Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Another stolen rig(s)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Another stolen rig(s)

Soon RCCrawler is gonna need to have a "stolen rigs" section just like Pirate4x4! It's been a rough week, but on Wednesday morning someone broke into my garage, and stole my Berg & my Venom Creeper. To add insult to injury, they also got my buddy's AX-10.(he left it here so I could swap some electronics) Also gone is a DX3r, DX3e, Oynx charger, balancer, 4 lipos, spares, a bunch of hex drivers, tool box, the kitchen sink..........
The Berg had: El Nino chassis, Tekin FXR, Punk Dig, Hitec 7955, Vanquish DH comps/Sedonas & Vanquish SLWs/Rovers
The Creeper had: digital camo chassis plates, Tekin FXR, CKRC behind the axle steering, Hobbico CS-170 servo, black Eritex comp solids/Panther Leopards
The AX-10 had: black Proline tuber body, HB Rovers, dark green Axial chassis plates
If you need any distinguishing details, please PM me.
Thx, Paul
crwlnCreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2010, 10:30 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Sorry to hear it Paul. I will keep my eyes and ears out for them.

People really PISS me off!
Slickrock450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:43 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

wow people have no respect anymore. sorry to hear man. I really hope you get everything back
PontiacGT201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:41 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Interesting too if they only stole your RC stuff, makes me think it was someone who knew you had it.

I'll keep an eye out for sure and am really sorry to hear this.
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 01:14 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

also craigslist....we recovered 3 now that i know of from people selling them on craigs list in the denver metro....of course check the pawn shops and such as well....if you file a police report and them find them things can get alot better real fast...we had a pass and snatch/house invasion style incident at my place recently...they stole my partners 3k mtb from the living room...shitty part is i was sleeping in the berdroom about 15 feet away and woke up to here the door shut...by the time i got to the door and realized what happened they were gone.... best of luck to you and james has a point most theft happens by people you know its a sad reality but it happens.......
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:08 AM   #6

Sorry to hear about another crawler (or more than one) being taken. If you have any pictures you could post than they would be easier to spot. Good luck
icer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:39 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by James003 View Post
Interesting too if they only stole your RC stuff, makes me think it was someone who knew you had it.

I'll keep an eye out for sure and am really sorry to hear this.
x2 hate to say it but it mite be a neighbor,sounds like they know what they wanted.
chicostaxxs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:56 AM   #8
Gettin’ back on the horse

You got any photos of the rigs?
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:29 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Some buddies and I had a backyard comp last Saturday, and we figure someone in the 'hood' saw us and what goods we had. Yeah, we are calling them the RC Bandits since they walked right past a $200 Momo steering wheel sitting on my rock buggy, and went for the good stuff..................my Berg! Been checking the pawn shops; called the cops in the first 10 minutes; been dealing with the insurance co.; etc, etc. Trying to posts pics, but the resizing isn't cooperating. Thanks for all the leads and ideas.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

That sucks to hear man, I hate thieves! What part of town do u live in? Iwould also suggest letting the hobby towns know also. Definitely let Marty know at the south one, if they can't figure something out, he would end up being the one called on.
THnCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:16 PM   #11
DOOH!!!

Sorry to hear..

We'll keep an eye out down south, I'll check back for the pics.. We had one walk away from a comp last year..
MTHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:04 PM   #12
Got Worms?

Sorry to here about that, I'll try and keep a look out down here in grand junction if for some reason it ends up down here, never know but it might.

Thats the bad part of stealing a crawler, their all unique and if its seen by a rcc member, then they are screwed, lol
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #13
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwlnCreeper View Post
Soon RCCrawler is gonna need to have a "stolen rigs" section just like Pirate4x4! It's been a rough week, but on Wednesday morning someone broke into my garage, and stole my Berg & my Venom Creeper. To add insult to injury, they also got my buddy's AX-10.(he left it here so I could swap some electronics) Also gone is a DX3r, DX3e, Oynx charger, balancer, 4 lipos, spares, a bunch of hex drivers, tool box, the kitchen sink..........
The Berg had: El Nino chassis, Tekin FXR, Punk Dig, Hitec 7955, Vanquish DH comps/Sedonas & Vanquish SLWs/Rovers
The Creeper had: digital camo chassis plates, Tekin FXR, CKRC behind the axle steering, Hobbico CS-170 servo, black Eritex comp solids/Panther Leopards
The AX-10 had: black Proline tuber body, HB Rovers, dark green Axial chassis plates
If you need any distinguishing details, please PM me.
Thx, Paul
Here are the photos of the rigs.

Oh and from past experience I almost guarantee it is the kids in your neighborhood. Every time I have seen this happen it is always some kid, that saw it in your garage or you playing with it.

I would head over there and express your concern to the parents.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I sure wish we could go back to public hangings on main street.

That way everyone would be able to see what happens to the wicked.
70duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:04 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by THnCS View Post
That sucks to hear man, I hate thieves! What part of town do u live in? Iwould also suggest letting the hobby towns know also. Definitely let Marty know at the south one, if they can't figure something out, he would end up being the one called on.
Live in the Ivywild part of town (this week I'm calling it the 'Projects'). The 'Rock Ranch' where we had the comp overlooks Motor City. Left some pics today for Marty; I'll have to stop back in this week and talk to him.
Hey Turtle, thanks for posting pics!
Old 09-18-2010, 11:26 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

it's to hard for people to work i will look hear in pueblo
Steve13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:47 PM   #17
Holdin my 40oz.

I will keep my eyes out for your rigs man. I work at the HT in wetminster and help alot of crawler people out. Trust me on this one...if someone walks into our store with any one or hopefully all of them they wont leave with them. That I guarantee I will let all the employees know tommorow morning and if the thieves come into my store they will regret it big time.
Ralphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:55 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

^^^^Thanks!^^^^ And hopefully I'll be back up running w/ with an ins. co. replacement or my returned Berg by the time you get the rocks moved at HTW!
Old 09-20-2010, 08:49 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwlnCreeper View Post
^^^^Thanks!^^^^ And hopefully I'll be back up running w/ with an ins. co. replacement or my returned Berg by the time you get the rocks moved at HTW!
*think of doin a newsbite as well. In your town and denver news stations. Make them aware of rc crawler thieves. Itll get results.
jayboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Any word?

We are vigilant at the events we crawl at,,and Ill make sure Dan at Finishline RC is aware too.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote