Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Local hobby store

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2006, 08:42 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Local hobby store

I do nto know abotu you guys but my nearest hobby store bites big time.

I am into two things. One being parkflyer sized RC aircraft and the other is my new interest in rock crawling monster trucks.

Well unless it involves larger scale nitro aircraft or the large gravel piut bashers such as the Revos, T maxxs etc then they do not stock it or parts for it.

I do not know why I even go there anymore. When I talk about these growing segments of this hobby (parkflyers and rock crawlers) they just look at me all funny like and think it is a joke.
Rat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2006, 08:47 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

This is Chit Chat. [stupid]
Tronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:51 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat1

I am into two things. One being parkflyer sized RC aircraft and the other is my new interest in rock crawling monster trucks.

Well unless it involves larger scale nitro aircraft or the large gravel piut bashers such as the Revos, T maxxs etc then they do not stock it or parts for it.

I do not know why I even go there anymore. When I talk about these growing segments of this hobby (parkflyers and rock crawlers) they just look at me all funny like and think it is a joke.
Your right they think it stupid my hobby shop doesnt sell anythign good and never has stuff you can actually use for something good

I hope they at least for some 2.2 moabs instock for when i take a trip today
Brandon M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:01 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Ours sell nothing for rock crawling, and the bits of things they do sell are really really expensive. We have to purchase everything from the states and wait for it to arrive and pay the bloody customs duty.
Tronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:04 AM   #5
MODERHATER™

In colorado we have over 5 stores that are starting to cater to our needs!
One even has it's own rock mountain!
Thought u should know!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:08 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Mine is also stating .

Moabs of all sizes , TLT axles , Spurs , Lathes , and just put in a order for 10 bushwhackers. Sux there not available til 1/1/07
RodyRazorBackc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:08 AM   #7

my nearest LHS is 300 miles away in Reno. I live in the middlw of nowhere Nevada. Thank the good Lord for the Internet.
jcilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:09 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

My local shop caters to airplanes and helis of all sorts, not much support for other aspects. The hobby shop I frequent is a 30 or 40 minute drive, they have a much larger selection and general knoweldge. I've yet to find a part that they cant order if I need.
xjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:21 AM   #9
MWRCA'er

Mine orders about everything in need at a discounted rate. They stock the basics, lathe motors, servos, tires, bodys, and a hilift kit. Out of all the hobby shops I've been to I like the local hobby shop the best.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:38 AM   #10
RCC Addict

I know it's not fun when the parts you want are not in stock, but the LHS has to sell what sells. Unfortunately, as cool as we think crawlers are, not many other do. That is why the parts you want are not in stock. It's all about demand. The demand for crawlers is low and the demand for basher nitro MTs is high.

Feel lucky if your LHS will order the parts you need. It took me over 10 years to get a LHS that will actually special order the items I want.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:49 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat1

wow both hobbie shops around here are great they are both into the big stuff but also stalk all the little stuff and the other one is maintained by a member her nluvwithxler8ing he is alwasy in that store and made a rock garden in it to bring more people to the sport through the lhs so im sticking with them but i saport the members and venders here too
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote