Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: What's the Problem?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2005, 04:49 PM   #1
Colt Python/SR9c

Default What's the Problem?

Not sure what's going on lately, but everytime I look in a post someone is crying or griping because of people getting flamed.The main reasons that people get flamed is because they either didn't search,posted in the wrong section,just posted some stupid crap that doesn't belong in TECH, pad posting, nothing but one liner replies( pad posting also),or just acting like a total jackass and not having any respect for this board.

The reason you have seen alot of flaming is because of those reasons mostly.Most of the time you get a warning not to do it again and we usually let it slide because your a Newbie, but we have seen on numerous occasions that those same people turn around and do it again. I mean come on, how damn stupid can one be? For the people that do search( yes i know it can be a P.I.T.A) that just gives them more garbage to search through to find thier answer.Nobody wants to go through 1,000 posts to find an answer about " what glue works best on cutting and shutting a tire" when they have to search through 999 posts of people asking" what tires would be best on my crawler"..if you searched, you would have more than likely found your answer and it depends on your terrain.We also get alot of the rookies just popping their mouth open in situations that they had no reason to even open it.( You people know who you are) You people just need to shut it and stay out if it does not concern you. all you are doing is adding fuel to the fire and that will just cause you to get into trouble.We will not put up with it.

Also, as to this star situation- there is a green star,blue star,gold star and red star. Just because you have a star DOES NOT mean you get special treatment.everyone for the most part is treated equal on this board. you have a clean slate when you come onto this board and if you start screwing up, we remember

Green star is for supporting members that have paid their $20.they get to upload pics,avatars,titles,etc.

Blue star is for Vendors that support this site.They get the same things as a green star holder, but can post their products in the Vendor section.Please try and buy products from these Vendors because they do have some kick-ass products and they support this site aswell.Blue star holders also have the option to get thier own room on this board.

NOTE-IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A BLUE STAR,YOU CAN'T PIMP THE STUFF YOU SELL

Gold stars are for Green star holders that want to upgrade.

Red stars are for the Mods of this forum

Anyway,

If people would use common sense on this board and maybe just took an extra step before they posted, things would run more smoothly. Now i'm not saying to not post, but just quit posting the same damn question over and over and over. It's the same question although you may have just worded it different. We are not here just fight with each other,but to learn from each other. but if things can't work smoothly, then everything is in an uproar. It's also hard to tell when someone is joking or just plain out being a smartass on the board.They may put a smiley face behind it to show they are joking, but sometimes you can still see they are getting at ya. if you guys/girls don't have anything good to say in the TECH section, please do not even post. If you can try and help that person, go all for it. There just has been alot more worthless posts in the Tech section and there is no reason for them to be in there. So if you can't help the person, move on to another post. If you did, you will not have so many one liner cracks that someone will take the wrong way and get pissed because they are having a bad day and just took it the wrong way- even if it was a joke

We welcome all newbies to this site, no matter what their age.I have seen a few 14-15 yr olds that know what they are talking about and I have seen a lot that just talk out thier ass and they just don't know when to STFU.That is when we have to pounce on them.We don't always like to do it, but if we didn't this board would turn into one big gigantic cluster**** and everyone would leave the board.We all know this board has the most traffic,most members,most info,etc. then all other crawling boards. so we all need to act in a way that shows others we are the leaders in this sport/hobby.

So i'm done writing, my fingers are tired. I have probably also forgot to mention a few other things, but owell
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2005, 05:13 PM   #2
MODERATOR™

I'm not the most posting user, nor am I too popular, but I agree with Jeremy 100%.

Tech is for tech, not post whoring, and having to sift through "chit chat" replies to get the info we are looking for is time consuming.
I know I understand Jeremy's frustrations, and understand his request.

It's an attempt to make the best crawler site even better.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 05:23 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Couldn't agree more myself. This hobby is growing exponentially, but the IQ of people coming in seems to be dropping at the same exponential rate. I'm tired of seeing the same question asked 3 times with slightly different wording in one week. If you're a noob, don't post the first few days, instead, spend that time searching, reading old threads, etc...

Oh, and don't freaking PM people with really vague questions, ie:

"How can I make a TXT a crawler? I only have one battery pack and 3 emaxx shocks, what else do I need to make my TXT a super crawler?"

Again, search, search, search, search, and if you find something in a post that you need clarification on, ask in that thread, not in an entirely new one.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 12:38 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

And if you're new, please refrain from saying things like this, for at least the first few days:

Well well well, look what got delivered to my home today.

at least until you realize what the person is trying to do with the truck.
Vitamin_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:27 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

thanks for using me as a bad example..lol jk . sorry
rcbif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:12 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

My parents "learned" something into me at an early age, and I still try to live by it 30 years later. "If you haven't got anything useful/helpful to say, shut up!"

I also know how to use the search button, just don't always have the time to do so fully.

Jeff
snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 08:59 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

I'm a newbie and I agree with you guys tottally It is pain to search through a bunch of crap just to find what you need It would be alot nicer that when I searched for info on moabs or something like that I don't get the same whats tire better or something like that thats been asked a ton of times Even though I am a newbie I still Have been Looking at this site for probbaly close to a year or so and just know registered. I have learned just about every thing that I know about RC Crawling ( which is very little compared to Some of the other guys that have been around alot longer then me) to this site. I don't see why people get up set that when they aske a queston that every one knows has been asked before people get on them What do they expect? Even the "old timmers" get harrased some of the time there countless times that i have heard people joke about someones driving skills or some thing like that now granted they probably know each other. Some one is always going to be there to harrase you it is a part of life and if you can't take a joke then you ned to lighten up this is all for fun and part of having fun is jokeing around.
boner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:53 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

well said
rcbif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 02:04 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Fo sheezy my neezy
AdamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 02:19 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Default Lol

Place Post Padding here [ ]!
JakeTheAlligatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 02:25 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Default No but seriously....

Have any Non-Noobs had any trouble with that ****in "Search Button"? I know that since the "BIG MOVE" I've had a few problem searches. A few times I would not have found what I was looking for if I had not been there when it happened and knew exactly what I was searching for. Even if what I was searching for was "STUPID".
Old 03-21-2005, 03:14 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

i got flamed a little bit with a post on WD-40 in "Tires and Wheels", but i defended myself, and i guess it was good enough because now the post appears to be deleted.

searching = pain in the ass fo sho
Vitamin_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 03:19 PM   #13
Colt Python/SR9c

yes some things just didn't happen to come over from the old site for some reason. but that's no excuse not to search.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:51 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
yes some things just didn't happen to come over from the old site for some reason. but that's no excuse not to search.
Thanks for concurring, and theres definitliy no excuse to "not search". My point is that "Sometimes you go to search for something and it just doesn't come up". It just seems to me that accusing someone of "not searching" is a pretty strong accusation, considering the "Search Button" has been known to SUCK ASS, from time to time. I also don't think you can consider any "Snappy Reply" to a Post that contains the words "Flame away" as post padding. On another note: think about poor bigred, I bet he can't find shit with that spelling of his
Old 03-21-2005, 04:01 PM   #15
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeTheAlligatorMan
On another note: think about poor bigred, I bet he can't find shit with that spelling of his

...and the "Post of the Day" award goes to...

JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 04:11 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Thumbs up Oh yeah!

TC What's up with that BadAss new Rig? You gonna do a write up on that thing or what? I want to see more.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:47 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Default I do search and search is the problem!

Search sucks! I tried to search for the best shock oil to use and got 500 threads! I tried to find that extensive post about pinion gearing and axle stall, but NADA!

I am sure if I post about what is the best shock oil to use I will get flamed with a "try the searh button you idiot" response! so I will not bother, I will just figure it out the hard way because there is no way in hell I am going to read through 500 posts to get the stupid answer!

So twistedcreations thats my problem!

If you see a post by me you can assume I did use search first and just move on to the damn answer! In the same amount of words or less than the post that started this thread you could have answered 20 newbie questions and saved us all a bunch of time!

Last edited by a_vdk; 03-21-2005 at 11:54 PM.
a_vdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:58 PM   #18
2006 2.2 National Champ

These are the rules of the forum!!! If you're too lazy to refine your search terms, then ask in "NEWBIE". It's that simple!!
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 09:47 AM   #19
RCC Addict

The search doesn't suck. You just have to know how to use it.

I bet when you searched for shock oil you simply put in shock oil in the search. That way, it will look for any thread that has either shock or oil in it.

What you need to do is put parenthesis around your search terms like this "shock oil" that way, it will search for threads with BOTH shock and oil in the same thread. I came up with some good information using parenthesis. Here are just a few

Typed in clod axle stall and found these, is this what you were looking for?

Also, if you find a thread that is a few pages long and you dont want to read every page just to find the word your looking for, look at the top of the thread for the "search this thread" button and you can search only that thread for the info your looking for.

Last edited by AdamF; 03-22-2005 at 09:50 AM.
AdamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:33 AM   #20
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_vdk
Search sucks! I tried to search for the best shock oil to use and got 500 threads! I tried to find that extensive post about pinion gearing and axle stall, but NADA!
You need to try different terms as adam suggested,. not just put in shock oil and say " hey, i searched"

Quote:
I am sure if I post about what is the best shock oil to use I will get flamed with a "try the searh button you idiot" response! so I will not bother, I will just figure it out the hard way because there is no way in hell I am going to read through 500 posts to get the stupid answer!

So twistedcreations thats my problem!
well you probably will, but if you can't take a little flaming, then stay in the newbie section. Not everyone posts in General all the time. I have even asked some questions in the Newbie Section because there was no real section to put it in.People use anywhere from 40wt. engine oil up to 90wt. gear oil. but noone really tells what brand

Quote:
If you see a post by me you can assume I did use search first and just move on to the damn answer! In the same amount of words or less than the post that started this thread you could have answered 20 newbie questions and saved us all a bunch of time!
assumtions are the mother of all ****ups but as mentioned earlier, you may have only put in one search term and said " hell with this, i'm just gonna post up" because maybe your too lazy to search, so move onto the damn answer

as for saving your time, i didn't tell you to click on this link did I? nor did i even ask you to reply to it.I am just stating simple rules of this board.If you don't follow them, be prepared to be flamed on. Then if you don't like that, stay in the newbie section.It's pretty simple.