Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Powder Coating?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Powder Coating?

Does anyone know where I should take my tube chassis to get sandblasted and powder coated? I live in Broomfield, so North Denver would be nice.

Thanks.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Hey Dave, might talk to Rodney, he knows a guy. I myself paint all my chassis with flat paint and no primmer. Powder coating lasts a little longer but it still chips. Just my 2 cents.
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2j View Post
Hey Dave, might talk to Rodney, he knows a guy. I myself paint all my chassis with flat paint and no primmer. Powder coating lasts a little longer but it still chips. Just my 2 cents.
Cool, thanks for the info Shon.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:55 AM   #4
R.I.P. Chip

Kyrlon camo flats is what I always use and is also what we have always used on the 1:1's. It's the best quality and the black never ends up turning grey like most brands. It also blends really well so you can do touchups.

With powder coating it looks great until the first time you beat on it then it's all downhill from there.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:06 AM   #5
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Kyrlon camo flats is what I always use and is also what we have always used on the 1:1's. It's the best quality and the black never ends up turning grey like most brands. It also blends really well so you can do touchups.

With powder coating it looks great until the first time you beat on it then it's all downhill from there.

I won't ever powder coat another chassis. It looks like $hit after a while and you can't touch it up like spray paint.
RPMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

POR15 works pretty good and it is also self leveling so touch ups blend well. You can get it in Grey and Black.
lwb Sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:26 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMJ View Post
I won't ever powder coat another chassis. It looks like $hit after a while and you can't touch it up like spray paint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwb Sami View Post
POR15 works pretty good and it is also self leveling so touch ups blend well. You can get it in Grey and Black.
Good to know. Thanks guys, I'll stick to paint. I need to touch up this chassis, been having tons of fun beating on it. I've been through two motors...