Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Cannabis and crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2019, 11:31 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Cannabis and crawlers

I don't know about all of you but I find going for a hike to go crawling and bringing along a joint a great relaxing time. If you're in california and want to get cannibis delivered try out https://eaze.com/share/l/icdsgbe you get $20 off your first order. I've used this service a few times and it's a good service. Im not affiliated with them I just wish to share what I like.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by motakitty; 03-15-2019 at 12:24 PM.
motakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2019, 11:40 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Cannabis and crawlers

"I don't know about all of you but I find going for a hike to go crawling and bringing along a joint."

Are ya smokin' right now? Cuz that sentence don't make sense there boy!
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:11 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

For me, I have never tried a joint, and never will. My thoughts are that crawling and trailing is a family hobby with a lot of youngins around and weed has no place in that setting! And even if there are no kids in your group, there could be some on a trail your on that would find it offensive, (Crawlers or just hikers). I know I would say something if I was on the same trail. I'm not putting you down for smoking in or around your environment but please not in my "back yard". JMO

Ernie

PS: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dad-...133238391.html

Last edited by CODYBOY; 03-15-2019 at 12:27 PM.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:22 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

OK, I understand that your post is one step up from an ad-bot, but here is an opinion on it...

Doing drugs while doing an activity that is likely to draw in kids is very stupid.

With that, I have never tried MJ directly, but have had contact high a couple of times, and I REALLY hate the smell of it. But, being a fiscal conservative, I am all for its legalization and taxation; and there is no good reason for it to be on the Schedule 1 list.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:27 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

It's legal here in california. I know it's not for everyone. I look at it in the same light as alcohol. I never use around my kids. There's other products that are very discreet like a chocolate bar and so on. Im just sharing what I like doing. Im not trying to start a debate here.

Old 03-15-2019, 12:28 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
"I don't know about all of you but I find going for a hike to go crawling and bringing along a joint."

Are ya smokin' right now? Cuz that sentence don't make sense there boy!
I fixed it. My bad. I haven't smoked yet today lol

Old 03-15-2019, 12:28 PM   #7
~THE SCALE SHOP~

thought for SURE the OP was gonna be a 0 or 1 poster here to spam advertise
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:43 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I'm a live and let live kinda guy, so I don't have an issue with it. I can't smoke due to my career, but I did when I was younger. All of the media fear mongering and stereotypes about it with the exception of eating everything in the house are completely unfounded. The one thing I will say is that from watching friends, if you're lazy and unmotivated by nature, weed isn't going to do you any favors in that regard. If you're a get shit done type, then you'll be fine, I know I always was. That being said, hopefully if you see kids, a family, etc approaching you have enough common courtesy and sense of situational awareness to snuff it out. If you're all alone, so be it.

As far as RC as scaling/trailing being a family hobby; perhaps it is in some places. Around here, RC in general has been dead for a LONG time. Partly due to a terrible local economy, and partly due to the US Forest circus's incredibly short sighted rules and regulations.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:48 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

well i will agree as we have smoked many a joint while walking the scalers or E- dogs as i also call them.
BUT ! we have also both dropped that filthy habit 3 years ago and scaling are just as fun / relaxing today.
Took my friend 12 or so heart attacks in a hour, i just quit as i wanted to quit and support my friend.
We still have a "wish i had a joint moment" and past new year evening we also made one, took a few puffs each coughed like a SOB, laughed a little, drank some more single malt and looked at each other and said "why the hell did we ever start with this in the first place"
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:55 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I know it's something that still isn't as accepted as other things. Im always aware of others around me. That's why I like vaping, no lingering odor and very discreet. I still like a good joint every now and then. I was just trying to share what i like doing. Depending on the stain i might be very active and more apt to do things while other times i just want to sit and do nothing but that depends on the stain i smoke.

Old 03-15-2019, 12:57 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
For me, I have never tried a joint, and never will. My thoughts are that crawling and trailing is a family hobby with a lot of youngins around and weed has no place in that setting! And even if there are no kids in your group, there could be some on a trail your on that would find it offensive, (Crawlers or just hikers). I know I would say something if I was on the same trail. I'm not putting you down for smoking in or around your environment but please not in my "back yard". JMO

Ernie

PS: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dad-...133238391.html
What a dumba$$ smoking in front of your child who has asthma. Some people don't get it.

Old 03-15-2019, 01:03 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

I’ve always thought that vaping concentrates smells like someone is smoking hash. Never mind how I know these things!
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:40 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

There is a bit of odor but no where near the odor iif a joint

Old 03-15-2019, 02:57 PM   #14
RCC Addict

I hate the smell of pot and tobacco together.. dunno what it's called.. spliff? Swisher? Blunt? I dunno. Used to live next to a bunch of gang-bangers and the hallway constantly reeked of that crap. That odor now takes me right back to those days... ugh.

Conversely, many times ( working in retail) I smell the fresh bud that people are carrying on them and it smells wonderful... go figure.

The one that will always make me cringe... hard-liquor. Makes me wanna throw chow and even the smell makes me wanna gag. I also absolutely hate dealing with people that reek of alcohol or show signs of intoxication. People become so damned horrible when they've been drinking. I'll take a stoner over a drunk any day.

Sorry OP for the brief hijack.

Last edited by high plains drifter; 03-15-2019 at 02:59 PM.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 03:28 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

No highjack. I too can't stand the smell of tobacco and alcohol. I've always loved the smell of pot, burnt or fresh. But then again im a stoner so go figure.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:51 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

I made this thread cause I find it awesome to be able to order weed like you order a pizza which I just did but the way. I also just found it relaxing to do the two together. I do use cannibis to heal my migraines too. Works like a charm.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:01 PM   #17
Suck it up!

Wait a minute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Stewart
Ever gone crawling.......on weed?
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:03 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

^^LMAO! Well played sir!

I'm all for federally legalizing it, and tax it the same way they do alcohol. But until the rules for workmans comp insurance are revised, it
still won't matter for many, myself included. In addition, they're talking about legalizing it here. But if they go the route of a lot of other states have, and give you the privilege of legal weed but infringe upon other constitutional rights in exchange, then I'm outta here quicker than I had planned.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 01:35 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

I can't smoke (cdl) so I don't. When I did smoke damned near 20 years ago we only smoked a bowl every hour or so and that was with far weaker weed than is available. Now when I'm around pot smokers they're roasting a bowl every 20 minutes or so yet I know it is much more potent than it was in years passed. Confusing.

One of the big national comps I was at last year every course was a time for literally 60%+ to smoke a bowl. It's like being sober makes you a rebel these days.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:06 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

If adults are engaged in activities that are not harmful to anyone and they are not influencing minors to do bad things then . . . smoke, toke, vape, drink, snort, shoot up, jump off, scream, and vote democrat for all I care . . .

Axial Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Cannabis and crawlers - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salty Crawlers Trial By Stone w/ Diablo Crawlers GABESPEED Competitions 0 12-03-2015 07:20 PM
Boston Crawlers Presents - King of the Crawlers, Hammond Pond, October 13th BC-Brian Massachusetts 39 10-16-2012 04:41 PM
Rock Crawlers of ATL. 10/18/08 Sponsored by Sinastir Crawlers TLTRyan Competitions 24 10-20-2008 07:02 AM