Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Looking to crawl few ?s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 10:16 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Looking to crawl few ?s

Ive been looking around for awhile thinking about getting into crawling and I would like to get a Losi mini crwler but want to be able to go to the comps and crawl. after looking around it looks like the Losi mini crawler would be in the 1.9 Comp class? Is this right? If so where are the rules for this class? and how well do these do out of the box compared to other 1.9 crawlers? Or are most 1.9 comp crawlers based off the losi mini crawler?

Thanks!
JFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2008, 11:40 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Well Here is a link to the rules for everything. This is 2008 and new revisions will come out here in the near future. http://www.usrcca.com/rules2008.pdf

The losi MRC is currently the only 1.9 comp crawler that you can buy in a box. You can build one out of the Losi axles or TLT axle if you prefer. Out of the box the Losi crawls decent, but with some free mods it will climb better. Biggest changes you need to buy are, new tires, stock ones suck. New shocks is another area that needs replacing. Other than that, the rest is bling or the newest and greatest that you have to have. Check out the Losi MRC thread and there is all kinds of info in there!! They are really fun to drive and it will lead to you getting a 2.2,Super and a scaler in due time The addiction will take over
THnCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:42 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thanks looks like I might go pick up a mrc today and start building a tube chassis for it once I understand it a bit better!
Old 12-16-2008, 10:43 PM   #4

Hey JFAB, are there anymore rc'ers around Fremont county? I am looking for some people that might want to put on a small comp around Florence or Canon. Let me know man and we'll get together sometime. Do you know of any other good places to go? Take it easy man

Jeff
Jeff@Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:26 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Im trying to talk a few people that I know into getting some mrc's I know it might start growing in pueblo. let me know what I can do.

Places to crawl yeah all over.... The main Place I can think of is RED CANYON PARK its about 15min from my house about 35 min from penrose/florance 1 to 1.5 hr from the south side of Colorado springs.

I havent went and crawled up there yet. But I have been up there and just about any type of red rock/formations you can think of are up there.

I ended up getting a mrc and I do some fab work and made my own tuber.... JFAB'S Tuber

So if you know of some people that want to start crawling down here let me know and we can try and put somthing together!

Last edited by JFAB; 12-18-2008 at 12:28 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:45 AM   #6

it was tough choosing between the mini-crawler and the 2.2

I think I will get the mini for my birthday. (nothing like buying your own presents!)
cannoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:15 AM   #7

Yeah, I thought about Red Canyon, but i figured that there is probably alot of snow still up there. That place reminds me of a scale version of Moab!! I dont know anyone is this area that has a crawler. A few of my friends are wanting to get them tho. I keep trying to push them alittle bit to hurry up!!! We'll have to get together sometime and go check Red Canyon out.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:05 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I am pretty sure that some of C/S guys would make a trip to Canon City for some crawling, no different than going to Denver! We have some pretty addicted crawlers in this state. If the spot is big enough, we might be able to get the powers that be to do a CO series comp down there. Not real sure, because is quite a journey for the Northern Denver guys to get to Canon City.
THnCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:42 PM   #9

I am going to go check out a few more spots this weekend around the Royal Gorge area and see if there is anything worth while. I know there is are a ton of places to go but almost all of it is being fenced off. Another area might be around Brush Hollow and the Independance trail area. Anyone that is into full sized crawlers would know about Indy. There are alot of places that are huge, so there is alot of parking/camping and there are no fees to pay to play.

I'll look into it alittle more this weekend and let you all know.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:15 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@Redline View Post
I am going to go check out a few more spots this weekend around the Royal Gorge area and see if there is anything worth while. I know there is are a ton of places to go but almost all of it is being fenced off. Another area might be around Brush Hollow and the Independance trail area. Anyone that is into full sized crawlers would know about Indy. There are alot of places that are huge, so there is alot of parking/camping and there are no fees to pay to play.

I'll look into it alittle more this weekend and let you all know.
Indy (Penrose) rocks! I'm sure that we could do the RC crawling there as well. Huge area to park/camp and great place to crawl!
GATOROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:54 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I plan on looking around also it would be awesome
To have a comp in this Area. Ill take some pictures when I get a chance to go
Old 12-24-2008, 06:52 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

So who is willing to travel to perose florance or canon to crawl? and what type of crawler?

Maybe this should be a different thread?