Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: TXT non-crawling application question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2007, 04:30 PM   #1

Default TXT non-crawling application question

I have been a fairly serious racer for the past 5 years and have finally had enough of the $$$ outlay with racing year round and I am looking to do something with my TXT-1 which I bought when they first came out, built, ran for all of 10 minutes or so and it has been shelved since.

My question is...(I know this is a crawler site, but...) does anyone still use these for non-crawling bashing? I.e. 2 14 turns on 8-10 cells?

If so, how are people setting them up? (All I have in ut right now is 2 Futaba S9451 servos and a Spektrum Pro rx)

I understand that there are better trucks for such purposes but just curious.
WHOBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2007, 07:55 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

i would say part the truck out and buy an emaxx but thats my opinon
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:02 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I have been wondering the same thing. I just bought a TXT-1. I am putting it together right now. I live in Nebraska and there aren't many rocks here at all. So my rock crawling options are limited. I was planning on bashing and rock crawling with it. I am planning on putting an Emaxx tranny in it. I thought about buying an Emaxx, but I liked the straight axle / driveshaft realism of the TXT-1. I wanted to build it myself too.
Yama-Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:10 PM   #4
Sinking with the ship

Sell it and by a clod buster and get your self a powers chassis The txt takes way to much work to make it a good racer and itll always have terrible torque twist...only way I would keep it is if you find a tweaked racing chassis for it and there HARD to come by.

This is one of my race clods, it has a Tweaked Racing Powers chassis, has TTR CVDs and straight axle. High torque high speed JR servo with BTA setup (.08 secs/134oztq) Tempest maxx III ESC, REEDY hand wound 12 turn motors, losi 3 inch shocks, tapped axles and tubes, spektrum radio. Usually runs Imex pullers (hard compound ones) 8 cells
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 09:17 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I have one TXT for crawling and one for racing. I also have a clod for racing. The TXT can be competitive with the clods but it takes a lot of time and work to set it up right. I run my TXT in a Stock Monster class. It is called stock because there are the following limitations: 17 turn motors, 6 cell packs, and stock tires. Two Ambers and good matched cells with the right set up will work well. To eliminate torque twist I removed the cantalivers and mounted the shocks in a more traditional manor. Placing different weight oils in each of the rear shocks and using different springs also helped remove the twist. Problem is it made it bounce more when landing off of tall jumps. Hope this helps.
tkruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 09:48 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

i have txt axles under a tuber im building, i got a txt trans in a truck i built for the ga scale comp running a novak crawler system. that tranny got ragged on for a day and a half straight and held up fine, i even had the jugg 5mm shaft in it for pede shafts. got another set of txt axles to put under a 6th scale jeep. i think theyr good looking axles and have some decent upgrades for em.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:41 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I built my last TXT for bashing. Traditional-style shocks with stiffer rear oil, sway bars, ~14" WB, side-mounted batteries (14.4V) for handling, locked rear axle, limited-slip front axle. Handles pretty good an goes 16-18MPH.
Mazlem is offline   Reply With Quote