Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Racoons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2007, 12:51 AM   #1

Default Racoons

Anyone got any ways to get rid of raccoons? Right now i just chuck a few rocks and hope to hit them. Want to get them away from our trash+ pets.

Guns are out of the question unfournatly live in a town were you can get fined for firing a gun
RCCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2007, 03:03 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCalifornia View Post
Anyone got any ways to get rid of raccoons? Right now i just chuck a few rocks and hope to hit them. Want to get them away from our trash+ pets.

Guns are out of the question unfournatly live in a town were you can get fined for firing a gun
get a nice pellet gun from wal-mart! and start the bbq shoot one hopefully it stuns him then grab him and toss em on the bbq till its dead wont come back then!

no though really just google (how to get rid of raccoons) is it that hard for you!?
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:21 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

dont get one from walmart, the coons would fall laughing at that POS, go to Basspro or cabelas and get somthing that fires over 1000 fps and get some predator pellets... trust me i got one the other night
savageracer312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:44 AM   #4
RCC Addict

get a pet cougar!!!
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:47 AM   #5
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ANTIFREEZE
chip cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:31 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Trap it!

Then release it somewhere far from home...
(Taking it 5-10 miles from where it lives, could be the cruelest thing you could do to it...)
raytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:36 AM   #7
MODERHATER™

I got an idea Don't leave your trash outside, they are just trying to live, if they don't have a reason to come to your house, they won't. I live in the mountains, we have bears, coons, skunks, elk, deer, etc... if you leave your trash out for them to create a problem, they will come and you will be fined. Learn to adapt to your surroundings, not make your surrounding adapt to you.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:17 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu_by_rc View Post
get a nice pellet gun from wal-mart! and start the bbq shoot one hopefully it stuns him then grab him and toss em on the bbq till its dead wont come back then!

no though really just google (how to get rid of raccoons) is it that hard for you!?

Yea everything on the net works!!!!!!! Cmon its easier to ask and find what works than spend hours on BS that dont....
Rok_Dok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:39 AM   #9
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I got an idea Don't leave your trash outside, they are just trying to live, if they don't have a reason to come to your house, they won't. I live in the mountains, we have bears, coons, skunks, elk, deer, etc... if you leave your trash out for them to create a problem, they will come and you will be fined. Learn to adapt to your surroundings, not make your surrounding adapt to you.
YEA What he said,I agree.I have the same thing living around my house too,but I don't give them a reason to come around.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:43 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:

where there is 1 there will be more.
Gimbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:54 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
'coons......
The hell you call me?

I agree too.Lock up your trash and keep it out of the open.Those guys are just trying to get their grub on.They're pretty smart critters,I've seen them pick up boxes and shake it to see if there was anything in it!
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:34 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Sorry to hear that I hate Raccoons the old one are friggin mean and destructive. Can you call the city, here in Minnesota some cities will trap and relocate them.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:47 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
X2^^^!!!!!!!

All you city folks need to realize that you probably invaded their homes, and now they are trying to survive. Is it that big of a deal to leave your trash can in the garage or something until the trash guy comes? Or maybe get a little gated area for it.
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:51 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal crawler View Post
X2^^^!!!!!!!

All you city folks need to realize that you probably invaded their homes, and now they are trying to survive. Is it that big of a deal to leave your trash can in the garage or something until the trash guy comes? Or maybe get a little gated area for it.
the way i think of it is.. if you irritate an animal then they will attack you. if an animal irritates a human then we should have the right to attack the animal. just my 2 cents
theshimonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:04 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

You're in Santa Cruz, there will always be racoons everywhere. My cousins who live in SC as well had the same problem. Put the trash cans inside the garage and no more racoons.
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote