RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Coronavirus - Covid-19 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/616208-coronavirus-covid-19-a.html)

Topher Builds 03-11-2020 04:54 PM

Re: Coronavirus - Covid-19

1 Attachment(s)
This virus is going to end up making me cancel my vacation plans with my kiddo, we were going to go down to AZ but not any longer.

Maybe some corona virus memes will help.

mewalsh100 03-11-2020 06:27 PM

So, I just landed in my destination city today. Not even kidding when I tell you that I did indeed end up with a whole row to myself.

JatoTheRipper 03-11-2020 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSki (Post 6004037)
It did bring a little grin to my face !:mrgreen:

:lmao:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topher Builds (Post 6004045)
This virus is going to end up making me cancel my vacation plans with my kiddo, we were going to go down to AZ but not any longer.

That is a bummer!

I was thinking about going to the NASCAR weekend at Indianapolis because my mom works for Penske and she can get free tickets for both races (Smoke's return, road course, etc), but that's not going to happen with this BS going on right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mewalsh100 (Post 6004069)
So, I just landed in my destination city today. Not even kidding when I tell you that I did indeed end up with a whole row to myself.

Good luck. How many were wearing masks?

Joshs4x4toyz 03-11-2020 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topher Builds (Post 6004045)

Yup, we were heading to our place in HI for the kids spring break next week:cry: Maybe get a little camping trip in instead, but im not chancing it, especially since we be flying out of Seattle lol."thumbsup"

NoobCrawler 03-12-2020 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther6834 (Post 6003864)
I didn't want to politicize this, but here's more facts:
1) The economy under Obama increased, on an annual basis, by at least double what it's 'increased' under Trump.
2) In times of emergency, Obama pushed out funding as quickly as possible. Trump, on the other hand, (purposely) holds back finding, especially to those who oppose him.
3) Despite Trump's promise to cut governmental spending, especially presidential spending, Trump had spent more than ANY president in history. In his first 3 years in office, he's spent more than Obama did during his entire 8 years.

Trump is like the anti-Robin Hood...he takes from the poor, and gives to the rich.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place [emoji1690]

Not to pile more on you...but boy, I haven’t seen someone say so much that they don’t want to politicize something, then proceed to do just that....

To add to your shaky response concerning your Freedom of Speech, you’re only free from repercussions from the gov’t, not everyone else. I don’t understand how people got that notion in their mind? I guess they didn’t read the T&S’s when signing up...I mean, I didn’t either, but I know there’s things that you say that could be deemed inappropriate by those who run whatever you’re on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbrigg (Post 6003899)

People like you are a big part of why people like me would love to see California secede. Better that than having a bunch of you infecting red states as economic refugees and then voting in the same sort of people and expecting a different result. You know what Einstein said about that.

~more facts, logic and personal responsibility would make the world a far better place than all the leftist ideas could dream of.

Hey...we’re not all bad. Some of us love this state for everything it offers except the gov’t.

JatoTheRipper 03-12-2020 09:37 AM

We had a surprise meeting at work. Effective immediately, they have suspended the attendance policy and they want people to call off even if they think they are sick. This is so shocking from this company that seemingly would put money before health. I hope the people here actually follow that rule.

In the meantime, checkout this page of an official document from the Governor of Michigan. These are the idiots we have in charge of us...

http://i.imgur.com/yyhXG53h.jpg

soze 03-12-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 6004169)

That's some Xzibit "pimp my ride" ish right there! :lmao:

soze 03-12-2020 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 6003939)
Interestingly enough, most young children don't seem to be affected even if they are carrying the disease!

Jato, you don't have kids (at least I don't think you do), but if you did... you'd know that kids are basically "Germ Mules". :lmao:

Topher Builds 03-12-2020 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soze (Post 6004180)

Yo dawg, I heard you don’t want to get sick. So I’m going to tell you to avoid sick people who are sick so the sick people who are sick don’t get you sick.

JatoTheRipper 03-12-2020 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soze (Post 6004180)

:lmao: never thought of it that way!

Quote:

Originally Posted by soze (Post 6004182)
Jato, you don't have kids (at least I don't think you do), but if you did... you'd know that kids are basically "Germ Mules". :lmao:

No, kids for me! I'm as much of a kid as I need. Stay young, fool! LOL I love kids though and enjoy hanging out with my nephew and second cousins.

So are you suggesting you're going to put your board your kids at kennel when they get sick? :lmao:

soze 03-12-2020 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 6004191)
:lmao: never thought of it that way!

No, kids for me! I'm as much of a kid as I need. Stay young, fool! LOL I love kids though and enjoy hanging out with my nephew and second cousins.

So are you suggesting you're going to put your board your kids at kennel when they get sick? :lmao:

Nah, just saying to be fully aware that all kids have some Germ overlords telling them to go forth and spread their bacterial/viral offspring.

Topher Builds 03-12-2020 11:21 AM

This was quite interesting:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cZFhjMQrVts" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MaX-D 03-12-2020 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topher Builds (Post 6004184)

Yo dawg, I heard you don’t want to get sick. So I’m going to tell you to avoid sick people who are sick so the sick people who are sick don’t get you sick.

Now that's just funny right there!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

JatoTheRipper 03-12-2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soze (Post 6004193)
Nah, just saying to be fully aware that all kids have some Germ overlords telling them to go forth and spread their bacterial/viral offspring.

LOL just kidding.

Yes, some kids...well a lot of kids...have stupid or ignorant parents! I'm waiting for all schools to close. Most sports leagues are shutting down, but schools still aren't closing? Hmm...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topher Builds (Post 6004196)
This was quite interesting:

I watched that last night. He seems like a sensationalist and loves saying he was right. It's odd how some doctors are claiming it's the end of the world and others are saying this whole thing is being blown out of proportion.

I'm leaning towards the second part. It seems highly contagious, maybe worse than the flu, but it's not a death sentence for most people.

JatoTheRipper 03-12-2020 11:48 AM

The best yet! :lmao: Thanks to Cory!

http://i.imgur.com/d2dXRkYh.jpg

Topher Builds 03-12-2020 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 6004200)
I watched that last night. He seems like a sensationalist and loves saying he was right. It's odd how some doctors are claiming it's the end of the world and others are saying this whole thing is being blown out of proportion.

I'm leaning towards the second part. It seems highly contagious, maybe worse than the flu, but it's not a death sentence for most people.

I didn’t hear him saying anything like the end of the world? Nothing close to that.

People are focusing too much on the deaths, an outbreak like this is bigger than death as it will disrupt our ways of life in ways we aren’t prepared for. Not being able to get critical medicine that’s almost entirely manufactured in China, having childcare when schools are shut down, capacity of hospitals when nurses and doctors are sick. Availability of fresh produce and meat for dietary needs. Financial impacts like the cancelling of SXSW is a huge blow to the local businesses. Baseball will be suspended and all these concerts and basketball tournaments are cancelled which will cause people to lose work. Those are the challenges we need to be prepared for, not some post apocalyptic world that people are trying to act like everyone is afraid of. It’s much more practical than that.

Sneetches 03-12-2020 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 6004200)

Yeah I can't imagine why someone that wrote a book called "Deadliest Enemy: Our War Against Killer Germs" would proclaim that they were correct when a influenza appears that has quickly spread around the globe. I'm leaning towards the first part that after seeing what happened in Italy in such a short amount of time, maybe it should be taken more seriously.

Levi 03-12-2020 12:09 PM

The world is ending, lol. My kids school is most likely to shut down. The school said they would know by tomorrow. Not only are we stocked up at home, but stocking up on what rc stuff to keep me going when the boss at work tells us all to stay home lol. Can we fast forward this year to the end and put it all behind us?

Greatscott 03-12-2020 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 6004201)
The best yet! :lmao: Thanks to Cory!

http://i.imgur.com/d2dXRkYh.jpg

OK, I'll risk it and take one for the team, but you guys own me one!!!!

I don't think this coronavirus will be that bad, but I predicting some serious carnage with that milwaukee'sbestvirus hits.

JatoTheRipper 03-12-2020 12:31 PM

Maybe I'm looking at it differently. It's not rare for me to have a different perspective on things. I'm odd. :lmao:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topher Builds (Post 6004204)
I didn’t hear him saying anything like the end of the world? Nothing close to that.

People are focusing too much on the deaths, an outbreak like this is bigger than death as it will disrupt our ways of life in ways we aren’t prepared for. Not being able to get critical medicine that’s almost entirely manufactured in China, having childcare when schools are shut down, capacity of hospitals when nurses and doctors are sick. Availability of fresh produce and meat for dietary needs. Financial impacts like the cancelling of SXSW is a huge blow to the local businesses. Baseball will be suspended and all these concerts and basketball tournaments are cancelled which will cause people to lose work. Those are the challenges we need to be prepared for, not some post apocalyptic world that people are trying to act like everyone is afraid of. It’s much more practical than that.

He never said the world was ending. Assuming I'm not confusing the video, he was saying how he thought it was going to be much worse than everybody was predicting. New cases are already subsiding in China. And the US tends to handle diseases much better than China.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sneetches (Post 6004206)
Yeah I can't imagine why someone that wrote a book called "Deadliest Enemy: Our War Against Killer Germs" would proclaim that they were correct when a influenza appears that has quickly spread around the globe. I'm leaning towards the first part that after seeing what happened in Italy in such a short amount of time, maybe it should be taken more seriously.

Even that title is sensationalized. That's my point. Is it a killer germ? For a very, very few. It's not like it's causing a mass death though.