Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Arizona Radio Control Rock Crawler Association

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2007, 09:44 AM   #41
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
see his number of posts? He has no clue how it all works. and Im sure a third club for AZ wont happen any time soon, Im sure the new clubs have to be approved by the powers to be
Lol I know, I have like no posts.... I am pretty new to the crawler seen because I just finished my crawler in like march. I havent even been to a get together with other crawlers. And your right, i really dont know much of how it all works.
Crawlerdude75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2007, 09:58 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlerdude75 View Post
Lol I know, I have like no posts.... I am pretty new to the crawler seen because I just finished my crawler in like march. I havent even been to a get together with other crawlers. And your right, i really dont know much of how it all works.

LOL thats where we all started. again neat site and welcome to the FRAY!
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:58 AM   #43
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
I think you are wrong, there is easily enough room to run 100 drivers in each class. With the correct organization. and maybe make it a 3 day event instead of 2
Pay attention here. Like I said

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57
Having a ton of clubs would be bad if all you have is 1 national event. There just ain't enough room,IMHO,for that many drivers at one single event.
Like it's been brought up several times in this thread. To many clubs gets to many invites needed to accomodate everyone. If clubs keep popping up everywhere,like they have been,and we have states with 3,4,5,6 and more clubs,the nationals could easily become a 2-3 hundred driver deal......or need to be to accomodate everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwerks
I can also see in a few years, having qualifying for nationals in 6 divisions and having the qualifiers 2 months apart from the nationals and top 8 from each going to nationals.

Northwest
Southwest
Upper midwest
Lower midwest
Northeast
Southest

One thing it also does is give the guys where the Semi's are happening will have big advantage to making it to Nationals

So,you've got the same ideas then that having semi finals before the nationals and using them to qualify for the national event?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57
Have a 6-10 comp season with your local club. Then,the top 6-10 drivers from each class can or have the option to go to the semi finals. There could be 3 or maybe even 4 regions throughout the country,each region would have it's own semi final. Having 4 regions might be the best I think,just quater the country and it's done. Then,the top 5 drivers from each class at the semi finals move on to the nationals.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:02 AM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlerdude75 View Post

So let me ask you this.... Why if you are so new to this, why would you go out and start an "Association" if you did no research? It's not a personal attack, just wondering.

When I started ORCRC back in 2003 I researched for a couple months to see if there were any other groups/clubs that were already started... I came up empty. So with that knowledge I started the process of building the group, which is now a paid membership club.

The key to this world of RC's is research. If you do no research, it'll show. As I've mentioned on RCC countless times in the past few years..... "Treat RCC like a research paper". Before you do something, research it. If you can't find it, ask for help. But when asking for help, be clear and make your post show that you have researched your topic so we won't send you on a wild goose chase. Most of us on RCC are quite knowledgeable in more subjects than just these "toys".
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:04 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57 View Post
Pay attention here. Like I said

Like it's been brought up several times in this thread. To many clubs gets to many invites needed to accomodate everyone. If clubs keep popping up everywhere,like they have been,and we have states with 3,4,5,6 and more clubs,the nationals could easily become a 2-3 hundred driver deal......or need to be to accomodate everyone.

So,you've got the same ideas then that having semi finals before the nationals and using them to qualify for the national event?
I am agreeing with you in part, it will be several years before the need to qualifiers, you can do 100 drivers per class in about a 10 hour day including some down time and tech
Old 07-07-2007, 04:53 PM   #46
Dirt Addict

Location: Stumblin' thru the parking lot of an invisible 7-Eleven

Nice start on a web site.

When I first saw this post I thought it was a revival of the ARRCO (Arizona Radio-controlled Rock Crawling Organization).

Jay
roktoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:25 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by roktoy View Post
Nice start on a web site.

When I first saw this post I thought it was a revival of the ARRCO (Arizona Radio-controlled Rock Crawling Organization).

Jay

That's what I was thinking it was too....
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 08:42 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Quote:
I can also see in a few years, having qualifying for nationals in 6 divisions and having the qualifiers 2 months apart from the nationals and top 8 from each going to nationals.

Northwest
Southwest
Upper midwest
Lower midwest
Northeast
Southest

One thing it also does is give the guys where the Semi's are happening will have big advantage to making it to Nationals
By having the 6 divisions the way you have it . What division would I be in ? I live in the middle of California -- 2+ hrs. to go to a Nor-Cal comp--10.5+ hrs. to go to a Oregon comp-- 4+hrs to Reno--7+ to So-Cal

The way you have it people will run out money before the Nationals
drumbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:07 AM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumbeater View Post
By having the 6 divisions the way you have it . What division would I be in ? I live in the middle of California -- 2+ hrs. to go to a Nor-Cal comp--10.5+ hrs. to go to a Oregon comp-- 4+hrs to Reno--7+ to So-Cal

The way you have it people will run out money before the Nationals
you would qualify for the semi finals where ever you compete now, the top drivers from each club then would compete in a semi final round in one of the 6 semifinal areas to qualify for nationals