Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: High Rockies Scalers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #1

Default High Rockies Scalers

Hey guys, I am a student at CMC up in Leadville, I was wondering if there was any people around here that run scalers. I am working on finishing mine and wanted to find some guys to run with. If anyone is in the Frisco/Silverthorn area or anywhere up here let me know. Thanks guys.
loubek88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2010, 09:48 PM   #2

No one? Well if there isn't any scalers up here, whats up with scaler comps coming up in the future?
Old 03-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #3
MODERHATER™

I am about an hour out from Frisco, you got some cool spots there? I have played around a little along the Blue river past Silverthorne, the were some cool spots.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #4

I just moved here in aug. and i didnt have my scaler together (still dont, but will soon) But i have a ton of great spots up here. I would like to organize a trail run some time this summer. Do you run scalers? Im working on mine now.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:31 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubek88 View Post
I just moved here in aug. and i didnt have my scaler together (still dont, but will soon) But i have a ton of great spots up here. I would like to organize a trail run some time this summer. Do you run scalers? Im working on mine now.
Yea he has one or two..
Once it starts to warm up there is a smaller group that I'm sure would be more then willing to come up there, but we need a spot with camping location.

There will be a new scale series starting at the end of the month and I'm in need of good locations to have events. If you can find a few good spots, post up some pictures and we might be able to have an event up there. We could possibly get the Grand Junction guy to come up too and have a large summer event up there somewhere.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:05 PM   #6

I know of a camp ground on Turquoise Lake that has tons of great places around it and it has a stream next to it with great terrain along side of it. As soon as the snow melts I will drive around and take pictures of some spots.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:10 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Let me/us know. I might be able to hold a comp up there this summer. There is always a good chance that a smaller group of us 3-4 would come up for some camping and crawling!
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubek88 View Post
Hey guys, I am a student at CMC up in Leadville, I was wondering if there was any people around here that run scalers. I am working on finishing mine and wanted to find some guys to run with. If anyone is in the Frisco/Silverthorn area or anywhere up here let me know. Thanks guys.

hey im from edwards CO we should go crawl
jpax10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:19 PM   #9

Sounds great guys, Looks like i better get to work on my scaler! As soon as my tax returns get here im getting it done! I will post pics as soon as possible!
Old 03-06-2010, 10:18 PM   #10

I think I have a spot in mind that is near a camp ground that I might build a trail to run, I will build some bridges and make some rock fields, mud holes and water crossings. I think it would be pretty cool to have a scale comp. trail. As soon as the snow melts i will be hard at work on one. I will post pics when I do.