Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Lhs Problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2005, 11:39 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Lhs Problems

Ok I bought a JR servo from my lhs tuesday 2-15-05 two days later it went pffffft! (smelt electronically bad)
I took it back to them on friday and they said they would have to call JR. On the package it says 3 year warrenty. Shouldn't they just give me a new one or should I have to wait to hear what JR says? :?
kwj48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2005, 11:45 AM   #2
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwj48
Ok I bought a JR servo from my lhs tuesday 2-15-05 two days later it went pffffft! (smelt electronically bad)
I took it back to them on friday and they said they would have to call JR. On the package it says 3 year warrenty. Shouldn't they just give me a new one or should I have to wait to hear what JR says? :?
I just had a new Hitec digital 945mg and a Duratrax Twin Pulse charger die on me inside of a week. My LHS told me the same thing, "contact manufacturer". It's BS!
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 11:55 AM   #3
Dan
Rock Stacker

sorry to say but some companies actually want to deal with the customer directly: check this link out: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0002p?&M=HRC. Hope this helps

-Dan
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 02:02 PM   #4

That's a bummer, but that's how it is. I work part time at a hobby store and the distributors have instructed us to tell the customer to deal with the manufacturer directly for warranty work. Sometimes, depending on the item and where it came from, we are able to do most of that work for the customer.
rcbildr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 02:26 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I finally talked to my LHS on the phone ( after a busy signal for more than 3 hrs), of course the guy I talked to wasn't there. The lady I talked to said it would be tuesday now since her son hadn't called yet. I'm not happy

Last edited by kwj48; 02-19-2005 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:07 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I was just fired from my LHS

I'm so happy. Hobbytown USA can suck nuts! I hate corporations even more after being there. They were good to customers about returns/warranty issues, but they didn't want us to tell any customers about anything outside of the shop. Hell, I couldn't even tell a guy where to buy some deck screws if they were to have asked. That's alright, I told a couple people about towerhobbies yesterday before I was fired...
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 07:55 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder