Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Colorado Crawl Off

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #21
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Nationals as in red rocks? Do we get free tickets, or just invited?
Nationals as in Las Vegas, Nevada USRRCA Nationals in September, the reason we are having a crawl off.

Red Rocks is just a Nationals qualifying event and has open registration to everyone.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2011, 06:21 PM   #22
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
Nationals as in Las Vegas, Nevada USRRCA Nationals in September, the reason we are having a crawl off.

Red Rocks is just a Nationals qualifying event and has open registration to everyone.
Oh those finals never paid much attention to national events, our comps are hard enough
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Oh those finals never paid much attention to national events, our comps are hard enough
you're in for a big suprise then.
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #24

Quote:
been looking at 1:1 trails, anyone going to bring 1:1's.
if we are planing on 2 days of fun then i will load up the atv and bring it with me the big beast is fun to crawl
FruitaCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #25
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Malach View Post
you're in for a big suprise then.
yea probably...i don't mind hard/challenging courses, as long as they are possible
Old 05-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Nah i'm just going to take my stock 90' toy on 31's through there

Here's a few pics of our jeep going through billings, according to traildamage.com they're similar difficulties, so i think we'll be fine.

Post your jeep stance

No winch though, but its geared low, lockers, 35's, now worried about body damage, we can push/pull it all out. But rear drive line is bent, so it'll probably be trailered up there.

But i was just talking to my dad, he said he'll think about going up, he's just as broke as i am, so finding the money is the task. He's been out of the rc crawlers for awhile now, so it'll be a 1:1 trip for him. Then i'll have to see if i can get that weekend off if i end up getting my job at the lhs.

But i'll let him know there is people up for running it, not the best idea to tackle one of the hardest trails in colorado alone.

i wouldnt be bringing that into carnage, 40's are the new tire size recommendation, way harder than billings, that thing is way to straight and long... my 127 inch wheel base is even long for trails like this but i have a full cage so it doesnt matter
guapotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:04 PM   #27
Got Worms?

It runs through billings like its a highway As for body damage, its seen it before, we'll just pull the dents back out, no biggy. the back corners do get dinged up quite abit though, bobbing off the tail is planned, just hasn't happened yet.

Its got baby axles too, haven't broke one yet, but we got spares in the tool box, along with the tools to fix anything on it, even have a welder.

I think it'll do it, if not we can tow it are you going up to the crawloff, it most only be a few hours away for you...
Old 05-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

wish the blazer was running in the garage torn apart maybe next time I can run carnage never been their
jojo303d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:40 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by guapotaco View Post
i wouldnt be bringing that into carnage, 40's are the new tire size recommendation, way harder than billings, that thing is way to straight and long... my 127 inch wheel base is even long for trails like this but i have a full cage so it doesnt matter
That's the funniest shit i've ever heard, I run 35's through everything, if you think you have to have 40's to run through Carnage then you should come w/ me and my Buddies someday. LMAO
lwb Sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:08 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
Ok Pickettt only the top 5 will effect the outcome who goes to Nationals. And as per the guidelines for a crawl off a group from each club will set up equal amount of courses for everyone to run.

Does that answer your questions?

The USRCCA GuildeLines are a bare bones default position to be used if clubs can't come to a mutual agreement.

A lot of clubs ask to vary the format to suit the locals needs, or want do something cool like your camp and crawl. My reply is as long as the GROUP is fine with it....GO FOR IT.

State Based Nationals Invite System
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:41 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

This is going to be fun!
Mr Glassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:00 AM   #32
Got Worms?

So for carnage, how important is a winch?

We don't run one on our jeep or even have one...thinking about borrowing one.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:09 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

This could turn out to be a fun weekend. Now i just got to dig out all of my camping gear. Or maybe ill just bring my pop up camper. Will there be room for campers at the comp spot?
Fordx4Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:31 AM   #34
TEAM RCC

Quote:

The exit of Carnage is going to be a mandatory winch with 35's and full body.

Here are some pics of the exit last time i was up there.
Attached Images

CRF450R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:12 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Like CRF said, your probably gonna need to winch the exit, I would also think you might wanna have some spare parts, Front Axle Shafts, Driveshafts, Hubs etc, I say that without knowing what running gear your using. Carnage is one of the more difficult trails in the state, be prepared for that
lwb Sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:25 AM   #36
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwb Sami View Post
Like CRF said, your probably gonna need to winch the exit, I would also think you might wanna have some spare parts, Front Axle Shafts, Driveshafts, Hubs etc, I say that without knowing what running gear your using. Carnage is one of the more difficult trails in the state, be prepared for that
We have spare axle shafts, no driveline's though, the rear one is bent right now (why it'll be trailered up there, to be nice on the rest the drive train and bearings) Not sure what else we have in the tool box, but lots of tools.

I honestly don't know what its running, but so far its proved to be tough...its ran through billings lots of times and other places too.

How long do you think it'll take for us to get through? Been trying to figure out how to fit in some 1:1 crawling w/ the crawl off (i'm top 5 here in junction).
Old 05-11-2011, 08:29 AM   #37
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
How long do you think it'll take for us to get through?
Carnage can take you anywhere from 1 hour to 1 day to run. There is no telling until you are finished.

If you count on it taking an hour, it will take a day, if you count on it taking a day it will take an hour. Murphy's law kinda thing.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #38
Got Worms?

So where are we camping. Is it going to be 5th wheel friendly with hook ups? Or is it tent camping? Also are we all meeting up friday night/evening?
Old 05-11-2011, 06:56 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

Quote:
So where are we camping. Is it going to be 5th wheel friendly with hook ups? Or is it tent camping? Also are we all meeting up friday night/evening?
I'm wondering this too, might bring the family and the toy hauler. It's a 30 footer so I need to figure out where I can set up camp.
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #40
RCC Addict

I'll be hauling the bike up so I'll see you sausage slapers at the end of Carnage
Sparky J is offline   Reply With Quote