Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Vape'rs Delight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2019, 10:50 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Vape'rs Delight

After a 6 month hiatus from smoking via vaping, I stumbled and smoked for a bit. Man was I disappointed with the exhale volume!
Any who, I picked up a Smok RPM40 and really like this little vape and it's adjustable wattage.
https://www.smoktech.com/kit/rpm40
Currently I'm hitting 2% nico salt 100% VG with a touch of root beer on a 1ohm coil at 10w.
Delivers nice big puffs and very smooth.
It comes with two tanks, Nord and RPM, the Nord leaks but no issues with the RPM.
I also got some straight VG, I'll cut the nico salt as I mix it to 1% then 0 and just do straight VG and then drop it all together.

Started this as kind of a plug for the RPM40, and see what others are doing.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2019, 12:14 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Vape'rs Delight

After smoking at least 1.5-2 packs of Newports daily for 35 years, last February I switched to vaping as well. I started (like many sheeple) with a Juul, and very quickly found it was not for me.

Tried a couple other pod devices, then got on the Geekvape Flint, then moved to my current two rigs, the more portable Geekvape Aegis Solo with its Cerberus tank, or my daily take-to-work unit, the Vandy Vape Jackaroo with either the Hellvape Hellbeast tank or my newer Geekvape Zeus tank.

Didn't want to get into making my own coils - not enough time in my day for adding that - so I just use whatever sub-ohm coils the mfg has. Pretty content hitting them all at about 60W, and the coils tend to last me about 2 weeks.

I'm currently only using Aqua-branded juices at 6mg nicotine - took a while to find stuff I actually liked - nearly all the other fruit-flavored brands are too perfumey and vaping menthol was just bleargh. I did try various sugary flavors for a while first, but I kept getting burned out on them.

Gotta say it's way better than smoking, and I'm getting close to a year without having so much as a puff - I quit cold turkey after switching to vaping.

Never will I try CBD oil vapes, and there's none of that Vitamin E Acetate in what I buy, either.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 01:28 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I tried the ecigs when they first came out a few years back but wasn't able to get off the c sticks until I tried the Juul about a year ago. After doing Juul for a couple months, and refilling the pods I wanted something that worked better!
While Juul filling I found this place
https://liquidnicotinewholesalers.com/
and tried some pure VG juice, I liked it way better.
If I buy premixed juice I only get tobacco flavors, if I mix it myself I pick something that looks good at the time of purchase.
I like mixing it myself because I can step myself down. I mix 15ml bottles at a time and mix VG in with the salt nic.

I tried CBD a couple times, not bad but at the cost wasn't worth it. I'd rather go for the source.

Congrats on the smoking BTW, how do you feel?
When I quit last year, after a couple months I was feeling great, breathing better, and coughing less.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 02:36 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

After smoking at least 1.5-2 packs daily for 35 years i just stopped overnight.

I am contemplating if modding a vape kit will be cheaper that buying a more potent smoke unit for my G scale train.
Its a steam loco so really it should have a lot of smoke coming off it, and the factory Bachman smoke unit are just so weak.

Im never going to suck on any form of death-sticks again.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 03:09 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorsteenster View Post
I tried the ecigs when they first came out a few years back but wasn't able to get off the c sticks until I tried the Juul about a year ago. After doing Juul for a couple months, and refilling the pods I wanted something that worked better!
While Juul filling I found this place
https://liquidnicotinewholesalers.com/
and tried some pure VG juice, I liked it way better.
If I buy premixed juice I only get tobacco flavors, if I mix it myself I pick something that looks good at the time of purchase.
I like mixing it myself because I can step myself down. I mix 15ml bottles at a time and mix VG in with the salt nic.

I tried CBD a couple times, not bad but at the cost wasn't worth it. I'd rather go for the source.

Congrats on the smoking BTW, how do you feel?
When I quit last year, after a couple months I was feeling great, breathing better, and coughing less.
I don't cough at all any more...

Breathing is a bit better, but the real test is if I would stop procrastinating and get out on my MTB and hit some trails - which I haven't done in ages!

Unfortunately, my 1 bedroom apartment just got too crowded with stuff for me to bring it back from my brothers house, where I left it at the end of my last ride.

Also, I'm up 3 flights of stairs - which always made it all the harder to commit to going on a ride - having to carry it up the stairs at the end was seriously a drag.

If I could just get into a better living situation, I'd get back into riding regularly - but Austin rent and real estate is insane, and not likely to get better.

One of these days, though - gonna bust out with my VA loan and get into a house/doublewide/shack or whatever...
Old 12-15-2019, 07:09 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

"procrastinating" that's my middle name,,,, well one of them.
I have not been on a bicycle for real since 1989, only a short ride on my sisters cycle to prove to her and her kids that the old guy can still sit backwards on the handlebar and cycle like that.

Walking 3 - 4 - 5 miles with the scaler in Danish not that hilly topography, and i feel it the next couple of days, so i think maybe doing something "extreme" are too late for me.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 05:40 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I got custom cherrywood side panels for my Jackaroo for $22 from bccustomdesign.com:
Attached Images

Vape'rs Delight - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dabbler's Dingo Delight johnnyluv Axial SCX-10 13 11-03-2016 09:20 AM
Delight lighting system surya.prash17 General Scale Talk 2 06-09-2010 02:42 PM
bacon lovers delight dub599 Chit Chat 7 04-29-2010 09:23 PM