Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Dementia, WOW!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2020, 09:37 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Dementia, WOW!

So lately for the past few years i would go in and out of my brain.

Bare with me guy's i suck at writing and explaining shit.

Throughout the past few year's i would feel a certain way, never knew what or how i was feeling, JUST weird. So recently I've started to look more into it.
My wife would say and agree with what I'm explaining to her,she gets it and understands what and how I'm explaining myself.
So now it's time for an actual test ( BOOOOOO i hate the docs office)

It's scary cuz it feels like it's just getting worse, AND I'm SCARED as F__K.

That's probably why I'm forgetting and tripping out on all the threads I've started here.

Sorry guys.

45 and feeling like this,DAMN.

I'll won't be starting new threads anytime soon.

Thanks agian!
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2020, 11:20 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Dementia, WOW!

Take this for what it's worth. May be strange sounding but Research it.

Israeli Hospitals have been using THC Heavy Cannabis oil via a vaporizer to treat both Dementia and Alzheimer.

Had I known this in the early 2000's I would have had my grandmother smoking joints with me.

They have nearly 20 years of research doing this. And they are having AMAZING Results with it.

Just Search Isreal Cannabis Alzheimer Dementia

You will do better if you search google scholar and pub med.

I'm keeping you in my thoughts either way. But know, regardless of what the 'Experts' Tell you, Isreal is having amazing results using 'The Marihuanas' to treat and send home those in late stages of Dementia and Alzheimer's.

God Bless.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:55 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Sorry to hear it, yikes! Definitely go to the doc and get checked out... (if you can, given today's circumstances) finding out what's wrong is the first step!
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:13 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I often run into the same problems as i dont use the "smart" features to keep track of such things.
So when you dont subscribe to threads / channels it can get a mess, but it can be alleviated a bit by bookmarking in your browser.
Bookmarking is what i use for say youtube channels i would like to revisit, i dont use subscribe there as that would make it too easy for YouTube to make me their little ( female dog )

But i dont do the same on forums, so there things just fizz out.
But you can often set some notifications to get a MSG when something happen in a thread you are in too, i just cant deal with things like that just as i would have a lot of problems if i got like say 20 emails every day,,,, even if most of those emails went strait to spam and i can empty that folder with 1 - 2 clicks of the mouse.

Recently i also had some problems with a forum that every Sunday after midnight sent a mail for every thread i was in telling someone made a post there, that even ruined my already messed up sleep pattern, and getting that notification turned off wasent as easy as i would like to in the settings for that forum.
And when i sleep all sounds ASO on my phone are of course turned off, but the damn LCD do come on, and when you like me lie in bed for 8 - 12 hours not being able to fall asleep, something like that just add to the madness.
So my fix for that was simple, just put phone on bedside table with the LCD facing down.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:10 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Man, that sucks...how're we going to know about new stuff???

Joking aside, I can relate to how you feel. 5 years ago (at 51) I could rattle off performance stats of every dishwasher model we build. Now, I'm lucky to remember all the model numbers in production.

Worse, I booked a hotel room for this weekend on the Outer Banks. When I told my GF where we were staying she said she thought we said we weren't staying there again. Again...? I had no memory of being here...turns out it was two years ago. Its terrifying to feel like you're losing your edge.

Think I'll take Timmahh's advice and start getting high again...while I still remember how to roll.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 10:39 PM   #6

I'm 63 going on 80. It's a good thing I keep records of what I do at work. Problem is remembering to log in. Good thing is I can tell you my RC history like it was yesterday.
I do trailing with my 3yo grandson and that really grounds me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
drust1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 09:25 AM   #7

Good luck. Hopefully it's normal aging.

I've complained to doctors about my memory and they see nothing wrong with it. I've had about a dozen concussions and with the growing knowledge of CTE it scares me a bit.

I literally have been in a meeting at work that I have ZERO memory of. Two of the people in that meeting told me where I was sitting and what I said. Not a single light bulb went off. It's almost like I wasn't there, but apparently I was!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 10:21 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

There are walls put up that we never expect, some we can get over and beyond, some not. This is the ugly truth about aging.

I know you don't like doctor's offices, no sane person does, but there are some excellent treatments out now. The biggest thing is to find out what the options are and treatments. This will be something that has a treatable cause, and God willing, can be dealt with. In not, hopefully it is something that can at least be managed.

I good friend, Theresa, who is in hear late 70s has a good, but slight harsh mantra, "Getting old isn't for wimps."
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 03:01 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

I hope the tests turn out fine! If I were you, I would read about the effects of stress on memory. Don't read about dementia. Our brains often/always jump to worst case scenarios if we self-diagnose.
Stress can have so, so many effects on both mind and body. Impaired memory is one.
I had a short period in my adult life where I could not even describe or "know" my own emotions. I thought I was going nuts. It turned out to be a medical condition which is not dangerous at all. But I needed the doctor's help to sort it out.
Anyways, I hope you're doing fine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited by tjohanne; 05-30-2020 at 03:05 AM.
tjohanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 06:34 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmahh View Post
Israeli Hospitals have been using THC Heavy Cannabis oil via a vaporizer to treat both Dementia and Alzheimer.

They have nearly 20 years of research doing this. And they are having AMAZING Results with it.

Just Search Isreal Cannabis Alzheimer Dementia
Why on earth would you even bring up Alzheimer, a very, very serious condition now?
The worst thing one can do is to start self-medicate on cannabis on the *assumption* that one might have something like that.
This is completely irrelevant to his problem.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
tjohanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:26 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Man...... It sucks having STRESS..... Found out

But found out i have something STUPID

Thanks guys.....!
Old 02-28-2021, 09:14 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Just glad to have ya back, man...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 08:15 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Just glad to have ya back, man...
Thank you!

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Dementia, WOW! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
michael winslow... wow, just wow foproy Chit Chat 10 10-20-2011 10:46 PM
for anyone that plays WoW or thinks people screaming about WoW is funny clod booster Chit Chat 24 12-22-2006 11:14 AM