Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: im thinking of buying a 250f

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2005, 08:43 AM   #1

Default im thinking of buying a 250f

Ive been looking at the 2004 ktm 250 fourstroke dirtbike but i canīt decide i realy need a new bike and im leaning towards a four stroke instead of a two stroke again any one have any suggestions or opinion as to bikes.

īmotorrad macht mir spaß

Last edited by lodikrawlingkiller; 02-16-2005 at 08:53 AM. Reason: typo
lodikrawlingkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2005, 08:50 AM   #2
Colt Python/SR9c

nothing like a 2 stroke

besides i only ride the king with wings ;)
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 08:52 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Gotta love the 2 stroke.

If you plan to just trail ride then the 4 stroke would be better, but I still love the 2 stroke.
jwrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 01:13 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Is this your 1st bike? Where are you gonna ride it, trail or track? Why KTM, and not a Honda? IMO if you have to ask questions about what bike to get, you probably need a bike thats reliable; HONDA XR250 or CRF250 F IS FOR FAST/FOURSTROKE
JakeTheAlligatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 01:25 PM   #5
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeTheAlligatorMan
Is this your 1st bike? Where are you gonna ride it, trail or track? Why KTM, and not a Honda? IMO if you have to ask questions about what bike to get, you probably need a bike thats reliable; HONDA XR250 or CRF250 F IS FOR FAST/FOURSTROKE

by the way he talks this isn't his 1st bike. he says he needs a new one, like his old one is done with but i agree, all i will ever ride is honda. i have had just about every other bike and my hondas had done best. never owned a KTM and with the people i have rode with, i never will either

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodikrawlingkiller
i realy need a new bike
Old 02-16-2005, 02:03 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Sorry, I meant it as mild constructive/positive sarcasim ;). When it comes to bikes I think you need to be really careful as far as advice/OPINION, some people just can't handle the POWER. I was hoping he'd come back at us with his bike history, experiance, price range?
JakeTheAlligatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:40 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Ive riden the new rmz 250 fourstrokes and they are hella fast. It will be my next bike. The power on that bike is nuts. I would deffenantly look into a suzuki 250 fourstroke. My friend had a ktm that was nice but not as good as the suzuki.He sold it and bought a 450.

Test ride it and you will be sold.
sambmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 03:01 PM   #8
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeTheAlligatorMan
Sorry, I meant it as mild constructive/positive sarcasim ;). When it comes to bikes I think you need to be really careful as far as advice/OPINION, some people just can't handle the POWER. I was hoping he'd come back at us with his bike history, experiance, price range?

ahh aint no reason to be sorry, i have been sicker than a dog lately and pumped full of drugs

yeah i agree on making sure you can handle the power. my 1st bike ever was a KX500 and it would scare the crap outta me. i had finally gotten used to it and was good. but my buddy came over and i had it out. he begged and begged to ride it and i kept saying no.. he begged and begged some more and said he had ridden all kinds of 125's and stuff. i warned him the power it had..he was a know-it-all.. needless to say, he took off, ran across the street and pegged the throttle. the bike stood up and jerkled him off. him and the bike slid another 50 ft. down the street

after he wiped the blood off and stuff, he said " I didn't think it had that much power"

ok, im done hijacking Lodi ;)
Old 02-16-2005, 04:09 PM   #9
RCC Addict

2-strokes can go were ever a four can, and there funner. i also ride a HONDA, a 04' Cr 125.

Last edited by mike; 02-16-2005 at 04:25 PM.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 04:18 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Yes, but 2 strokes can do it faster
Old 02-16-2005, 06:33 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

3 Wheels Are Better
cborrowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 04:59 AM   #12

hey guys sorry for taking solong to get back to you, its hard with the time difference. as for bike history ive had a few, from a honda 80 threewheeler to my last bike a 2001 cr125. i love honda too but ive heard great things about the ktm bikes and alot of people ride them here in europe. and four stroke over two im not sure ive heard and read alot about 4 strokes but never ridden one outside of quads and street bikes so im not sure. i primarily ride trail or in the desert and my dad has a dune buggy. This definitly is not my first bike though ive been riding since i was about 6 and i really liked my cr125 but i sold that and my car before i left for germany in july. ok thanks for the help guys.

deutschland hat nur einen fehlerkeit dass ist michael schumacher keinen mercedes fehrt.
lodikrawlingkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 06:47 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cborrowman
3 Wheels Are Better
I originally started out with a Black Kawasaki 125 3 wheeler four stroke. a lot of fun, but you gotta know how to drive it without killin yourself.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:49 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

yea the ktms seem very popular in europe, arent they made in austria? I know 2 strokes are fun ive owned many, but those of you who say they are better and faster probly have never riden a new 4 stroke. And dont get me wrong i love 2 strokes two but the new bikes are really something. The 4 stroke tech has come so far the past few years they are nothing like the older 4 stroke trailbikes.
sambmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 08:21 AM   #15
Dirt Addict

Location: Stumblin' thru the parking lot of an invisible 7-Eleven

I grew up riding 2-strokes and last spring decided I wanted another bike after being off one for about 6 years. I ride trail/desert only, no track. I'm 43 and weigh about 145 lbs. I originally thought I'd buy a 250 smoker, but was intrigued by the newer performance 4-strokes.

I bought a 2001 Yamaha WR426F. Great trail bike with good power. I owned it for 3-4 months and had a lot of fun on it. I found it was just a bit too heavy for me.

I swapped to a 2003 Yamaha YZ250F about 3 months ago and absolutely love it. It is light and works great for my size/weight. I was surprised how much bottom end it still has and opens up very nicely on the top end. Redline is 13.5k, I believe. I'm hooked on the newer 4-strokes and don't really miss the 2-stroke bike. Personal preference though.

If you're interested in 4-strokes, this is a great forum source:

www.thumpertalk.com

No personal experience, but from what I've read there the CRF Hondas have in the past (not sure on '05s) suffered from premature valvetrain failure issues.

Jay
roktoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 11:34 AM   #16
RCC Addict

ya i ride with my friends and a few of them have the newer 450s. there hella fast. but a 2=stoke is still funner i think
Old 02-17-2005, 04:01 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

Quote:
from a honda 80 threewheeler

humor me...when did honda make a atc 80?
Old 02-17-2005, 04:18 PM   #18
RCC Addict

they made an atc 70. but it could be board out to 80cc or somthin :?
Old 02-17-2005, 09:25 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

The kTM are nice bikes they come stock with good parts and have good power as for me I am currently riding a 2003 Rm 125, the KTM was my second choice.
bubbacheechee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 02:08 AM   #20
Rock Stacker

mmm marguara clutch...mmmm wp shocks.... :-P