Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Ford F-350 Scorpion!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2007, 03:14 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Ford F-350 Scorpion!

So today I went to the LHS, and I was really happy and surprised to see an F-350 Hi-Lift finally. Walked over and noticed that it was quite customized, four linked and everything. With weird green links. And a TVP that said Axial on it. Hmm, an AX-10 (the first I've ever seen) with a Hi-Lift body and a big front skid-plate/bumper. And 4WS. Seems to me like somebody was trying to do everything at the same time, hook up some 40 series tires and wheels and the Frankenstein would be complete.

I dunno, it seems to me that they managed to defeat all of the purposes at once.

Sorry for the crummy cell phone pic, I don't think I was even supposed to take that but....

Also while I was looking at the truck, I literally got run into by a 15 year old kid who was in the store with his mom, the little bugger couldn't even take his eyes off of his GameBoy as she tried to interest him in all the RC around him. When I was his age, I was saving my lawnmowing money to buy new tires and front oil-filled shocks for my Hornet, then begging my dad to drive me to the store once I had enough. Didn't matter a bit to this kid where he was as long as he had his video game. Oh well.
LAV25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I was thinkin' about putting that body on my AX10 looks good, I might just have to do that although it is mounted a little to high
ScorpioCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:00 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAV25 View Post
Also while I was looking at the truck, I literally got run into by a 15 year old kid who was in the store with his mom, the little bugger couldn't even take his eyes off of his GameBoy as she tried to interest him in all the RC around him. When I was his age, I was saving my lawnmowing money to buy new tires and front oil-filled shocks for my Hornet, then begging my dad to drive me to the store once I had enough. Didn't matter a bit to this kid where he was as long as he had his video game. Oh well.
wow! I don't even have a hobby shop..I did manage to beg my parents to drive me across the state once to look for one but no luck. :-(
trickedoutTLT06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:36 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

That's todays kid for you. They live in a world of electronics. How many of these kids "play" anymore?
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:40 AM   #5

i was 22 and played VGs all the time till i got into rc and now i barley touch them. been that way for three years now
samson_simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:41 AM   #6
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 View Post
That's todays kid for you. They live in a world of electronics. How many of these kids "play" anymore?
They dont, thats why child obesity is on the rise... all you see now a days is fat lil kids cause all they do is eat junk food and play video games...
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:05 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

I eat plenty of junk food and play lkots of video games.. except I'm not fat? Although I do agree, Being in highschool every year of new people they seem to get shorter and shorter and fatter and fatter.
theshimonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:35 AM   #8
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickedoutTLT06 View Post
wow! I don't even have a hobby shop..I did manage to beg my parents to drive me across the state once to look for one but no luck. :-(
Wow you must have never freaking heard of Google maps.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:44 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAV25 View Post

I really don't understand how people can not like RC. Most every body I know just sits in side on there computer. I have very few friends that even ride any more. To busy with the computer games and crap.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:21 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

hmmm I cant think of a time as a kid that I wasnt doing something that got me scraped up or bruised... I do remember one of my most favorite video games as a kid was an RC or 4x4 game for the c-64 cant remember the name t osave my life but come winter I loved it..
Then I met my hornet! It was all down hill after that.
crawler_king is offline   Reply With Quote