Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Best way to make a tube chassis?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2015, 12:54 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Best way to make a tube chassis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLIE WILL View Post
Excuse me if I sound stupid but what kind of tubing do you all use and what's the best place to buy it is something that the local stores would carry. I'm new to this and wanted to build a truggy like member jmz6 built but don't know where to start. Does it come in different thickness and does it come in a roll or as long rods.

It generally comes in straight lengths, you can buy a roll but then you have to straighten it (not recommended). Your best place to get tube without ordering it online is an auto supply. There are two common sizes, ask to look through the brake line rack to see what you want. If you want to try solid rod check HomeDepot/Lowes, solid adds more,weight but may be easier to weld if you are not used to welding small diameter tube. Of course there are places to buy it online if you want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jmz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2015, 01:50 PM   #22

Default Re: Best way to make a tube chassis?

nice work there guys thinking about doing this my self and make a cage for our tmaxx's and losi crawlers yes brake tubing would work good don't think I will try the solder thing seems to week but then again I can tig ! my question is how and what you guys are doing to bend the tubing ? some of the bends look tight. where a hand tubing bender will not bend that tight. just looking for ideas from some that have done this before I bend up and waste tube trying different things ! thanks
wildbill13 is offline   Reply With Quote