Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Hello all, new to the sport

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Hello all, new to the sport

How's it going folks, just entered the crawling world yesterday (long time fan tho), wanted to see if anyone might be able to offer some advice of where to go to run my rig, and any other advice would be killer as well.

Thanks for the help.....
Nutternugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Hey, welcome to the addiction!!

You live in the right state for RC Crawling. Follow the Colorado section, there are comps pretty much weekly here. Every other Friday is the RCH comps. We've been having fun comps (no charge) lately in the middle of the week. That's the best way. Plus there are tons of places to crawl for fun here. The top of this section has an atlas you can check out.
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:09 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I'm running a Losi Nightcrawler, stock, would I be able to hang with some of the rigs around here?
Old 05-17-2011, 10:33 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Welcome to the sport. You can hang with whoever you want to. Everyone here started new at it at one point or another and everyone that i have met for the most part seems to remember it. There is no minimum skill level, just get out and have fun, that's what it's all about. For the most part everyone has been very helpful and i havent been into it all that long but there are some great people here. Where you at in Northglenn? I know there are a few of us that run the scale stuff up north here. Every week or two several of us get together and run stuff just for fun and practice driving, keep an eye out for threads about it depending on weather thinking of doing another fun run this week if we can get the people together.

Last edited by ozyint; 05-17-2011 at 10:36 PM.
ozyint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:40 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutternugz View Post
I'm running a Losi Nightcrawler, stock, would I be able to hang with some of the rigs around here?

The nightcrawler is a very capable rig for the sportsman class. Come on down to RCH on Friday. whether you run or not you can see what people are using and def. get some good advice on tuning and all for your crawler. Don't be afraid to ask people questions, we all are happy to share what we know in this hobby.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:41 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

120th & Washington, do you have any recommendations Out of the gate that I should do to my rig to make it more capable? I threw lead weights in the front wheels but nothing else.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:45 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

First thing i'd do is get some white dot Rovers........best place to buy them local is actually RCH. He has the best price on them at like $17 a pair roughly. The losi guys will have to chime in but after that it's usually a stronger servo and then more wheelspeed....most the losi guys run brushless esc/motor combo.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:49 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Noob talk... This is my first RC ever. What are white dot rovers? I was planning on switching to a brushless motor but it will be a few weeks out.

Last edited by Nutternugz; 05-17-2011 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 05-17-2011, 10:50 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Noob talk... This is my first RC ever. What are white dot rovers? I was planning on switching to a brushless motor but it will be a few weeks out.
sorry....tires Rovers are by far the best all around crawler tires and 95% of us run them here Just changing tires from the stock is a huge upgrade.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

I'm gonna try to make it down to the event on Friday, it's a drive for me but sounds like a good time.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:37 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Hey Nutter this Tony one of the guys you met at HT when you were buyin your NC you definitely need to come down to RCH friday its good times and you can learn alot....
Bigpopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:33 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Welcome to the scene. I'm at 122th and washington.. There some cool places close buy.. Look out behind the shopping center at 136th and Zuni and then over at 108th and Colorado.. Go west on 108th about a half block.. both sides of the street have some neat places to crawl..

RCH in Aurora is a really sweet indoor spot..

For the Losi.. the rovers tires are the best and get some weight in the fronts.. Get everything you can down low in the chassis or on the links themselves. If you're willing to spend some cash, then the servo would be the first place to hit.. At least 200oz or better.. Don't skimp here if you can help it..

Then it's on to shocks and the motor.. most folks use a brushless combo for the motor.. If it were me,. Mamba Max Pro and a Novak 21.5t motor.. That'll set you back a bit, but you won't regret it..
jkwrangler08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:05 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

And you will also want to change up the shock arms. The LCC has adjustable shock arms. And with and couple of changes they will fit. I'll be at RCH friday with my Losi and I'll be more then happy to help you out!Welcome to RC country!!!
Joe Bonkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

WOW, thanks for the friendly responses guys, I look forward to meeting all of you on Friday and picking your brains. Addictive is not the word to decribe this, I'm hooked.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:28 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
WOW, thanks for the friendly responses guys, I look forward to meeting all of you on Friday and picking your brains. Addictive is not the word to decribe this, I'm hooked.
I hear ya. The moment I came home last January with my AX10 crawling has consumed me. By far the funnest hobby i've ever found and to me the best form of RC there is.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

I won't be at RCH but I will be at the RCC comp on Sunday at Buffalo Creek..

If you make that one, I'll be the grey haired and bearded old fart wearing the Ruffneck Crawlerz T-Shirt

I'll have my XR and LCC with me...
jkwrangler08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

I won't be able to make the buffalo creek event, taking my daughter to a place in Broomfield behind century chevy for a picnic and run the Losi on a rock trail. I heard that it is a great place to crawl.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:09 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

there is also a good spot @ croke resivor. its like a block north of 104th on washington. im at 104th and federal... hit me up if yall wanna crawl
big daddy smokes is offline   Reply With Quote