Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Red Rocks = No comps

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 03:19 PM   #1
Gettin’ back on the horse

Default Red Rocks = No comps

Well without adding to much detail no comps will be aloud at the Red Rocks competion location, so if you have an event planned for that location sorry but its not going to happen as of right now.
If you still try to use this location there will severe consequences, not only by mean but the Morrison police department.
We are trying to preserver this area for future crawling, but the rules around there have got to change, and it has to become a bit more official. So please be patient until progress can be made.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
Well without adding to much detail no comps will be aloud at the Red Rocks competion location, so if you have an event planned for that location sorry but its not going to happen as of right now.
If you still try to use this location there will severe consequences, not only by mean but the Morrison police department.
We are trying to preserver this area for future crawling, but the rules around there have got to change, and it has to become a bit more official. So please be patient until progress can be made.
Oh, you know we're more worried about you, than the Police.:-P So what's up? The county and city rules need to be changed or what? Were they not happy with how the Vanquish comp was handled?
Old 08-30-2009, 06:31 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
We still cool to drive up there though? As long as we wait til school is out?
Old 08-30-2009, 09:57 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Can one still go up there and crawl on the weekend? Or is it totally off limits?
Old 08-30-2009, 10:12 PM   #5
R.I.P. Chip

They loved how the Vanquish event was ran and handled. They were very happy about the event.

They just cannot accept the liability of people on their land.

I was asked by them to keep everyone out of there, all the time. No comps, no practice, nothing.

We will however be doing another large event at the location.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:17 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
They loved how the Vanquish event was ran and handled. They were very happy about the event.

I was asked by them to keep everyone out of there, all the time. No comps, no practice, nothing.

Weak! I'll respect it though, it's not my land. We were lucky to have it this long.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:30 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjlittle View Post
Weak! I'll respect it though, it's not my land. We were lucky to have it this long.
X2. Damn, this is gonna level the playing field for the next big comp a bit. I'm just glad they were happy with Rocas Rojo, another pat on the back for you guys
Old 08-30-2009, 10:42 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Not to push the envelope or anything but how much of the area do they own?
Old 08-31-2009, 07:25 AM   #9

yeah this blows, that was my home spot
Old 08-31-2009, 10:30 AM   #10
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Malach View Post
We still cool to drive up there though? As long as we wait til school is out?
Yeah Technically no, Jason said it best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post

Yep, so as of this time, its best to stay away, for now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrockr View Post
Not to push the envelope or anything but how much of the area do they own?
I have a map if you want to see.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:56 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

My condolences guys!

When I saw the rocks your club has been privileged to crawl on, I was in awe, that's an incredible spot. Not knowing the area, I would imagine it's either school land, or park land ($999 fine) around there.

I will say this, I will be returning for the second annual LaGuerra en Rocas Rojo next year for sure!
Old 08-31-2009, 03:31 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Are there going to be any posted "no tresspassing" signs? Or anything to let those that don't have access to this thread know about the new rule?

This is just down the road from me, and a great spot to practice, wtf, now I'll have to find something else close...

I gotta wonder if someone got hurt and sued someone and now they aren't willing to take the liability for injuries anymore?

Who actually owns that land? City of morrison? I'd love to see the map of the boundaries.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:12 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
Are there going to be any posted "no tresspassing" signs? Or anything to let those that don't have access to this thread know about the new rule?

This is just down the road from me, and a great spot to practice, wtf, now I'll have to find something else close...

I gotta wonder if someone got hurt and sued someone and now they aren't willing to take the liability for injuries anymore?

Who actually owns that land? City of morrison? I'd love to see the map of the boundaries.
Instead of pushing back and making it so we can't run there ever, why don't we just say ok and not go there? I'm sure if you tell everyone you know and we all do the same, no one will be oblivious to the fact
Old 08-31-2009, 04:31 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Malach View Post
Instead of pushing back and making it so we can't run there ever, why don't we just say ok and not go there? I'm sure if you tell everyone you know and we all do the same, no one will be oblivious to the fact
I don't want to push back because that will make them push back even harder. I will stay away, and tell all that I know, but there's gotta be the one guy out there that will drive up there and say there's no sign posted telling him to stay away.

This is the same guy ready to sue McDonalds because there wasn't a sign to tell him his coffee was hot.

I just don't want that guy to screw it up forever...

Is there a way we can get some kind of permit or something that includes a liability waiver?
Old 08-31-2009, 04:36 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
I don't want to push back because that will make them push back even harder. I will stay away, and tell all that I know, but there's gotta be the one guy out there that will drive up there and say there's no sign posted telling him to stay away.

This is the same guy ready to sue McDonalds because there wasn't a sign to tell him his coffee was hot.

I just don't want that guy to screw it up forever...

Is there a way we can get some kind of permit or something that includes a liability waiver?
Point taken...maybe there should be a sign posted up at the bottom of the hill then
Old 08-31-2009, 07:43 PM   #16

yeah i cant tell you how many times i go up there and meet some guy with a rtr ax10 fresh out of the box that has never even heard of rcc before. sign is a very good idea
Old 08-31-2009, 07:59 PM   #17
R.I.P. Chip

They told me that they were going to put up signs, they said if that didn't work they would fence the whole area off, which would IMO make it look like shit.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:09 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Jason, Ty...

Just a thought, maybe we, as a group could, offer to help put up signs as a show of wanting to work with the powers that are in effect. Maybe get some flyers out to the local Rc stores, you know make an effort to educate and reach as many as possible.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:30 AM   #19

Quote:
i like this idea, if we go to the city of morrison, or public schools, who ever owns the land and ask if everyone who goes up their actively can sign a liability waiver and have permission to be there
Old 09-01-2009, 08:55 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by subieyacht View Post
i like this idea, if we go to the city of morrison, or public schools, who ever owns the land and ask if everyone who goes up their actively can sign a liability waiver and have permission to be there
My understanding is that neither of those entity's own the land.
Closed Thread