Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Was RCC Down?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2024, 07:05 PM   #1
Slow is the new Fast

Default Was RCC Down?

Haven't been able to get on the site for a bit. Was the site down?

Sent from my SM-G990W using Tapatalk
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2024, 07:06 PM   #2
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: Was RCC Down?

Yes and not sure why. I was worried!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 07:23 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

It was the same for me. I suspected it was finally over for RCC. I'm glad to see that it's apparently not.
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 07:51 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Yeah same here. Couldn't get in for about a day. Thought it was all over.
Ballistic17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 08:18 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

at one point I got a message saying the site was down for maintenance
lol $ure
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 10:27 PM   #6
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
at one point I got a message saying the site was down for maintenance
lol $ure
It was getting resuscitated.

Down but not out! Glad we are back in business.

Old 01-17-2024, 10:55 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

It's coming. Not being a negative Nancy. However, its inevitable with the rise of the RTR, Facebook became the go to place for life answers and all crawler related stuff.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 05:23 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Ive not been able to get on here since monday. I was beginnin to fear the worst myself. They need to either, sell it to someone who cares or update it so it works for us. If not, eventually, we'll all have to migrate to another site or start a new one. I dont do fb, n even if i did, its not the best place for a build thread

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 05:26 AM   #9

Yes, it was down. It was also down on Monday for me. Not sure what happened, but I texted 1BadJeepBruiser both times. I'm just glad it's back.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 06:59 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

To be honest, I was panicking a little
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 07:15 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Where do you suppose most people that used this forum regularly in the past are going instead? Facebook and Instagram? I understand network effects and you're naturally gonna gravitate to where the most people are, but those platforms are just so inferior for documenting/following detailed builds compared to forums.

There are some excellent YouTube channels I follow that come close, but I don't make videos so if I want to share a build myself it's forums or nothing for me. I imagine there are a lot of guys in the same boat (who don't make videos) so it's hard to believe that they would all walk away from forums. Yet here we are.
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 07:26 AM   #12
Slow is the new Fast

I must say, I feared the worse myself. It sounds dramatic, but it was like someone in my life unexpectedly died...lol

It's now been over 10 years since I started using the site. I couldn't begin to figure out how to find comparable info on a social media style platform. To me those sites don't look in any way organized for the RC hobbyist. So I simply don't get the allure. How does one find specific information on a topic at these places?

Old 01-18-2024, 08:31 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

glad this place is back but i know its coming, hopefully not in the near but ultimately will happen. Its definitely going to be a shame the day that all this information and entertainment becomes inaccessible. The way in which the post and information flows in the here (most forums) is not the same as the other platforms TBH.
Speedy-Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 08:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooOldForThis View Post
Where do you suppose most people that used this forum regularly in the past are going instead? Facebook and Instagram? I understand network effects and you're naturally gonna gravitate to where the most people are, but those platforms are just so inferior for documenting/following detailed builds compared to forums.

There are some excellent YouTube channels I follow that come close, but I don't make videos so if I want to share a build myself it's forums or nothing for me. I imagine there are a lot of guys in the same boat (who don't make videos) so it's hard to believe that they would all walk away from forums. Yet here we are.
I think this is the kind of hobby that is only temporary for most people. Some have outgrown it and no longer participate in RC. The rest have moved to worse platforms like Facebook and Reddit. I say worse because searching sucks, archival information doesn't always remain, and you have to dig through at least twice as many braindead comments to find answers you are seeking. The group that remains active on RCC is great except for a few outliers. On Facebook and Reddit, you have a few intelligent people mixed in with a bunch of clowns.
Old 01-18-2024, 10:23 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I've been spending more time on Instagram lately, but only because the people I crawl with are on there. I use it more as a chat app nowadays if anything. I was really into posting videos reels there for a while too, but lately I've been kind of burnt out on it.

It was hard for me keep up with all the different community formats. Posting on Youtube is manageable for me, because I don't really care about editing for looks as much, but man Instagram was a huge time suck, taking away time from me being able to keep up with the forums and other stuff. I've decided that it's too much of a time suck for me to keep posting so often, so I cut back on it and only post every so often now.

I think the last build thread I posted on here was the Pirate wagon. I'm not sure if I'll ever get back to doing those, as I don't have as much time as I used to, but I'll try to post some of the recent builds I've done since that rig. I have all the pictures, I just need to remember exactly what it is I did while taking those pictures.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 10:41 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I've been spending more time on Instagram lately, but only because the people I crawl with are on there. I use it more as a chat app nowadays if anything. I was really into posting videos reels there for a while too, but lately I've been kind of burnt out on it.

It was hard for me keep up with all the different community formats. Posting on Youtube is manageable for me, because I don't really care about editing for looks as much, but man Instagram was a huge time suck, taking away time from me being able to keep up with the forums and other stuff. I've decided that it's too much of a time suck for me to keep posting so often, so I cut back on it and only post every so often now.

I think the last build thread I posted on here was the Pirate wagon. I'm not sure if I'll ever get back to doing those, as I don't have as much time as I used to, but I'll try to post some of the recent builds I've done since that rig. I have all the pictures, I just need to remember exactly what it is I did while taking those pictures.
I could never get too into Instagram. It's just a photo roll really. Sure you can chat, but it's definitely not a forum nor can you find great information. Good thing I don't love Instagram because those morons decided I didn't own the page and it has since vanished. Don't believe me? Try going to the link in my signature. I am not sure if hackers were involved or not, but hackers usually convert the page to their own agenda.
Old 01-18-2024, 11:18 AM   #17
RCC Addict

I thought the site was done. I was sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooOldForThis View Post

Facebook. Seems like its killing a lot of forums due to the convenience of it. Open app, ask dumb question, get response. I like forums more because its easier to find what you're looking for, especially if it is an older post. FB's search sucks.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 03:24 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Myself n twade were talkin about this the other night. If rcc goes down, the only two options worth a go is either start a new forum, or jump over to SBG. Either way, we lose everything we have here. So much info n so many awesome members/family here. Ive only talked to majority of yall on here, some have my number, but still consider yall as family.

I really hate seein this place goin down hill like it is. Ive only been here for 6 yrs now, give or take, n ive learned ALOT from everybody n still learnin new things today. Fingers crossed, things change for the better around here

indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 06:08 PM   #19
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Myself n twade were talkin about this the other night. If rcc goes down, the only two options worth a go is either start a new forum, or jump over to SBG. Either way, we lose everything we have here. So much info n so many awesome members/family here. Ive only talked to majority of yall on here, some have my number, but still consider yall as family.

I really hate seein this place goin down hill like it is. Ive only been here for 6 yrs now, give or take, n ive learned ALOT from everybody n still learnin new things today. Fingers crossed, things change for the better around here

Sadly the owner appears to neither want to give up the keys nor wants to renovate the place.

Old 01-18-2024, 06:28 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
The group that remains active on RCC is great except for a few outliers.
Hey! I resemble that remark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Sadly the owner appears to neither want to give up the keys nor wants to renovate the place.
^^^ This. Sadly.

I may not post much.Ya'll are way smarter/knowledable than me but, this is the first place I stop EVERYDAY. Hell, I haven't even driven an RC in over a year. I just enjoy the place.

Last edited by Sniper4370; 01-18-2024 at 06:31 PM.
Sniper4370 is offline   Reply With Quote

Was RCC Down? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To all on RCC.COM The Misfit California 8 03-13-2012 11:03 AM
Thanks to RCC and everyone on here!!! longviewskyline Chit Chat 3 12-13-2010 07:14 PM
Please help with new RCC look txrenegade Chit Chat 3 04-14-2009 02:24 PM
Happy Birthday RCC - RCC Crawl before you walk T-Shirt giveaway! badger Chit Chat 399 01-22-2009 07:14 PM
Happy Birthday RCC - RCC olive drab "army" T-Shirt giveaway! badger General Crawlers 367 01-22-2009 07:01 PM