Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: If anyone can help me its you guys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2020, 06:20 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default If anyone can help me its you guys

My company has started doing parades and truck shows and other various events with one of our semis and we've had a couple banners made to hang on the truck. Problem is we need a way to attach them without damaging the banner or the trailer. We were thinking magnets but the trailer is aluminum skinned so thats out so now we're kinda stuck. Would a gopro style suction cup work ?or what ideas do you guys have? Only real stipulations are no damage to trailer or banner and it needs to stay on for parades(just the duration of the parade not to or from). Trailer is a basic 48ft long 13.6ft high van and the banners are professional vinyl with metal eyelets every I think 18inches. TIA
gooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2020, 07:53 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default If anyone can help me its you guys

Only way I can remember it working was ropes around lock bars, hinges and reefer up front we used two spools of rope, our banners were 30 x 6 , with grommets every foot

Ours was a stationary weekend display, drove around the track on a “parade “ laugh lap

Sorta what you’re doing
Hang up and Drive

Last edited by mikemcE; 12-20-2020 at 07:56 PM.
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 08:21 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: If anyone can help me its you guys

The magnets could work through the skin sheets of the trailer to the metal eyelets of the banner. The uprights inside are most likely steel, a strong magnet could hold onto one of those through the sheet. Sheets are only like .080” thick, I have small neodymium magnets that will hold each other through my hand. Rear frame is steel too.

If running a banner on both sides you could use rope up and over the top of roof and maybe staple the bottom of each banner to a 2x4 to keep them tight.

Add small hooks to the top rail, although it would be a permanent modification, it wouldn’t be damage, just put caulking on fastener you choose so it doesn’t leak.

Hand clamps to the top rail.

If you were local I’d offer my rivet removing and replacing skills, I work for Great Dane trailers lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
austin-92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 12:57 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

You have eyelets and a trailer. Just use bungee cords or rope.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 05:56 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

What's that banner weigh? Rope may be your best bet.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 06:52 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

May sound funny, but those 3M Command strip hooks with double sided tape work incredibly well. Since she's banned from hammers and nails, my wife hangs stuff up all over the house with them (Which gives me hives thinking the paint will peel off with the tape, but so far so good) and I'm frankly amazed at what they hold. I used to scoff, but they work very well. I now use a couple in the garage to hold various tools. All of our outdoor decorations are held on by them and I've never seen one fail. I'm sure the bigger ones will easily support a banner and when done, the tape peels right off.

Last edited by OSRC; 12-22-2020 at 06:56 AM.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 12:58 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
May sound funny, but those 3M Command strip hooks with double sided tape work incredibly well. Since she's banned from hammers and nails, my wife hangs stuff up all over the house with them (Which gives me hives thinking the paint will peel off with the tape, but so far so good) and I'm frankly amazed at what they hold. I used to scoff, but they work very well. I now use a couple in the garage to hold various tools. All of our outdoor decorations are held on by them and I've never seen one fail. I'm sure the bigger ones will easily support a banner and when done, the tape peels right off.
That doesnt sound that weird actually we use those all over at home too. May have to look into some.
Thats for the help everyone else next slowday we have we're gonna try some stuff
gooba is offline   Reply With Quote

If anyone can help me its you guys - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hey guys any of you nj guys in central jerseys mikemollic New Jersey 15 12-23-2019 06:56 AM
look at this you guys Koldham Tamiya XC/CC01 5 10-29-2013 03:30 PM
any computer guys? how bout bronco guys? Bronco Fetish Chit Chat 10 09-11-2006 05:48 PM