Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Hawaii

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2007, 12:16 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Hawaii

hey guys, I'm getting ready to book my honeymoon at turtle bay in Hawaii and wanted to know if anybody had any experience with that resort. or if yall had any other suggestions for where to stay and what to do while we're there. I've been to Oahu 2 years ago and did all the tourist things so this trip is gonna be more about just relaxing and enjoying the island. i wanted to stay out of Waikiki if posible. the last time i was there i stayed with friends in Kaneohe and loved it. i've already been told that the crawler is not going with me so that's out of the question.

well, any ideas? we should be there Dec 9-14.
bondt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2007, 12:46 PM   #2
06 Super National Champ

The Turtle Bay Hilton?

Nice place when I was there in '97.

You could always go to Maui or the Big Island instead of Oahu. Go fly over the active volcanoes and such.

By going to Oahu you pretty much force yourself to deal with Honolulu. Other islands aren't near as bad with population.

Last edited by JasonInAugusta; 10-23-2007 at 12:49 PM.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:00 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I would try and hit up the BI...Of course im partial to it because thats my home island but its beautiful!!...check put my town called Waimea!...Litttle country town that makes you feel great!..
AIPOHAKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:21 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

thanks for the quick replies. do you have any suggestions for hotels/resorts to look at if i stayed on Maui or the big island?
bondt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:14 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Former Maui boy myself, so kinda biased there.

There are alot of options out there, it depends on the kind vacation your looking for. Do plan on driving around or do you want to stay in place.

If you want everything right there a resort like the Hilton Waikaloa on the Big Island is a good place, it even has that interactive dolphin experience. It's on the opposite sid of the island as the volcano though so you'll have to do some driving to see it.

On Maui, most hotels and resorts are clumped into 2 areas, Lahaina and Makena. In Lahaina there's the usual set of 5 star hotels but it really is a touristy town but it does have a lot going on. In Makena, there's the Grand Wailea with its 4 golf courses and the Maui Prince which has a great golf couse too.

All the hotels I mentioned sit on or very near great beaches so no problem there.
hawnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:05 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

We stayed at the Royal Lahaina Resort on our honeymoon....8 years ago

It was a nice clean place with a great breakfast brunch..

Tons of stuff to do on Maui..the helicopter rides are a must if you can swing it. The drive up Haleakala is astounding.
gstealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:09 PM   #7
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondt View Post
i've already been told that the crawler is not going with me so that's out of the question.
That's good cause then you will have no reason to meet young_version. That boy is trouble, nothing but trouble!
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:27 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
That's good cause then you will have no reason to meet young_version. That boy is trouble, nothing but trouble!
..........too true, too true !!!

jk kila . don't worry, you don't have to bring your crawlers, got alot of them on this "rock" we call home. hope you have a good time when your down here . and congrats on the wedding .
RydeFab is offline   Reply With Quote