Slow is the new Fast

Default Are You This Guy?

Are you the guy she is talking about?

smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2021, 06:45 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Are You This Guy?

I kind of feel sorry for her, that does sound a bit grating especially the paint one.

I'm definitely not "that guy" at least I think I'm not, I'm only guilty of having a poorly groomed yard & course in the corner of my back yard.

EDIT: I think I'd have a different list and the first that comes to mind is

-Why are they 4 times the amount of tires than RC's?

I'm single so I dont have a list thats been rattled of to me... yet.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 01-10-2021 at 06:50 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 06:53 PM   #3
RCC Addict

No, I'm not that guy lol, I'm not allowed to paint in the house. I do kinda screw up the river rock garden and that irritates that crap out of the wife. I did have a bunch of boxes for a while, but came to my senses and used them for a bonfire one night and drank beer. I keep my yard pretty neat but occasionally shred some of it with the Traxxas UDR on 6s, wife hates that too . I don't do videos so don't have that problem. I gave up years ago talking to her about RC, she could care less but she gets it now cause I could care less about her curtains, pillows, and misc. household crap so it evens out and we're on the same page.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:16 PM   #4

I started watching it this morning, but it got annoying too quickly for me so I turned it off. At least she seems realistic judging from what I saw. She has complaints, but realizes that the guy loves RCs and she isn’t trying to stop him from doing it which is unlike a lot of relationships.

My girlfriend sometimes complains about RC’s and motorcycles in one way or another, but she knows they are huge parts of my life. Early on in our relationship she voiced her dislike, mostly due to fear, of my motorcycles. I made it known that they were in my life first and they weren’t going anywhere unless one day I decide to stop riding. And I told her if I was ever given an ultimatum I’d choose the motorcycles. Why? Because nobody that truly loves you will stop you from doing what you love.

That’s my Dr. Tim tip for the day.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:02 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

My wife also hated my motorcycles. Also concerned for my safety... I caved, and sold mine.... But then I turned around and spent all the money on RC cars, so I got that going for me which is nice
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:34 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Number 6, for sure. If the place we are going to might have rocks, we have three or five trucks with us.

Number 8 (sort of), I have a rock course in the very back of the property, but the rest of the yard is taken care of.

While I love a British accent on a woman, I don't know if I could listen to hers for very long.

Last edited by Greatscott; 01-10-2021 at 08:39 PM.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 09:08 PM   #7
Slow is the new Fast

she definitely has a grating tone. On the other hand, she seems impressively good natured with it all.

I thought the list pretty good. It's hard to imagine being the guy who consistently ticks all 10 boxes, but based on my girlfriends response, the list definitely captures the mold.

Personally I wouldn't dare drive an RC along with us while we were out on a walk. Not that I would want to, but I am even careful to turn the sound off on my phone when we are chatting and otherwise engaged.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 09:20 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

She complains about creating Youtube content more than she complains about RCs... but she's posting to Youtube
2wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 10:43 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Default Are You This Guy?

I think secretly she’s the one with the RC obsession.. or else why would she post a video standing in front of a wall of Classic Rc’s complaining of Rc’s. I want to see the track cut in the grass and the room full of boxes lol
But yea that voice and demeanor is like nails on a chalkboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 11:23 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I have a friend that almost got divorced of model building.
Wasn't out at bars drinking, cheating and home every night.
Judge dismissed Divorce hearings.
Still married for over 50yrs.
True story as he told me.
Zukiiholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 11:53 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Eh, I’m single. None of those worries here.
BJoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 04:32 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Very funny video and she actually acts like a true gem. She's obviously very accepting of her husband's obsession as she definitely isn't truly "complaining". I also didn't find her annoying at all... love her accent as well as her enthusiasm that kept the video moving along nicely. My wife found her to be charming as well.

When we bought our home Sept 2019, my wife told me that I'd finally have a yard to do anything that I wanted with... regarding crawling. All she wanted was to have a nice front yard so the back yard is all mine. She could care less about what I do in the house as it's usually either confined to my hobby room or the garage. And even if an RC project does happen to spill into the kitchen sink, the dining room table, or the living room, she's never fussed about it. She knows that I like to get projects cleaned up as quickly as possible so she really has no problem with anything that I do around the house. She understands that I don't want to overrun our home with all my hobby crap anyway so she has no complaints. She'll go out with me to run RC's if I ask her to but I think that's just because she likes the time that we spend together.. which I'm fine with. Otherwise she has no interest in the hobby. I also have a spare bedroom loaded up with tons of guitar cases and asst boxes but that doesn't bother her either as she and I both remain conscious to not allow the other areas of the house to become overrun with hobby stuff.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:15 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Pretty sure my RC life is at least top 3 reason I'm getting divorced. New girlfriend thinks they're crazy and her 12 year old son loves them. When I get back to work I'll buy him one and teach him how to wrench on it.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:28 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Nope.

Complaint #1
I’m guy that just has a 1/10 rc sitting on my back seat of my truck, I might not use it the entire week. So I get a why do you need this in here?

Complaint #2
Why is the your hobby room across from the master bedroom?

Complaint #3
When are you going to finish that shiny one? (FLM savage).
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 12:58 PM   #15
Donkey Punch Champion!

This would be a great option for Harley to have his wife do.

She would share her knowledge of Helicopter Anchors.

^^^^^treasure hunt, what am I talking about?
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote

Are You This Guy? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fat guy in some spandex shorts. Fat guy in some spandex shorts. for cystic fibrosis 2k2wranglerx Chit Chat 2 08-27-2018 08:29 PM
New guy guy here need helping choosing crawler Qcustomz Newbie General 10 09-23-2012 10:27 AM
What's a guy got to do? hill834 Newbie General 9 04-19-2012 12:48 PM
r/c guy not computer guy. roscoeisthecool Comments, Suggestions, and Help 72 03-14-2010 01:09 PM