Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: redcat racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2006, 07:59 AM   #1

Default redcat racing

alright guys im not all that knowledgeble about gas/nitro trucks and i wanted to know if a redcat racing volcano sv pro is worth buying
1cool_race10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2006, 08:05 AM   #2
2006 2.2 National Champ

If you want to crawl, then electric is the only way to go. I'd look into building a TLT based crawler, they are scale and extrmemly capable.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:26 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

i sell / distribute their products in my country, they are good for the money, the pro is the all aluminum suspension version, it's more expensive a little heavier, still plenty fast. i clocked mine with 30 % nitro at 41mph
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:00 AM   #4

i just want it to mess around im not got to crawl with it
yea i took a look at its just the basic model with all their hop ups on it
Old 12-08-2006, 10:07 AM   #5
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cool_race10
i just want it to mess around im not got to crawl with it
yea i took a look at its just the basic model with all their hop ups on it
Pay attention here.

' , . ' ...... ,,,, '''''''' ' ' ' ' '... , . ,' ' ,. .;' , .'

understand?
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:36 PM   #6

what the hell
Old 12-08-2006, 02:26 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

DON"T buy it. where are you going to get parts locally? If you just want to bash I'd get an MGT (owned one for years now) I've own Tmaxx Savage etc.. and the MGT has been the best so far.
damion289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:30 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57
Pay attention here.

' , . ' ...... ,,,, '''''''' ' ' ' ' '... , . ,' ' ,. .;' , .'

understand?

priceless.....rotflmao
phishead1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 05:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by damion289
DON"T buy it. where are you going to get parts locally? If you just want to bash I'd get an MGT (owned one for years now) I've own Tmaxx Savage etc.. and the MGT has been the best so far.
whats mgt
Old 12-08-2006, 06:03 PM   #10
I'm a stupid C U N T!

associated monster GT

there are several of brands of RC i would choose before a redcat.

HPI savage for bashing
Revo/tmaxx for playing and racing
LST2

HPI, LOSI, Associated, Traxxas, Kyosho, Ofna.
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:09 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
what the hell
He was requesting that you use punctuation.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:19 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I thought Braille was a nice touch...
radishkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:31 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
alright guys im not all that knowledgeble about gas/nitro trucks and i wanted to know if a redcat racing volcano sv pro is worth buying

Quote:
Originally Posted by damion289
Listen to damion289 , Also I will throw my 2 cents in. If you want it for just "messing around with" get a Rc with lots of support from your LHS. Don't buy it off Ebay and expect it to work right , IT WON'T !! Go to your LHS and ask what parts are easy for them to get or what ones they always stock. Nitro is alot different from electric in the aspect of tuning and maintenance is a lot different. I should know I race every season and do total tear downs after every race day. If I was in your LHS I would push you towards a LST 2 . Good support and its 1 of the latest MT out . Besides Traxxas's Revo and the HPI Savage X. The Losi LST2 comes with a better radio and its FM which means its more likely to be glitch free , and we all know who uses the infamous traxxas TQ3 how we run into that problem. I don't want to see you get that "volcano sv pro " and then be turned off from nitro cause you got a so called good deal .

Trust me hit the LHS ask them what they advise and get it from them. I always support my LHS . You will see the turn around in the long run from them.

Hope you choose the Losi LST 2 , its a great basher/ racer. I race it in the MT class . I puts a hurtn on the revos and maxxes every race.
RodyRazorBackc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:50 PM   #14
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
what the hell
Thats what I said after reading yours.

School is good O.K.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:04 PM   #15
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodyRazorBackc5
Listen to damion289 , Also I will throw my 2 cents in. If you want it for just "messing around with" get a Rc with lots of support from your LHS. Don't buy it off Ebay and expect it to work right , IT WON'T !! Go to your LHS and ask what parts are easy for them to get or what ones they always stock. Nitro is alot different from electric in the aspect of tuning and maintenance is a lot different. I should know I race every season and do total tear downs after every race day. If I was in your LHS I would push you towards a LST 2 . Good support and its 1 of the latest MT out . Besides Traxxas's Revo and the HPI Savage X. The Losi LST2 comes with a better radio and its FM which means its more likely to be glitch free , and we all know who uses the infamous traxxas TQ3 how we run into that problem. I don't want to see you get that "volcano sv pro " and then be turned off from nitro cause you got a so called good deal .

Trust me hit the LHS ask them what they advise and get it from them. I always support my LHS . You will see the turn around in the long run from them.

Hope you choose the Losi LST 2 , its a great basher/ racer. I race it in the MT class . I puts a hurtn on the revos and maxxes every race.
ever have problems with dogbones popping out of the tranny, i would have hoped they would have made them longer on the 2 but it doesnt appear they did.

If you looking to go racing. i would say a truggy like the Ofna-Jammin rig. its well built, simple, and handles like its on rails.. I run a Hellfire its as good but takes a bit more to get it there. I have run revos, maxx's, lst's savages, and redcats too. I personaly prefer the savage for severe bashing. Traxxas stuff runs good and has lots of potental but require mods to get them race ready or bash ready. the LST is great out of the box and has by far the best RTR radiosystem on the Market.. JR XS3i W/ 2 high torque MG servos on the steering. plus the hi/low and auto 2 speed tranny the only thing i dont like about them is the exposed 2 speed system and the short tranny drive shafts.
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:22 PM   #16

Quote:
Thats what I said after reading yours.

School is good O.K.
hey i was just typing fast and its kind of hard to type with stitches in my hand, and im an honor student in my junior year of school
Old 12-09-2006, 06:19 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

oh yeah, i forget parts avaialbility is a must, like i said they are good for the money for an entry level nitro, and i sell all the parts for the cars i sell in Honduras, but if were you i'd check locally for spare parts at your lhs for your car of choice. IMHO these car are great, they are cheap, parts are very cheap, and we been having a blast beating all the ofnas and kyosho 1/8 buggys with the redcat hurricane xp at the local track, these redcat cost much less then the competition and are very good.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:31 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

If your LHS doesn't carry parts, or you're not willing to wait, then don't do it.

When you break it, and bring it to the LHS hoping "you guys will have something that like fits another car" then you become what we call "that dumbass with the Redcat who made us spend an hour looking for a four-dollar part".

Yeah, our favorite guy. Spend the extra 20 bucks and buy something that you can fix the same day you break it, without having to bootyfab it or wait for parts.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:25 AM   #19
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
hey i was just typing fast and its kind of hard to type with stitches in my hand, and im an honor student in my junior year of school
Well,I'm typing right now with 3 gimpy finger that got smashed at work. Excuses are like buttholes.....everyones got one,and they all stink like crap

Honor student.....You should know better than anyone that you use punctuation in your writings. If you truly are an honor students:-P :-P
Old 12-09-2006, 09:14 AM   #20

Quote:
Well,I'm typing right now with 3 gimpy finger that got smashed at work. Excuses are like buttholes.....everyones got one,and they all stink like crap

Honor student.....You should know better than anyone that you use punctuation in your writings. If you truly are an honor students:-P :-P
why use punctuations it seems like everybody knew what i was talking about