Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Nice place to stay in Denver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 12:46 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Nice place to stay in Denver

Im taking the family to the Denver Zoo in august , We dont want to stay in the ghetto but I dont want to spend 150/night on a hotel were only gonna sleep in . The Lady wants to stay at the Red lion Hotel , Is that in a good part of town ? Any other suggestions ... Thanks in advance
camobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2010, 01:19 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by camobob View Post
Im taking the family to the Denver Zoo in august , We dont want to stay in the ghetto but I dont want to spend 150/night on a hotel were only gonna sleep in . The Lady wants to stay at the Red lion Hotel , Is that in a good part of town ? Any other suggestions ... Thanks in advance
i dont think its the ghetto. as long as you stay away from colfax you should be good!
kronik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:26 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

I personally dont care , I have a ccp . I just dont want to have to take down some crackhead in front of my kids , See we dont have a big crack problem here in S.D. She wants to be in a nice part of town . Not saying theres a crack head epidemic in D town , we just live in a small town where you dont see stuff like that . I grew up in N.J. so Im used to it.
camobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:24 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by camobob View Post
I personally dont care , I have a ccp . I just dont want to have to take down some crackhead in front of my kids , See we dont have a big crack problem here in S.D. She wants to be in a nice part of town . Not saying theres a crack head epidemic in D town , we just live in a small town where you dont see stuff like that . I grew up in N.J. so Im used to it.
you should be fine bro! like i said. as long as you stay away from colfax, you shouldnt see any crackheads or prostitutes! lol

oh yeah---- i love your signature!
Old 04-03-2010, 09:24 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

I agree, stay away from colfax
neoakaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:28 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakaj View Post
I agree, stay away from colfax
Old 04-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #7
[HOONIGAN]

If this is the one you're planning on staying in, it should be nice. http://redlion.rdln.com/HotelLocator....aspx?metaID=5
RPMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Cool

Surely we don't have that kinda' problem with people like that running around the spring's now do we,...?!! - Why surely we don't - Do' we...?!! For I'd rather just save my money - and spend it on having a good time instead' - and just as well' - go on and sleep outta my 1:1' park out somewhere up on high'- under the big blue sky'- with my dog' laying beside me and my ol'Ruger blackhawk magnum' stuff under my pillow' - and asleep with just one eye' - and I'd be just fine' I Reckon'so - Scoot'.

Last edited by scootertrash; 04-03-2010 at 04:23 PM.
scootertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:55 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I have stayed at the stapleton red lion and its fine. I would just priceline a hotel when you get in town. Usually you can get a smoking deal the day of. There are some hotels around colorado blvd which are about 5 minutes south of the zoo.
69CrazyHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:09 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69CrazyHorse View Post
I have stayed at the stapleton red lion and its fine. I would just priceline a hotel when you get in town. Usually you can get a smoking deal the day of. There are some hotels around colorado blvd which are about 5 minutes south of the zoo.
you sound just like the guy from price line! "you could get a great deal on your room by shopping with price line" now thats a great deal!
Old 04-04-2010, 04:47 PM   #11

You're paying for a hotel to see the Denver Zoo? I haven't been there in a few years but I heard that it really sucks now..

As to your question, just like kronik said, stay away from colfax and you should be good.
RoxKrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxKrawlin View Post
You're paying for a hotel to see the Denver Zoo? I haven't been there in a few years but I heard that it really sucks now..

As to your question, just like kronik said, stay away from colfax and you should be good.
its not too bad at all! i went with my girls family not too long ago and between the museum and the zoo it was a good day! lots to see and lots to do!
Old 04-04-2010, 09:55 PM   #13
Gettin’ back on the horse

Yeah the Denver zoo is great! Plus the Museum is right next store and just a few blocks down is the Botanical Garden.

Colfax really is not that bad a lot of small car dealerships and pawn shops. Its funny that everyone that is afraid of Colfax doesn't even live in Denver...
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:07 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
Yeah the Denver zoo is great! Plus the Museum is right next store and just a few blocks down is the Botanical Garden.

Colfax really is not that bad a lot of small car dealerships and pawn shops. Its funny that everyone that is afraid of Colfax doesn't even live in Denver...
ive been down that road manymany times! over 40 concerts at the fillmore and blue bird, and hundreds of trips to casa bonita! and i have to say. every time ive been down that road, there are prostitutes and drug deals going down! compared to the rest of denver, colfax is horrible! and im not afraid of it! he is from a small town and doesnt want his kids to see that kinda stuff. so if your in denver and you wanna stay away from crackheads and prostitutes.... whats the one road you wanna stay away from? COLFAX! lol im sure its not the only road but you can go down colfax any time of day and you will see prostitues and drug dealers on damn near every other corner!

the botanical garden is bad ass! ive only been there once but it was for sure a cool place to visit!
Old 04-04-2010, 10:13 PM   #15
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik View Post
ive been down that road manymany times! over 40 concerts at the fillmore and blue bird, and hundreds of trips to casa bonita! and i have to say. every time ive been down that road, there are prostitutes and drug deals going down! compared to the rest of denver, colfax is horrible! and im not afraid of it! he is from a small town and doesnt want his kids to see that kinda stuff. so if your in denver and you wanna stay away from crackheads and prostitutes.... whats the one road you wanna stay away from? COLFAX! lol im sure its not the only road but you can go down colfax any time of day and you will see prostitues and drug dealers on damn near every other corner!

the botanical garden is bad ass! ive only been there once but it was for sure a cool place to visit!

Ummmm, was this in a movie you saw? Colfax is not that bad.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:22 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Thats what it sounds like to me...

There is a really nice super Walmart and a few brand new shopping centers right at Wads and colfax that appear to be crack free.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:43 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
Thats what it sounds like to me...

There is a really nice super Walmart and a few brand new shopping centers right at Wads and colfax that appear to be crack free.
well as of the last time i was up there, thats what i saw on colfax with my own two eyes. i know it used to be ALOT worse. but im just stating what i saw last time and every time i have been driving on colfax! so calm down guys! my whole point was that colfax is the only road you really have to be worried about seein that stuff!
theres no need to put me down and act like colfax is your back yard. and just because you live in denver and i dont, doesnt mean i dont know what im talking about! everyone knows that colfax is known for that kinda thing!
im just letting him know what colfax is known for so his kids dont see it!
Old 04-05-2010, 05:36 AM   #18
MODERHATER™

I was not putting you down, nor do I live in Denver. I am just saying it is not even close as you call it.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #19

Quote:
Wow calm down there, your not being attacked and no one is putting you down. For having a stoner user name you sure are wound up...

There are worse roads in Denver then Colfax, I think it gets such a bad rap because it is so long(26.1 miles), there has to be something bad eventually.
Not arguing, just stating my opinion, same as you.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:57 AM   #20
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
ive been down that road manymany times! over 40 concerts at the fillmore and blue bird!
The few blocks between those 2 concert venues gets pretty bad sometimes, but the other 26 miles isn't that bad.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote