Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: colorado springs weekly comps/trail runs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2010, 06:51 PM   #2201
Quarry Creeper

Well out scaling on Sunday I finally snapped my spare tire off, suprised it didnt come off sooner since I had a weighted 1.9 on the same mount the plastic stock one came on.

SOOO, since these were on sale for 50% off I went ahead and picked one of these up....

Obligatory flex shot! YEA, I think I may have to limit it.

I was thinking of turning the red one into a J8 truck or something of the sort.

Ideas on colors for the new one?

Last edited by Blazefighter; 12-28-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Blazefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #2202
Rock Crawler

I think something greenish would be nice.

Check out my new body, this is for 1 of my 2 current projects and I am only 2 days away from the Honcho being rebuilt!!!

check it out

neoakaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:20 PM   #2203
Pebble Pounder

Greg - you should be able to fix your tailgate with a little work. How about a chassis mounted bumper with swing-out carrier? That's what I'm gonna do with mine.

I started chopping up my JK yesterday and it's going pretty good so far. I still can't get the F'n "mud" off of the headlights though. I tried nail polish remover and even soaked one of them in brake fluid overnight, and the crap still won't come off. I need to pick up some new lights/buckets anyway since I got a little carried away with the hair dryer (melting glue) and deformed one of the buckets. Anyone know where I can get some headlights for the JK? I tried to find something even remotely close at HobbyClown but they didn't have any of course.

My SCX-10 kit should be here Friday so I can start doing the build. I'm wondering of a decent color as well. I just saw a commercial with an orange JK... sounds good to me! Here's a few pics of the JK after cutting bumpers, flares, "running boards", etc.

Last edited by GATOROC; 01-03-2011 at 11:23 PM.
GATOROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:49 AM   #2204
Quarry Creeper

I used Tamiya Hilux lenses in mine, they're the same size. Damn Mud, it took me forever to get that s@*t off my TJ
lwb Sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:05 AM   #2205
Rock Crawler

You could try using the bucket out of a mini mag light and hilux lens. You can also see if anything off this would work http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/ax80053.htm
neoakaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #2206
Quarry Creeper

I've been working slowly on my lenses with rubbing compound and a polishing cloth. It is very slow going!

Oh and I have to get some styrene putty for the side of mine. Those DAMN stickers were on there so hard that the one on the drivers side delaminated the plastic on the body when it came off, even with the goo gone I had on it. New Bright, you are dead to me.

Last edited by Blazefighter; 01-04-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:18 AM   #2207
Gettin’ back on the horse

In the paint and body section there is mention of a compound that removes all the mud from the body and lenses.

You guys are doing it the hard way.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #2208
Rock Crawler

hey co springs guys, i have a novak 18.5 turn brushless sensored set up.
its in great running condition.
my question is.....
does any one have a brushed system that would be as fast or as good as the setup im running? i want to water proof it and right now i cant because of the brushless.
any one have a good recommendation or a setup they would want to trade for my brushless set up?
kronik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:44 PM   #2209
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZEFIGHTER View Post
I've been working slowly on my lenses with rubbing compound and a polishing cloth. It is very slow going!

Oh and I have to get some styrene putty for the side of mine. Those DAMN stickers were on there so hard that the one on the drivers side delaminated the plastic on the body when it came off, even with the goo gone I had on it. New Bright, you are dead to me.
Did you use a hair dryer to get the stickers off? Mine peeled off with no problems at all. I agree with you - the person that decided to put this "mud" on the bodies should have his ass kicked! ...although he probably didn't make these knowing that people would be getting rid of the piece of crap "crawler" and using the body.

Thanks Jason for the advice on using the Mini Mag Light buckets! I found a few laying around the house and will be using them. Just need to find some lenses now and sent an email to RPP asking when their lenses will be released.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:50 PM   #2210
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
In the paint and body section there is mention of a compound that removes all the mud from the body and lenses.

You guys are doing it the hard way.
Now you tell me Ty! I actually did some searching to find out what folks were using and found a thread where someone was using Krud Kutter, but it ended up not working as well as he thought. I've heard of Simple Green (which I tried), lacquer thinner, acetone, prepsol, nail polish remover, brake fluid, etc., but didn't find anything that would take it off easily without eating the plastic. Nail polish remover worked well on the "New Bright" on the front windshield and sanding works fine on the body. I think Greg's idea of sanding and buffing will get the crap off of the headlights.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #2211
Pebble Pounder

Whoops! I accidentally found one of these today. They had 4 of the Mudslinger JK's as well. Now I'm not sure if I want to build a JK or TJ?

Old 01-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #2212
Rock Crawler

i got inspired by benders scx10 pre runner.
im running brushless and i wanna play in the snow and water. and have more of an all around scaler. fast but can still crawl. soooooo....
i just bought a titan 12.5 t xl-5 esc and a water proof servo for 99 bucks. its getting dropped into the xj as soon as i get it!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #2213
Quarry Creeper

Haha it looks like Todd has really caught the scale bug!

Hey Todd, what filler are you using there where the antenna came through on the JK?
Old 01-05-2011, 10:46 PM   #2214
Rock Crawler

use some mighty putty! it works for filler!
Old 01-05-2011, 11:11 PM   #2215
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZEFIGHTER View Post
Haha it looks like Todd has really caught the scale bug!

Hey Todd, what filler are you using there where the antenna came through on the JK?
I used "White Putty" that I got from Tyler and noticed it at HobbyClown the other day as well. I like Kronik's idea of Mighty Putty! (I can hear Billy Mays now... )

If you need any putty let me know and you can use mine. Also, if you need any styrene or glue, I have enough now to build 3 crawlers from scratch.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:15 PM   #2216
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATOROC View Post
I used "White Putty" that I got from Tyler and noticed it at HobbyClown the other day as well. I like Kronik's idea of Mighty Putty! (I can hear Billy Mays now... )

If you need any putty let me know and you can use mine. Also, if you need any styrene or glue, I have enough now to build 3 crawlers from scratch.
red= signature material!!!!
i made my lights on the hood out of mighty putty! it works great, but it smells absolutely horrible till it dries!
Old 01-05-2011, 11:18 PM   #2217
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Also, if you need any styrene or glue, I have enough now to build 3 crawlers from scratch.
i havent been able to get any from hobby town lately thats worth a damn. i really want to build my interior but i dont want to order styrene off of the internet... im not good with sizes of styrene. i just go by what i think i should use for what im building! im gonna get some cash together to give you and we should have an interior building session!!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:38 AM   #2218

Anyone in C/S have a clocking jig for V1 Berg?
Jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:36 PM   #2219
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik View Post
red= signature material!!!!
Haha! At least I didn't say "white" putty or goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik View Post
i havent been able to get any from hobby town lately thats worth a damn. i really want to build my interior but i dont want to order styrene off of the internet... im not good with sizes of styrene. i just go by what i think i should use for what im building! im gonna get some cash together to give you and we should have an interior building session!!!!
I'll be experimenting here soon with the styrene and will be fabbing up some inner fender wells.

Last edited by GATOROC; 01-06-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #2220
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Haha! At least I didn't say "white" putty or goo!

I'll be experimenting here soon with the styrene and will be fabbing up some inner fender wells.
hahaha!!

i built my own under carriage out of styrene. i can help you out with yours if you want!