Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Just saying HI.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Just saying HI.

Just introducing myself. My name is cody, live in boulder and seem to have a problem. I have become addicted to crawling!! I know nothing about it though and would like to step up and compete sooner then later.

If anyone near boulder wants to help a new guy out with some help on his rig untill he can get a better one

Its having issues and i dont really have tools to fix it or the knowledge.
Fattymojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2010, 09:25 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

I dont live near boulder but if you ever need advice on anything shoot me a PM.

Welcome

Do you have a comp style or a scaler crawler?
neoakaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:40 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Its kinda comp but kinda not. But only cause it needs alot of work.

I got it used and im not sure what motor is in it because its label is all scratched up and i cant read it. Rooster crawler, i believe some sort of axial axle. VF dig thats not functional because i messed up the servo when i put it in wrong...SW3 chassis.

No power in reverse and all the wiring needs to be re done because its falling apart :P

I have been considering trying to get into a new rig but not sure if i should just upgrade this one.
Considering a brushless system.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:19 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

no need for a new crawler... unless you are buying another used crawler or planning to go to a different type like Berg(MOA)....you have a better than stock chassis. Just upgrade parts as you can. You'll find that most all crawlers are not stock except for axles and tranny once you make them comp worthy. If you are new and plan to compete then you will probably run in sportsman class, no dig needed for sportsman so if you can't fix that right away then no problem. I don't know much about fixing your rooster but that might be the first replacement. I personally run the sidewinder on my Axial and the Tekin FXR would be my next choice.

There are comps every weekend and you'll find lots of good advice in person there. Come to Hobbytown on 92nd and Wads this Saturday, there is a comp that starts at 9 AM. Bring your crawler with you.

spend some time in the forum here and with some searching you can find the answer to almost any question you have also. there are alot of free or very inexpensive mods you can do also.

Welcome to the addiction.
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I might be able to work that out. I work untill 8am so i might get there right in time. How much is it to enter the comp and toss my money away :P
Old 05-17-2010, 10:46 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

James you actually posted in my thread about what crawler to buy. Maybe if i see more in action i can decide what i might like the most. I will try my best to come down on Saturday. I was actually there i think during the swap meet but had no clue what was going on lol.

Last edited by Fattymojo; 05-17-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:41 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

ah lol, ya not much crawling during the swap meet, they were gonna have a fun comp but it turned out to just be a chill day.

comps are always $5 to enter. They welcome new crawlers and everyone will help you out as far as rules and all that fun stuff. we have a good time for sure.

Actually the comps don't start til 10am this series and last all day. I'd like them to start earlier but them Hobbytown people must be night owls so they start late. so even if you don't comp or can make it by 10 come on down and check out the crawlers.
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:50 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Yeah ill try to be there for sure. Maybe try the comp for fun.