Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Secret Series Kickoff in 2 weeks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 12:24 AM   #1

Default Secret Series Kickoff in 2 weeks

Hey Guys,

We are going to be launching a 6 part series with 1 drop in a couple of weeks. We are calling this event the Secret Series. We choose this name because only the city will be named until 6pm the night before when we give exact location and directions. As far as we know these area's have never been crawled before. It should be a real fun series and there will be huge payout's. At the end of the series there will be prizes for top 3 in each class and also at each event there will be top 3 payout.

There will be a $25 fee to be apart of the series and be tracked to the end of the series. $5 per comp per class.

Top 3 from each comp will take home 15, 10, 5 in cash.

At the end of the series the top 3 from each class will be getting a 250, 150, 100 prize.

We will be giving the top 3 a choice for their prize. As an example 1st in Pro will have a choice of a 4pl, ESC Combo, or Vanquish Package.

We will be running this series on every other Saturday. See below for dates.

Classes will be 2.2 Pro, 2.2 Sportsman, 1.9, and Supers. I have really planned some good area's for supers so bring them out.

We will be launching a similar series for the Scalers soon.

Dates:
We will be running every 2 weeks on Saturday's. Check in time is 9am.

First Event will be (UPDATED DATES)
Saturday April 23rd 4/23 - Golden - Central. The exact location will be announced on 4/15 by 6pm with directions.
Saturday April 30th 4/30 - Westminster - North West
Saturday May 14th 5/14 - Golden - North Central
Saturday May 28th 5/28 - Thornton - North East
Sunday June 12th 6/12 - Westminster - North East
Saturday June 25th 6/25 - Arvada - North West

If there is any crappy weather will will move the event to FLRC.

We will be following standard 2o1o USRCCA Rules

I have really spend a ton of time scouting new areas and so far have about 18 on my list to use. So this should be a really fun series. maybe become a yearly thing.

Now let the questions and crap talk begin!

Last edited by digitaldave303; 04-05-2011 at 12:27 AM. Reason: fix dates
digitaldave303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2011, 09:04 AM   #2

4/16 is also the city crawlers comp! u might wanna change the first comp date?/ check ur dates b4 u post them up. Give us a little more time to get are rigs ready for ur comp instead of 12hr notice, thursday night would b good.

Last edited by hootie; 04-03-2011 at 07:15 PM. Reason: ?
hootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:21 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

4/16 is a city comp so is 5/14 and 6/11 is the sporty nationals
Steve13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #4

Sorry about that I will update with fixed dates ..posted a little late lastnight.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:49 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hootie View Post
4/16 is also the city crawlers comp! u might wanna change the first comp date?/ check ur dates b4 u post them up. Give us a little more time to get are rigs ready for ur comp instead of 12hr notice, thursday night would b good.
that's the whole point, secret locations that haven't been crawled on before. You'll know the dates so your car should be ready. If you mess with your tires and foams or something then just bring them with you I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaldave303 View Post
Sorry about that I will update with fixed dates ..posted a little late lastnight.

no big deal , , easily corrected. Thanks for the effort and work that goes into putting on a series that helps to keep this hobby going, and gives us an excuse to get out and play with our toy trucks. Without those who put on these comps and events, crawling would be nothing. Yet they rarely get the respect they deserve.
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #6

Amen James! It's amazing how some people complain this course is too hard and that one's too easy, but they've never set a course themselves. It's freakin hard to find that middle ground.And that doesn't include the rest of what goes into running a comp. I am grateful that you,Flapjack, Ethan, Niel, and quite a few more I'm forgetting have the energy because I sure don't And thanks to you Digitaldave.I'll help with whatever I can.
lone wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:49 PM   #7

Do what u want dave, just watch the dates u pick for ur comps, and lone wolf I helped Tim case at the HTW comps for over a year and made courses that only some could through.
hootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #8

Sorry for the 12 hour notice but i will tell you that most of the rocks will be similar to what has been crawled in CO and as we all know its gate placement that makes the difficulty level.

I will correct dates so that we dont have 2 comps on the same day but it should be a blast.

I really wanted this series to appeal to people that want to be apart of a series and be able to walk away with a ton in prizes but also fun for people that just show up to one event as there is payouts every event.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:12 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

It sounds like fun. Will be nice to crawl on some virgin rock. Just hope i can make them all and dont have to work on saturdays.
Fordx4Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I'm in!!! If help is needed, let me know how I can help!!
Joe Bonkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

This sounds like a blast!! I am looking forward to it!!
73bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hootie View Post
Do what u want dave, just watch the dates u pick for ur comps, and lone wolf I helped Tim case at the HTW comps for over a year and made courses that only some could through.
right on, I've helped out a little at Finishline. Not much, but enough to gain an appreciation for the mental anguish it can cause. I miss those courses up there, they were always thinkers.
lone wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #13

Yea i want it to be challenging but not extreamly difficult.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:31 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaldave303 View Post
Hey Guys,

We are going to be launching a 6 part series with 1 drop in a couple of weeks. We are calling this event the Secret Series. We choose this name because only the city will be named until 6pm the night before when we give exact location and directions. As far as we know these area's have never been crawled before. It should be a real fun series and there will be huge payout's. At the end of the series there will be prizes for top 3 in each class and also at each event there will be top 3 payout.

There will be a $25 fee to be apart of the series and be tracked to the end of the series. $5 per comp per class.

Top 3 from each comp will take home 15, 10, 5 in cash.

At the end of the series the top 3 from each class will be getting a 250, 150, 100 prize.

We will be giving the top 3 a choice for their prize. As an example 1st in Pro will have a choice of a 4pl, ESC Combo, or Vanquish Package.

We will be running this series on every other Saturday. See below for dates.

Classes will be 2.2 Pro, 2.2 Sportsman, 1.9, and Supers. I have really planned some good area's for supers so bring them out.

We will be launching a similar series for the Scalers soon.

Dates:
We will be running every 2 weeks on Saturday's. Check in time is 9am.

First Event will be (UPDATED DATES)
Saturday April 23rd 4/23 - Golden - Central. The exact location will be announced on 4/15 by 6pm with directions.
Saturday April 30th 4/30 - Westminster - North West
Saturday May 14th 5/14 - Golden - North Central
Saturday May 28th 5/28 - Thornton - North East
Sunday June 12th 6/12 - Westminster - North East
Saturday June 25th 6/25 - Arvada - North West

If there is any crappy weather will will move the event to FLRC.

We will be following standard 2o1o USRCCA Rules

I have really spend a ton of time scouting new areas and so far have about 18 on my list to use. So this should be a really fun series. maybe become a yearly thing.

Now let the questions and crap talk begin!

Could be interesting!

4 classes in one day, time will be tight as usual depending on turnout, of course.

JC
skid plate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:52 PM   #15

we have been thinking about splitting it up a bit for that exact reason skid....its a good point
Old 04-13-2011, 10:39 AM   #16

So some unfortunate things have happened lately and that has cause Van and I to no longer be apart of FLRC. So this secret series we have planned is no longer going to be apart of FLRC. We will still run it as planned but with a few tweaks.

First, we will be changing the series prizes to cash instead of a item from the shop. At each comp we will be increasing the payout as well. I just want to make sure this series is a ton of fun with no drama attached.

Hope to see you all out on the 23rd in Golden.

Make sure to bring the supers i will post some sample pics this week.

HEY MODS: Can you update the main post to not have Finish Line apart of it. Thanks, Dave
Old 04-17-2011, 06:30 PM   #17

here is a sneek peek at next weekends comp area. this is just the super area so i hope we get a good turn out. We also do have some great 2.2 and 1.9 comp lines as well.

I would like to get a rough head count so i can see how many lines we should setup in the AM. Please post if you plan on coming.

Thanks,

Old 04-17-2011, 06:39 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

I plan on being there
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:38 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

If I don't have to work I will be there! How is the parking situation? Looks like its the side of a road!
73bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:51 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73bronco View Post
If I don't have to work I will be there! How is the parking situation? Looks like its the side of a road!
Parking will be easy as there is road and a lot within very short walking distance.