Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: the rapid growth of rc crawling.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2007, 11:44 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default the rapid growth of rc crawling.

i was thinking about it today and how in the short time i have been in the rc crawler community it has doubled in size. i figure this is mostly due to the fact that un like racing it isn't the size of your wallet that gets you the win. it's the way you drive your truck. you don't have to worry about getting in fights with people because it's always a friendly enviorment. and now with kits like the axial it can only get better.

i guess what i'm trying to say is keep it up to all that make this hobby what it is. lets keep it simple and fun.
joehein is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2007, 03:36 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

I completely agree! The only thing that stopped me from racing is the hot heads at the club that flip out if you accidently nudge them off course! This sport is so much friedlier to newb's and old timers! I just shore hope it stays that way!
Cheers,
Dave.
theshimonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:27 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehein View Post
i was thinking about it today and how in the short time i have been in the rc crawler community it has doubled in size. i figure this is mostly due to the fact that un like racing it isn't the size of your wallet that gets you the win. it's the way you drive your truck. you don't have to worry about getting in fights with people because it's always a friendly enviorment. and now with kits like the axial it can only get better.

i guess what i'm trying to say is keep it up to all that make this hobby what it is. lets keep it simple and fun.

I don't know where you race where that would be true.

could it be....

1- All the people at your track have no talent, so the one who spends the most wins.

2- You have no talent and don't want to put in the time to get fast, so it makes you feel better to say that it just take money to win.

I vote for # 2

This is the crawler community we also keep it real.

IB..
I B RACIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:17 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I never spend alot in Nitro MT racing, its spending the right amount at the right time. It's also about driving, no matter how much you buy, you can not buy talent in driving or tuning (be it electic or nitro). Sending $20 a week in practice will pay off more than some stupid aluminum hop up.

I like Crawling too, but because it's a different pace. It's shadowed for my love for my Revo racing, but it is a great outlet.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:23 AM   #5
CSR
RCC Addict

R/C crawling is just a fad.... it'll fizzle out soon.

CSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:32 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

My buddy got me into it a month or so ago, I got another guy into it, and now my next door neighbor and his buddy are gonna' buy AX-10's. It's turning into a crawling cult! LOL!
Cheatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:33 AM   #7
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B RACIN View Post
I don't know where you race where that would be true.

could it be....

1- All the people at your track have no talent, so the one who spends the most wins.

2- You have no talent and don't want to put in the time to get fast, so it makes you feel better to say that it just take money to win.

I vote for # 2

This is the crawler community we also keep it real.

IB..
I agree, lets keep it real...

I raced at LHS for quite a few years, and I can say that the person with the bigger wallet, or who spent the most $$ at the shop, had an advantage Sad but true.... Its amazing how your transponder may not have counted a lap or at the end of the day when they added up your points you would mysteriously have lost by a point or two.

So I agree joehein, I havent gone to a comp where anything like the size of your wallet mattered.
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:55 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Yep, nothing but a fad. JK! I too like it, because it can be cheap to run. Or, even cheaper by making your own parts.
john alardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:25 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I just figured that I already have a real 1.1 Jeep that cost too much heck why not a toy one for when I cant run. That I used to have a few RC cars when I was still in school the old Gold RC-10.
Dragon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Agree..but I dont think is anywhere near cheap!
chaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:20 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaman View Post
Agree..but I dont think is anywhere near cheap!
it all depends on what you want to build.
admiket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:59 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

RC Crawling is just like RC Racing. The guy with a bigger wallet can win. However, just like all RC it takes practice to get better.

Put yourself against the top 20 at the Rock Crawling Nationals and I bet you will be in the bottom ranks. Just like RC racing. Most likely all the guys you are RC Crawling with in your area are new like you and they have not got all the experience they could have. Just taking a guess.

You have the edge in the RC crawling because its new. Now, go out and ractice so the other guys don't take your advantage away!
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:24 PM   #13
I had the hottest girlfriend at the MSD Nats

i am SO much better at driving slow! i have learned awesome tactical driving skills from Onespeeder and im tryin to get better and practice keepin the rubber side down. stangkillaSS, bowtie, eric113, dilligaf, tbond, crusher and several others on the txrcrca crew feed off of eachother and progress as a group. those guys are awesome people. all the great people i have met racing have also been very intrigued by my crew cab and one guy at the LHS has turned. i love RC because when you do what we do, youre automatically allright with me. blistering fast or dirt slow, 1:10 and 1:1, were all doing the same thing.
playing with toys. badass toys.
obijuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:38 PM   #14
RCC Addict

I like that I can go out in the back yard or where ever there are rocks and have fun even if there is no other crawlers around. That is initially why I got back into rc, because crawling is something you can have fun with, with or without multiple drivers.

You can't have a race with one racer
I set up courses and challenge myself even if Im alone.

It just sucks drinking beer alone
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:00 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

I say cheaper just cause it will take far less money to get my 2.2 to out perform and flex than my real pig! Pluss I can carry it around when I am out wheeling! I do like AZ for that reason.

Dragon51 is offline   Reply With Quote