Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Found my new spot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2007, 01:26 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Found my new spot

WARNING: Crappy cell pictures ahead!

Well, decided to go out and look for a new spot since my regular testing spot is just piles of rock and loose dirt put there by the construction company, not really great crawling.

One wrong move and you or your truck is going for about a 500 foot drop. This is on top of a waterfall at the local mountain range here in Sierra Vista, AZ, called Carr Canyon, this place is about 3/4 of the way up to the top of the road. Very high up there, and people have been killed messing around up there so much that they put a fence and sign up to warn people about playing in the area. It is especially dangerous when the watefall is flowing and the rocks are all wet.

Here's the sign and a look through the fence over the waterfall, it was dry and usually is unless it's monsoon season or during winter when the peaks get snow and it starts to melt. Notice the road at the bottom, this is the road going up Carr Canyon.

The next 3 pictures are looking up and across the canyon, sheer rock faces all around, and trees on top, really awesome views up here.

These 3 are looking down over the edge, you can see the road coming up in these picture also. Just over that edge is pretty much straight down, close to 500 feet if I remember right...I wouldn't want to roll the truck down that one .

And here's the trail leading out to the area, really nice place to crawl, lots of different rock types and climbs and the parking for the area is pretty much right behind where I was standing. About 20 feet to the rocks from the parking.

I'll definately be going back up there, there's alot of things to try out up there and at the very bottom of the road(where the dirt road meets the pavement) there's another spot that needs more exploring. I'm taking the wifes digi cam next time so I can show more of the area and give it the proper showing-off that it deserves....alot of people won't believe that you can find these type of views in southern Arizona.
joemomma95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2007, 03:02 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

sweet place.
crawlin with a view .
RockRacer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:23 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

looks great. i want to go next time. thats between sierra vista and herford, right? like out past the mall?
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:37 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigels_world View Post
looks great. i want to go next time. thats between sierra vista and herford, right? like out past the mall?
Ya, out towards hereford from SV. You'll have to get your truck put together so we can go.
joemomma95 is offline   Reply With Quote