Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: 2 Blown Nitro Buggies in One Day What Gives?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default 2 Blown Nitro Buggies in One Day What Gives?

My brother, dad, and myself all bought Duratrax Razes last may. I know Duratrax is not a top of the line stuff but for cheap bashers they are fine. So far everything has been pretty good with them. Today me and my brother were racing when mine slung a rod. It wasn't too lean or running hot. We ran two tanks through them and then let them cool for about 30 minutes. Next tank about half way through boom no more motor. We thought ok ran it to lean and it burnt up. Then about an hour later my brothers buggy that was pouring smoke and running super rich did the same thing. What gives?
nascarkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2007, 05:09 PM   #2
I'm a stupid C U N T!

was it cold out?
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:22 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Even if your motor is rich you can still stretch a rod. I assume that's what you meant by "slung" If you keep it WOT down the straits you will elongate the rod. Also a hot block and cold ambient temps are not always friends. What I do is when I'm racing and I hit the straits coming out of a turn is , full throttle and then depending on how you have your brake bias set up when you let off the throttle your buggy will dip down and basically brake itself as it enters the next corner. I know that may sound drawn out but you did say you were racing.

Also if you were using the RTR motor then you will only get maybe a gallon of gas through it . And during that time the wrist pin , sleeve, and bearings are all getting the shit torn out of them cause they sell shit motors with rtr's.

If you like the buggy save up and get a decent upgraded motor . Don't go for a RB or even a OS. Try any of the Ofna motors , they have a lot of rebuild kits also.
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:42 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the info. It was about 68 degrees and humid it had been raining off and on. We were racing around buckets in the yard. Go 30 yards, turn left, repeat. We had done that all summer in 100 degree heat and would run 5 or 6 tanks before cooling them off with no problems. Then today boom.

It was probably the third gallon ran in mine so I guess I was lucky then.

Last edited by nascarkeith; 11-21-2007 at 05:44 PM.
nascarkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:12 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Now go get an LRP .28 Spec III.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:20 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
Now go get an LRP .28 Spec III.
X2. but they would be a little over kill in a 1/8th scale buggy. trust me, i put my spec 2 in my ofna MBX pro and i couldnt keep control of it. so the .28 would be a little nuts. i say go with a strong .21!

EDIT: another strong runner is the sportwerks .26. i ran that in my savage and for only a .26 it produced a ton of power. lots of top end. best of all, its only $130!
mudrinner4ever is offline   Reply With Quote