I wanna be Dave

So do many vendors here.....and?
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:58 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorsteenster View Post
So do many vendors here.....and?
Wow what a close minded attitude. Hobby People is a California chain of Hobby Stores. You'd rather him not support a Local Hobby Store?

I'm all for supporting online vendors, and I especially like many of the ones here, however my LHS gets all my business when it comes to stock items they can buy, why you might ask? Because if I have no LHS then I have no where to get parts, just wait around on a forum for shipping.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:03 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Wow what a close minded attitude. Hobby People is a California chain of Hobby Stores. You'd rather him not support a Local Hobby Store?
How was what he said "close minded"? No one said anything about not supporting your LHS.

To use your own advice; Please read the post.

chit chat thread anyway.
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:05 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

What Hobby People is that? I hope they have them at my store!
Shoei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:09 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

This thread is full of usefull tech! I'm going to link everyone here so they can learn too

And for the byotchy folks and waiting for shipping..... get over it.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
This thread is full of usefull tech! I'm going to link everyone here so they can learn too

And for the byotchy folks and waiting for shipping..... get over it.

I'm already learning. I'm so excited:-P.
readytocrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:26 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Damn.. i was just sharing that a local store had them... pretty cool IMO thats all..

in the crawler world i have noticed its not the most welcoming hobby... you seem to step on everybody's toes somehow?... i built a chassis once for my own personal use, not for marketing at all and i took similar dimensions off of a bender and i posted it and people just RIPPED on me.. very nice BTW...

anyhow... just sharing that hobby people is carrying the Axial Lineup... hope they carry all the accessories like the rims/tires, beadlocks, body's ect.

JOe
Kingofthehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:31 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthehill View Post
Damn.. i was just sharing that a local store had them... pretty cool IMO thats all..

in the crawler world i have noticed its not the most welcoming hobby... you seem to step on everybody's toes somehow?... i built a chassis once for my own personal use, not for marketing at all and i took similar dimensions off of a bender and i posted it and people just RIPPED on me.. very nice BTW...

anyhow... just sharing that hobby people is carrying the Axial Lineup... hope they carry all the accessories like the rims/tires, beadlocks, body's ect.

JOe
It's just the way of the on-line forum, not crawling.

Crawlers are the friendliest and most generous peeps I have ever dealt w/ in my 25 years of R/C.

Ignore all of the e-thugs, and enjoy!
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:43 PM   #10
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:

JOe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules of RCCrawler
Helpful Tips
-RCC is a fun place, we try not to keep people from having a good time so just remember a couple things.
1) You gotta be able to take some ribbing around here to survive.
2) Respect is earned, not deserved.
Those are key to a happy life on RCC as I see it. 8-)
The guys look to make fun of people any chance they get. Don't take it so personal, we've all been made fun of at some point.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:46 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

JOe

It's not the crawler world being a-holes(only some).... You just have to learn to post things in the right manor, otherwise folks with bag on you. You also have to learn to post things in the right forums. If it's chit-chat, post it in chit-chat, not a Tech forum. Plain and simple.

Crawler folks are the nicest people around, at least in person.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:20 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytocrawl View Post
I vote to sticky!
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:18 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpink View Post
I vote to sticky!

I so concur. If a kid like me is learning, its should be a sticky.:-D
readytocrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:23 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I made a sticky just a minute ago!

Thank goodness for Kleenex!
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:16 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytocrawl View Post
I ain't been this excited since I found a quarter in my poo!
KSCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:50 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

as for putting it in the right place... In my opinion it could have gone either way... SINCE it was to tell people about another new location you could get an AX-10.. go figure i placed it in THAT forum.... how about we send all new threads to mods and they can sort accordingly? (kidding)....

geesh... this is what im talking about..

Cya.

JOe
Kingofthehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:32 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
as for putting it in the right place... In my opinion it could have gone either way...

But your opinion was wrong and you should have understood that when seeing that the AX-10 section is a Tech forum, not chit-chat...although most of the AX-10 forum is full of n00bs and chit-chat, yours was just the easiest to spot, remove and hammer down on.

Thanks for the chance
Old 11-20-2007, 10:05 PM   #18
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCrawler View Post
I ain't been this excited since I found a quarter in my poo!
Tip:

That's not a coin slot.

JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:22 PM   #19
RCC Addict

its nice to see that this previously somewhat unknown part of the hobby which previously was only known by those insiders who had either stumbled across this site or somebody in a shop that happened to have one in their hand when looking for a part to fab up as a rock crawler is really growing in leaps and bounds. you now have a purpose built out of the box crawler, esc's, motor's, tire's and several other things along with this stuff being more available now at local and national hobby shop chains instead of everything being limited to these secluded websites and vendors. now dont get me wrong i am all for supporting our vendors especially because i have no local shop and i have spent alot of my rock crawling money here. but if a hobbyist walked into a HOBBY PEOPLE and had no prior knowledge of rock crawling and learned of our side of the hobby along with a little info from the sales assoc. the hobbyist learns about this organized rock crawling and these websites with all of this cool specialzed parts that are only available online from some of these vendors that have a regular 9-5 and they do this on the side. so yes support our vendors but the local shops need to be supported also.
as far as crawlers being a-holes everybody i have meet or asked help from have been more helpfull than any other r/c i have ever been into. in this sport you dont have the jerks with the secret setup like sedans where the next guy wont even let you glance at his sedan or help out a guy trying to learn.
anyways glad to hear HOBBY PEOPLE supporting our hobby
rcjunky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:17 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjunky3 View Post
its nice to see that this previously somewhat unknown part of the hobby which previously was only known by those insiders who had either stumbled across this site or somebody in a shop that happened to have one in their hand when looking for a part to fab up as a rock crawler is really growing in leaps and bounds. you now have a purpose built out of the box crawler, esc's, motor's, tire's and several other things along with this stuff being more available now at local and national hobby shop chains instead of everything being limited to these secluded websites and vendors. now dont get me wrong i am all for supporting our vendors especially because i have no local shop and i have spent alot of my rock crawling money here. but if a hobbyist walked into a HOBBY PEOPLE and had no prior knowledge of rock crawling and learned of our side of the hobby along with a little info from the sales assoc. the hobbyist learns about this organized rock crawling and these websites with all of this cool specialzed parts that are only available online from some of these vendors that have a regular 9-5 and they do this on the side. so yes support our vendors but the local shops need to be supported also.
as far as crawlers being a-holes everybody i have meet or asked help from have been more helpfull than any other r/c i have ever been into. in this sport you dont have the jerks with the secret setup like sedans where the next guy wont even let you glance at his sedan or help out a guy trying to learn.
anyways glad to hear HOBBY PEOPLE supporting our hobby

All I got from this is Crawlers are not the A-Holes but the Sedan drivers are.

Great, I own crawlers, bashers, boats, 2wd & 4wd buggies and best of all.. I also have a Sedan for racing at the carpet track!!! I am one of them Assholes.