Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Interesting. VP evading taxes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2018, 06:19 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Interesting. VP evading taxes?

So, it sounds like this thread has kind of turned 180 degrees. It seems like it went from Tom being a cool dude, rebelling against the man, exposing shady practices and giving out designs to the masses to Tom just being a disgruntle ass-hat who is just blowing hot air....

Huh...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2018, 07:07 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
So, it sounds like this thread has kind of turned 180 degrees. It seems like it went from Tom being a cool dude, rebelling against the man, exposing shady practices and giving out designs to the masses to Tom just being a disgruntle ass-hat who is just blowing hot air....

Huh...
Well when you don't follow through with threats it makes you look like a fool. I don't think your assessment is correct though. People are still trying to figure out WTF is really going on!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:38 AM   #63
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
So I wonder when Tom@VP was banned? I'm guessing recently but I'm sure that's one of those things we'll never know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
from here? i think he's been gone for years now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
I don't think Tom was banned but simply left?
I can tell you Tom@VP was banned on 12/08/2015, I didn't ban him, and I don't know why he was banned.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:05 AM   #64
I wanna be Dave

holy crap!! Hello Jason
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:11 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
I can tell you Tom@VP was banned on 12/08/2015, I didn't ban him, and I don't know why he was banned.
Ze plot. It thickens!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 01:07 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Ze plot. It thickens!
Wonder what ads were changed?
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:02 PM   #67
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
holy crap!! Hello Jason
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Wonder what ads were changed?
I'm not the person that changes the ads, nice try at a dig though.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:05 PM   #68
Donkey Punch Champion!

Fake news.
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:53 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
Fake news.
But the pain is real...
Old 01-06-2018, 04:49 AM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Checkout Tom's recent instagram posts

Someone who started a business and invested a lot of his personal belongings into a business should not be expelled from it (whatever the reason) without a fair deal.

People with integrity strike a balance in business dealings. If someone has to end a partnership, then the company assets have to be diluted or distributed as per individual investment.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 08:42 AM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post

Someone who started a business and invested a lot of his personal belongings into a business should not be expelled from it (whatever the reason) without a fair deal.

People with integrity strike a balance in business dealings. If someone has to end a partnership, then the company assets have to be diluted or distributed as per individual investment.
Most likely they did not enter into their partnership with a handshake agreement. There were likely contracts with clauses and stipulations about performance, obligations, and what happens if someone quits, or gets booted. One can assume that because Tom is on a Trump-style online tirade, and not battling this in court that he got what was coming to him, based on the contract(s) he signed.

Not siding with one party or the other on this, but if you have done any contractual business dealings at all, you know you need to read and understand everything before you sign. If you are unable (or unwilling) to read and understand a contract, you need to hire someone that can read it and break it down in plain language.

This is just like all of those idiots you hear about in the news that buy a house in an HOA then cry because they are being told they can't fly their USMC flag.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:16 AM   #72
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post

It is posted on the internet, it must all be true.
Vp Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:07 AM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
I'm not the person that changes the ads, nice try at a dig though.

Is that what it takes for you to pop in more than once every other month?
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:19 AM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vp Monkey View Post
Just my .02 , so take it for what it's worth. You may want to have someone make a statement (even if it doesn't really say anything) rather than you guys start making trite comments on the forum like has happened in the past. It doesn't make you guys look good, or professional.

Having said that, I don't see the big deal about this. If Tom has been gone for two years and is just now blowing up over this, then it is much Ado about nothing. If he had any actual recourse it would have been taken care of by now. If he was really releasing the files as he claims, there would be recourse for vp to go after him, unless it was specifically stated that he had full ownership of those files. If that were the case, vp wouldn't be able to continue making any of those products without a contract between vp and Tom after he left.
makya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:33 AM   #75
Rock Crawler

You are right, I 100% agree. Hard to be a punching bag and not able to respond with actual facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makya View Post
Just my .02 , so take it for what it's worth. You may want to have someone make a statement (even if it doesn't really say anything) rather than you guys start making trite comments on the forum like has happened in the past. It doesn't make you guys look good, or professional.

Having said that, I don't see the big deal about this. If Tom has been gone for two years and is just now blowing up over this, then it is much Ado about nothing. If he had any actual recourse it would have been taken care of by now. If he was really releasing the files as he claims, there would be recourse for vp to go after him, unless it was specifically stated that he had full ownership of those files. If that were the case, vp wouldn't be able to continue making any of those products without a contract between vp and Tom after he left.
Vp Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:02 AM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
We all can only asume at this point because there is only one party at it WITHOUT a counter statement. You know, how terrible public judgement can be.

I know one thing for sure, IF what Tom has said is true about his belongings, then he has suffered a lot. Its not easy to build setup in the mechanical industry and without that setup, one cannot do much with their skill/talent other than opting for a job and making someone else rich.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:15 AM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You are right, I 100% agree. Hard to be a punching bag and not able to respond with actual facts.

I also agree, your side ?

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:23 AM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Most likely they did not enter into their partnership with a handshake agreement. There were likely contracts with clauses and stipulations about performance, obligations, and what happens if someone quits, or gets booted. One can assume that because Tom is on a Trump-style online tirade, and not battling this in court that he got what was coming to him, based on the contract(s) he signed.

Not siding with one party or the other on this, but if you have done any contractual business dealings at all, you know you need to read and understand everything before you sign. If you are unable (or unwilling) to read and understand a contract, you need to hire someone that can read it and break it down in plain language.

This is just like all of those idiots you hear about in the news that buy a house in an HOA then cry because they are being told they can't fly their USMC flag.
VP is a Limited Liability Company. I think Tom's personal belongings can't be taken over.

Old 01-06-2018, 11:33 AM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Why after 3.5 years does this issue manifest?
I truly think that there is a lot of misinformation being given to social media by Tom and a lot of unfounded speculation by others.

As to any issue there is always 2 sides to a story. It doesn't seem right that after 3.5 years Tom decides to threaten to release files, and according to his social media posts he has already done so..... Any reasonable person would have taken care of his tool issue years ago rather then using social media as blackmail to do it 3-4 years later.

Reading Toms social media posts its rather obvious that he was sent a letter from an attorney to stop. It didn't seem to matter if you look at whats transpired after that.

Watching Toms social media progression, I truly believe that there is mental illness of one sort or another. Its texbook. I cant blame VP or Steve Brown for not responding in public. How do you respond properly to someone who isnt rational? Its reasonable to assume that they are properly doing what they need to do as any company or person would do in this situation.

There is a right way to do things and also a wrong way.
Dont assume no social media announcement is a sign of innocents or guilt. IMO,its a privet matter between parties.

JMHO

Last edited by FastEddy; 01-06-2018 at 11:40 AM.
FastEddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 01:10 PM   #80
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddy View Post
... IMO,its a privet matter between parties.

JMHO
Wait, so this all happened due to an argument over a small flowering plant? :p
makya is offline   Reply With Quote

Interesting. VP evading taxes? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interesting JeremyH Chit Chat 34 11-22-2011 12:39 PM
this looks interesting!!! breitenbach14 Chit Chat 1 05-27-2008 10:40 PM
Should be interesting joemomma95 Chit Chat 10 12-28-2007 01:13 PM
Interesting ??? MatrixTech Newbie General 4 03-27-2007 03:20 PM