Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Baking/Cooking?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2007, 09:40 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Baking/Cooking?

Does anybody else bake or cook? I do (by hobby). If so, post up some of your fav. recipes. Here's one for cheesecake that I got from Good Eats, on the Food Network.

Cheese cake recipe
Ingredients- Philadelphia Cream cheese-20 Oz., vanilla extract-1 tsp, sour cream-1.25 cups, eggs-3, egg yolks-2, almond extract-1 tsp., heavy cream-1/3 cup, sugar-1 cup. Crust-graham crackers-33 squares, butter- 1 stick.

Use 1-piece round pan. Put parchment paper around the inner edge of the pan; brush with melted butter. Crust-crush 33 squares in bag by hand, put 2/3 of crackers into 1 stick of melted butter. Add 1 Tbsp of sugar to mixture, put in oven for 10 minutes.
Filling-mix sour cream by itself for a few seconds on med.-high(about 20 seconds). Add 20 Oz. cream cheese, and 1 cup of sugar. Start mixing at low speed, then increase. In a separate container, mix 1/3 cup heavy cream, 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract, 3 eggs, 2 egg whites, (if using medium-sized eggs, add 1 extra white). Stop blender, scrape edges of bowl, mix again on medium, slowly add egg mixture, increase speed, add remainder of liquid, reduce oven temp. to 250 F., remove crust, allow to cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, bring 2 Quarts of water to boil. Add mixture to pan, shake slightly to remove bubbles, get larger roasting pan, put in oven, put towel in pan, pour water in pan, covering the towel. Fill to 2/3 height of pan-walls. Put in oven, check 1 hour later. If cake doesn’t cook properly, turn oven off, open door for 1 minute, close door, and leave cake in oven for one more hour. Remove cake, put it in the refrigerator for 6 hours. Remove, place pan in very hot water, remove, put on a wax paper sheet, then flip. Use a long, thin knife, after heating it in hot water for a short while.
john alardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2007, 09:45 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

50% kraft smooth peanut butter, 50% PURE MILK CHOCOLATE chips, (hershey etc. quality chips and not semi sweet either)

melt together and stir very well. poor over cookie sheet or into mini cup cake like paper cups. your very own reese peanut butter cup chocolate
Abednego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:50 PM   #3
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abednego View Post
50% kraft smooth peanut butter, 50% PURE MILK CHOCOLATE chips, (hershey etc. quality chips and not semi sweet either)

melt together and stir very well. poor over cookie sheet or into mini cup cake like paper cups. your very own reese peanut butter cup chocolate
take the liquid peanut/chocolate concoction and pour it over a big ziplock bag full of wheat checks and top off with a hand full of powdered sugar and shack well before it solidifies.... mmmmmm good
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:53 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

hmmm, just not the powdered sugar part, lol that makes it gross. its good how it is, everything else defeats its purpose. i tried with semi sweet chips and powdered sugar to make up for it. not a chance. doesnt work
Old 09-03-2007, 10:02 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I don't normally bake from scratch, but I'll occasionally bake some boxed muffins. I usually eat half of them before they're even cool
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:04 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

cause the butter melts better eh?!?!?
Old 09-03-2007, 10:05 PM   #7
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abednego View Post
hmmm, just not the powdered sugar part, lol that makes it gross. its good how it is, everything else defeats its purpose. i tried with semi sweet chips and powdered sugar to make up for it. not a chance. doesnt work
gotta add the sugar after its all mixed to keep the mix from sticking to you're fingers
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:09 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

forgot to add, you poor it on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper then you freeze it! and cut of junks as you want some. it never freezes hard for a long time and if its quality, it will melt like nothing
Old 09-03-2007, 10:11 PM   #9
RCC Addict

That chocolate/peanut butter cereal stuff you guys are talking about is called "Puppy Chow" alot of the time. My mom used to make it.
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:15 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

yeah, i just do the chocolate part. to make reese chocolate like the peanut butter cups. these guys added the ceral part which i should try
Old 09-03-2007, 10:17 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

im off to bed before i get to hungry lol see ya
Old 09-04-2007, 01:46 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
take the liquid peanut/chocolate concoction and pour it over a big ziplock bag full of wheat checks and top off with a hand full of powdered sugar and shack well before it solidifies.... mmmmmm good
their called muddy buddies and they are the shizzzz nit my h0mi3
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote