Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Sportsman crawler comp Sat Oct 17th at FinishLineRC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 07:46 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Sportsman crawler comp Sat Oct 17th at FinishLineRC

Lets see what kind of response we get then!! 2.2 sportsman comp 8.4V limit (this seems to be the only deal in mind for the guys....they dont care about the rest). All rules apply in the sportsman feedback thread. $5 to enter....membership holders get in free!!!

1st place prize $40 + proline 2.2 body
2nd place prize $25 + proline 2.2 body
3rd place prize $10 + proline 2.2 body

I will have 7 gates each for the 3 qualifying courses and 5 for the finals run. the show will start at 9 am, and I will tech every rig. If it is snowing the day of the event or snow to much on the ground to have safe driving. I will reschedule. I will have the courses tarped and ready to go so no worries on the rocks. Game on!!!! 303-722-0214 if you need directions
FinishLineRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

I would like to let my 5 year old son compete in this but he would be driving my comp rig is that cool?

Thanks
Neil76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #3
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinishLineRC View Post
All rules apply in the sportsman feedback thread.
There are a million things talked about in that thread, half of them contradict the others. Which rules are you going to go off of?
RCCtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:00 PM   #4
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCtv View Post
There are a million things talked about in that thread, half of them contradict the others. Which rules are you going to go off of?
Hey its not about that. $$$$$$$$$$
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
Hey its not about that. $$$$$$$$$$
It's not like it's gonna come out of your pocket so what does it matter?
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Malach View Post
It's not like it's gonna come out of your pocket so what does it matter?
Wow you sure do sound like a little lap monkey tonight.
Just that everyday I have someone Biatch about how money is ruining this hobby.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:07 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

So are the rules are 8.4 volt limit, shafty, no dig, 12.5 wheel base?
Hoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Wow you sure do sound like a little lap monkey tonight.
Just that everyday I have someone Biatch about how money is ruining this hobby.
So what's wrong with a class that's cheap to get into? Wouldn't that make competing easier to swallow with a box stock rig instead of a $1000 berg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppa] View Post
So are the rules are 8.4 volt limit, shafty, no dig, 12.5 wheel base?
Rules should be finalized very soon
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:21 PM   #9

Its not the amount of money in the rig, its the money going into "peoples" pockets for driving your toy for a day.
And store credit is just another way to pocket that dough.

The only reason the winter series deals with it at all is because everyone wanted to do the 5 dollar thing, and series fees are for trophies and whatever else. Patrick and I lose a couple hundred dollars a year doing this stuff, but we do it for the love of the hobby to watch the progression, to have fun with our friends.
Can the same really be said for any of the other "series'" around town?
Old 10-09-2009, 07:29 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Its not the amount of money in the rig, its the money going into "peoples" pockets for driving your toy for a day.

The only reason the winter series deals with it at all is because everyone wanted to do the 5 dollar thing, and series fees are for trophies and whatever else. Patrick and I lose a couple hundred dollars a year doing this stuff, but we do it for the love of the hobby to watch the progression, to have fun with our friends.
Well, you're referring to the HTW series, and yes, they pocket a lot of our cash, (well jay does really, but he just spends the money back in the store)
Dan's series are like you said, for the love of the sport. He's put a lot of time and money into his course and he gives away a ton of stuff to the competitors.

If I can make it to this comp, I will. I have dig, but it just won't be used. everything else fits into the rules.

Edit: Wait, what were the rules? Dan can you post up what will pass tech and what won't?

Last edited by monkeyracer; 10-09-2009 at 10:15 AM.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:53 AM   #11
Powered by Awesome

Another way to look at it - its not $5 to run, its $5 to use the amenaties and rock courses. Dan truely is just in this for the love of the hobby. i know for a fact - he barely breaks even when he throws a comp. $5 is a throw in the hat.

IMO
Putting on a comp is alotta work. im more then willing to pay someone 10 bucks to compete in thier comp - and id actually preffer that the money went in thier pocket. Turtle - You and Patrick should get paid for what you do - running the series here in CO is a ton of work - I had a hellofa time doing the scale series and that was only 10-15 guys. I can only imagine the work entailed with techin,scoring and running a comp that contains 50+. You 2 deserve to be rewarded for your efforts in some way shape or form. but again - thats my opinion.

Back on topic: Ill have to see if i can get my rig ready for this... i doubt it will be but id be game! Ive yet to see his new setup up there. i know he worked his rear off getting that new course done.
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:50 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Im not going to get into this for the arguement...I just hope Ty that you can remember how much markup is in this business of retail....so I do want to be able to afford an awning again, to cover the pits and heat them...for you AND me. I can barely afford all the overhead with the small profit I do make on the parts. The nationals series has no store, did not pay for 91 tons of rock, pay rent, or anything that a retail store has........so please be real.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:10 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Rules!!!! Thx Casey, I think we agreed on good rules...these rules are to hopefully make full use of the rig your not using, the rig you are using, and not to have to rush to the store getting a bunch of stuff and spending $$ to convert....even the kids can have fun in this class!!

1. 12.5" wheelbase axlenut to axlenut
2. 12.5" max width
3. 2.2 wheels and tires
4. 5" max diameter tires--modifiable
5. 1 steering servo front axle only
6. no winchable servo--no frontaxle winchdown
7. 2 channel only. 1 steering servo, 1 esc ***NOTE*** I will allow dig servo to be in place locking in 4 wheel drive. You may use a 3 channel radio. If you ACCIDENTALLY OR PURPOSELY USE THE 3RD CHANNEL IN ANY WAY YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM EVENT!!
8. 1 motor powering both axles---shafty only
9. Max Voltage 8.4V Nominal (7cell NIMH, NICD, or 2cell lipo)
10. Standard 2.2 body and bodiless rules apply
11. Brushed 3 pole motors only (no HH puller motors)
12. Good attitudes only
13. HAVE FUN!!
Old 10-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Rule #7 is to provide a choice....leave your dig unit and servo, sacrifice your upper weight and CG, but dont have to tear apart and get new driveshafts. Or tear apart, make it how yuo want, and have fun.
Or if you have a 2 channel only, and no dig anyways, you could care less about rule #7
Old 10-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Im not going to get into this for the arguement...I just hope Ty that you can remember how much markup is in this business of retail....so I do want to be able to afford an awning again, to cover the pits and heat them...for you AND me. I can barely afford all the overhead with the small profit I do make on the parts. The nationals series has no store, did not pay for 91 tons of rock, pay rent, or anything that a retail store has........so please be real.
On a second note I agree with TwistedXT....you guys should get paid for what you do...especially if you are loosing money to help everyone out. Thats my opinion. And thx 4 helping keep the drive alive by running the events...you too Patrick...thx
Old 10-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

So no brushless on 2s.:-( I guess me and my Losi will stay home.
Hoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:41 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil76 View Post
I would like to let my 5 year old son compete in this but he would be driving my comp rig is that cool?

Thanks
yes sir watch he schools us
Old 10-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Rules!!!! Thx Casey, I think we agreed on good rules...these rules are to hopefully make full use of the rig your not using, the rig you are using, and not to have to rush to the store getting a bunch of stuff and spending $$ to convert....even the kids can have fun in this class!!

1. 12.5" wheelbase axlenut to axlenut
2. 12.5" max width
3. 2.2 wheels and tires
4. 5" max diameter tires--modifiable
5. 1 steering servo front axle only
6. no winchable servo--no frontaxle winchdown
7. 2 channel only. 1 steering servo, 1 esc ***NOTE*** I will allow dig servo to be in place locking in 4 wheel drive. You may use a 3 channel radio. If you ACCIDENTALLY OR PURPOSELY USE THE 3RD CHANNEL IN ANY WAY YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM EVENT!!
8. 1 motor powering both axles---shafty only
9. Max Voltage 8.4V Nominal (7cell NIMH, NICD, or 2cell lipo)
10. Standard 2.2 body and bodiless rules apply
11. Brushed 3 pole motors only (no HH puller motors)
12. Good attitudes only
13. HAVE FUN!!
for #4, it looks like I'll have to throw my claws on and not run the rovers... oh well...

#11:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppa] View Post
So no brushless on 2s.:-( I guess me and my Losi will stay home.
Is there really an advantage for a brushless motor? Top speed maybe, but other than that, what's the advantage? (especially for those LCC guys that would want to compete.)

All the other rules look good!

Now I'm going to really try to make it to this one. I'd love to see some newbs pwn me on the rocks... Bring it!
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:22 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

i dont think i have any crawler tires other then my rovers...crap......as far as the brushless thing brushless motors have more initial torque and smoother control....making it possible to "hop"over things easier
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:40 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

There are a few of us with more than a set of tires...Id be willing to let you borrow a set....or others would probably do the same