Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2014, 05:49 PM   #2

Default Re: Hold my beer

My neck and back hurt just watching! ouch
littlemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 05:51 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Damn, it hurts to see what could have been nice winter driver Jeeps tore up that way?!
BJoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 05:51 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Its funny the truck that broke the worst was the one that looked the most like it belonged there.
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:02 PM   #5
MODERATOR™

That Cherokee went flying!
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:05 PM   #6
Defy Gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Damn, it hurts to see what could have been nice winter driver Jeeps tore up that way?!
its a jeep. short wheelbases are a bitch in the winter, too damn squirrely. walk a couple miles, find another one tipped over on the side of the road and run that. rinse and repeat until you just buy a decent half ton or up pickup and throw a few hundred lbs. of crap in the back. at least with that you have some utility as well.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:13 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
That Cherokee went flying!
Wasn't that lr3 in his moms ride
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:16 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtpdm5 View Post
its a jeep. short wheelbases are a bitch in the winter, too damn squirrely. walk a couple miles, find another one tipped over on the side of the road and run that. rinse and repeat until you just buy a decent half ton or up pickup and throw a few hundred lbs. of crap in the back. at least with that you have some utility as well.
Bah, this will be the 11th winter I've DD'd an XJ with a NV242 transfer case, anything less and you might as well grow a mullett and drive a Camaro in the snow
BJoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:17 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I think I saw LR3 in there.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:19 PM   #10
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
Its funny the truck that broke the worst was the one that looked the most like it belonged there.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:30 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Location: Working in my dream RC workshop and remodeling my entire home.

I had a mullet and drove a Camaro in the snow for awhile when I was younger until I could afford a truck! Yeah, it sucked!! Learned how to drift pretty good! If you let off and slowed down for some corners, you were stuck!! LOL!!!!!
MAXXMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 07:00 PM   #12
Defy Gravity

for a long time i drove a 94 1500 chevy, had 212k when we sold it, i got it stuck once in the winter. only reason i couldn't get it out is the way chevy locks the front in. then went to the 02 chevy 2500hd. dad got it stuck once driving off the end of the driveway, but kinda hard to tell where anything is after 12 inches of fresh snow. now i drive my 95 dodge cummins 2500. 2 semi batteries and it'll crank down to 0 deg and in about 5 years, the worst problem its had is mopar wiring (the motor is by far the best thing going for dodge, and the epa and crap wiring has now robbed that). from field work to trail running fun in the black hills, not a problem.

the only reason i can see to buy an suv is if you straight up never use a vehicle for work. i've got a 100 gallon tank that goes in the back sometimes, throw countless amounts of horrible, wretch inducing mess in, haul a bit of rock, a ton of tools, and also hook trailers that would have your jeep tractor-pulling down the road like a dog drags on carpet. also use it to pull the grader. then the fairly normal stuff like scrap metal, wood (logs or lumber, same weight, different shape at the end of the day), boxes, etc. that would make the back of an suv a hellhole.

aside from all of that, even in the worst of what minnesota winters can offer, i rarely have to use 4x4, if i use it more than i should have to, i just throw more crap in the bed and the problem is solved. really the worst time i have is in spring when the roads thaw and the heavy as hell front starts to sink into the soup that passes for roads around here. anything in the regular cab-short box or shorter category usually fails in either hilarious or fatal ways around here. the s-10 blazer is one of the first things over, along with the very few jeeps (when you could still call them that....i may not like them, anything but solid axles under it, its not a jeep) and other short, spin happy suv's.

tl;dr: i use my truck as a truck, not as a lifted station wagon like 99% of jeep and other suv owners do. jeep has been one of my bottom of my barrel of manufacturers due to the fanbase that deifies them as above all other 4wd vehicles.

Last edited by ghtpdm5; 09-28-2014 at 07:03 PM.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 07:28 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

thats classic!!!!!!!
gearhead79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:18 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

My first 4x4 was a Mitsubushi L200 EXT cab pickup, it got stuck on a level wet lawn and my M8 in his land rover had to pull me free while he laughed his ass off and taunted my car.

That was a embarresing lesson in tyres for me, but after i got some proper 4x4 rubber under it and whent offroading with the Land Rover club i shut my M8 up good as i was driving the same lines he did.

Aside from 1 uphill line, witch i could have done too but it would have destroyed at least the panels and most likely allso 1 side of my "brand new" car.

I called it my Bitch Su Mishi

And on winter days with only RWD it was most exelent to drift, though many ppl got scared by seeing the pickup come sideways towards them, only to do the turn in perfect style.

Allso in wintertime roundabouts was pretty fun to drift in RWD
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 11:09 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Drove jeeps for years in all kinds of weather and never had a problem. I also took the training wheels off my bike
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 11:13 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

After driving pretty much every type of vehicle on the road during winter I've given up on 4 wheel drive. I've driven nothing but lowered 2 wheel drive toyota trucks on street tires year round for the last 3 years. Not a single problem, but I've driven by many 4 wheel drives in the ditches.

I don't run studs on my semi either and it's obviously not an all wheel drive and yet again, no issues. People can either drive in the winter or they can't.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 11:14 PM   #17
Suck it up!

Drove this boat on bias ply all season tires year round for 3 years. Never got stuck once. Slid off the road and into the ditch a few times, but never got stuck.

Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 11:29 PM   #18
RCC Addict

That is a sweet ride
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 05:09 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
After driving pretty much every type of vehicle on the road during winter I've given up on 4 wheel drive. I've driven nothing but lowered 2 wheel drive toyota trucks on street tires year round for the last 3 years. Not a single problem, but I've driven by many 4 wheel drives in the ditches.

I don't run studs on my semi either and it's obviously not an all wheel drive and yet again, no issues. People can either drive in the winter or they can't.
Same here!!!!!!! 2wd ever since I got my license.ive driven 4x4's in the winter and yea its kinda nice and nothing against anyone who likes 4wd,but my 2wd's have gotten me around just fine.theres no need to do 70mph down the expressway in a snow storm like everyone with 4wd does around here.
And as far as my semi,well.......... I run a single axle mack and it does ok at best!!! The main thing Is I have to keep a good amount of weight over the rearend of the tractor,and if I do then it does pretty good,but ill tell ya I sure miss my twin screw mack,cuz I run around the chicago area and they have really been dropping the ball the last few years.between the city and my customers not plowing their docks,winter just means extra stress for about 6ish months
gearhead79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 05:28 AM   #20
Pebble Pounder

We need to get your American Rednecks around for a party with the Aussie Bogans
We can call it ( the coalition of the beer swilling )
Name:  ugugeha2.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  53.9 KB
lunatick is offline   Reply With Quote

Hold my beer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hold my beer...watch this C*H*U*D Chit Chat 16 08-16-2011 11:13 PM
Best Beer Ever!!! RANOVRU Chit Chat 10 08-29-2009 06:08 AM
Beer on! EeePee Chit Chat 22 05-05-2007 06:09 AM
hold my beer watch this shortbusjeep Chit Chat 11 11-04-2005 09:28 PM