Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2004, 01:23 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Colorado Get Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR5Dave
Hey you CO people, stop being so far away.

That is all.
You coulda moved to CO, but nooooo, you had to pick AZ.
Seriously. I should let my RC Truck decide where I live, all the way
SR5Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 09:26 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Well the FlatIrons were easier in some of the old sections that BigTEx and I have run, but it still ate my lunch.

Since the truck can climb better and has a little better flex I was trying some super steep ledge filled climbs. The longest and steepest one let me suffer a hard roll and shear a rod end. Guess I should really coinsider getting bigger and beefier rod ends. Oh yeah, did I mention that this was about 45 min ago, in the dark, well dark other than the 2 million candlepower spot light

So when are the rest of you going to come out and try out what the Big Iron has to give?? I will be up there again with Big Tex Friday afternoon if anyone is interested!
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:06 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Hey guys.....looks like I'm out for tomorrow. We had our new little one this morning. I'll talk to ya'll next week. Sorry.....
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 11:05 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Congrats Man! No worries, we'll be up again.

Up there again today, what a blast. Looks like BigTex, Ace, Griz, and myself will be up there tomarrow.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:54 AM   #26
Powered by Awesome

I cant go to flat irons till saturday, even then i have no drive shafts.. im in the mdlle of modding the rig, im hesitant to cut the chassis yet. I want to see how my canteliver links hold up... i still dont have any drive shafts... i need to measure how long they need to be and the amount of slip and figure all that stuff out. i wish i could come... rumor is that everyone is meeting tomarrow at 4-5pm... somewhere in flat irons... i unforutnetly work till 4pm in highlands Ranch...

check out my progress:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mmalms...01.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mmalms...92.jpg&.src=ph
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:20 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Rumor mill is right, there were 4 of us up there today. @ Clods and 2 TXTs. As Much as I want to say I lead the TXT dominance, I can't. The Almost Stocker fought the good fight and hung with 4Lo and The Super Duke. BootyFab, BigTex's TXT had some major teething problems which limited his run time and fun. All and all a good day. Great comp place, and it is nice to have the one and only Scoring Nazi there to hash out questions on rules as you crawl!

The shafties will dominate, just let me find more time and money! Or lend me you mill there Ace!

Let one TXT guy help another TXT'er out:

1) Loose the Canti's, they SUCK
2) Cut the Chassis, you will love it
3) Buy 2 2.5 maxx diff side yokes, and 2 Revo shafts. Install 2.5 yokes on Revo then attach to TXT tranny, slide other end of Revo on TXT axle and enjoy!
Old 10-22-2004, 07:43 AM   #28
Ace
Rock Crawler

4. clod axles.

Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:41 AM   #29
Powered by Awesome

Ok... did anyone take pics? and where exactly did everyone meetup at flat irons? Ive only been there a couple of times and the only rocks i can think of are outside of the food court.....*****need Pics****
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 06:36 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Don't listen to Ace, his is a quitter . Once he too stood tall as a Shafty driver, but not anymore!

Twisted, dude, I guess I needed to be more specific, by FlatIrons, I mean the FlatIrons Mountains, not Flat Irons Mall.

What do you think we are Mall Crawlers? :P

We meet up at the Einstien Bagles on Broadway and Baseline in Boulder, then head up into the hills.

BigTex had his camera, but I think he was too busy playin with the new crawl to care about pics. Guess we gotta go again :P

Shoot me a PM if you want better directions, and I will give you my number so I can show you around some death wheelin!
Old 10-25-2004, 09:59 AM   #31