Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Sunday, May 5th. Operation: Paradise Found Scale Challenge @ Buffalo Creek

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

It'll be nice to do this in my backyard. I can drive PP9 in my sleep, it just boils down to my rigs durability.

EDIT

That sounded hella cocky. I have no intention of winning lol.
Soulo747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2013, 07:19 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Default Re: Sunday, May 5th. Operation: Paradise Found Scale Challenge @ Pamler Park.

Nice!
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:19 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Default Re: Sunday, May 5th. Operation: Paradise Found Scale Challenge @ Pamler Park.

Alrighty gang, HEADS UP! We are moving the Scale G6 from Palmer Park to Buffalo Creek.

All the same times, set-up and rules just different location, here are all the details on how to get there.

Basic directions from Denver: Take US 285 South and turn left on CO Rd 126/Pine Valley Rd 13.5 miles turn on FR550 and about 1 mile in you will see us on the right.

Directions from Colorado Springs: From I-25 and Colorado Ave. Turn left onto S Limit St. Turn right onto US-24 W/​Cimarron St/​Midland Expy. Continue to follow US-24 W. take a slight right onto CO-67 N. Slight left onto Co Rd 126/​Deckers Rd.Turn left onto Forest Road 550/​Redskin Creek Rd.

There is a sign before the turn that says Wellington Lake. The 550 sign is a bit up the road, not very visible from the main road, Look for some pink survey tape at the turn for 550.

Google GPS 39.344830, -105.271788

We apologize for the location change but at the zero hour we were denied permission for Palmer Park, we hope you all can make it.

Last edited by The Crawl Space; 05-04-2013 at 09:18 AM.
The Crawl Space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #24

Denied permission? who did ya talk to bro? as i understood it from the park caretaker and the park and rec website as folllows:Picnics in the Parks

Host your picnic, BBQ, birthday party, or graduation party in one of our parks! The City of Colorado Springs offers 128 neighborhood parks that groups of 100 or less can use on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please observe the following in addition to all standard Park Rules and Regulations:
• Groups 100 and under can use any neighborhood park first-come, first-served.
• Groups larger than 100 or those wishing to guarantee exclusive use of a site can book one of our reservation sites.
• Groups wishing to set up a bounce house must book on of our reservation sites that allows bounce houses.
• Grills may be brought to your picnic unless a full fire ban is in effect. Propane is preferred as there is nowhere to dump coals in our parks. Wood fires of any type are prohibited.

QUICK LINKS
Neighborhood Park List
Questions?
Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services
Attention: Special Events
1401 Recreation Way,
Colorado Springs, CO 80905
Fax: (719) 385-6505
Questions? Email us

There's is one park caretaker that lives within the park itself and i have met him several times. It is not patroled be cspd unless called by someone. Socorccrawlers have thrown a couple free bbq gtg's with a canopy tent and grill and had thirty people crawling in the rocks with no hassles from the man. Thats why i suggested a free bbq to make it look like a pic-nic and not an event. Maybe this summer when we throw another free bbq you can schedule another shot at a g6 event/pic nic at the world famous palmer park.
Crawler/Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

the stickers lie!
bvrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:30 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler/Madness View Post
Denied permission? who did ya talk to bro? as i understood it from the park caretaker and the park and rec website as folllows:Picnics in the Parks

Host your picnic, BBQ, birthday party, or graduation party in one of our parks! The City of Colorado Springs offers 128 neighborhood parks that groups of 100 or less can use on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please observe the following in addition to all standard Park Rules and Regulations:
• Groups 100 and under can use any neighborhood park first-come, first-served.
• Groups larger than 100 or those wishing to guarantee exclusive use of a site can book one of our reservation sites.
• Groups wishing to set up a bounce house must book on of our reservation sites that allows bounce houses.
• Grills may be brought to your picnic unless a full fire ban is in effect. Propane is preferred as there is nowhere to dump coals in our parks. Wood fires of any type are prohibited.

QUICK LINKS
Neighborhood Park List
Questions?
Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services
Attention: Special Events
1401 Recreation Way,
Colorado Springs, CO 80905
Fax: (719) 385-6505
Questions? Email us

There's is one park caretaker that lives within the park itself and i have met him several times. It is not patroled be cspd unless called by someone. Socorccrawlers have thrown a couple free bbq gtg's with a canopy tent and grill and had thirty people crawling in the rocks with no hassles from the man. Thats why i suggested a free bbq to make it look like a pic-nic and not an event. Maybe this summer when we throw another free bbq you can schedule another shot at a g6 event/pic nic at the world famous palmer park.
We were contacted by one of the higher ups and told we could not have any off trail activities. The park caretakers are great and we've haven't had a problem with them. We don't want to put any ripples in the water at this time so we decided to move the event location.

We're totally open to a BBQ later this summer and will be in touch with the powers that be.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:02 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

Where can I find info on counting scale points? Is it the same as the morrison g6?
bvrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #28
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvrc View Post
Where can I find info on counting scale points? Is it the same as the morrison g6?
2013 SORRCA Scale rules

There is also an app for it. I think it is called the "Scale points calculator".
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
2013 SORRCA Scale rules

There is also an app for it. I think it is called the "Scale points calculator".
I haven't been able to find this scale point app through the app store (Apple). Is this strictly an Android app?

**Edit** I just found the thread on it. Us Apple guys are still app-less. Crud.

Marcus

Last edited by Draggermirage; 05-04-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Draggermirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Hey gang, the first post is updated with directions from Denver and Colorado Springs to the Buffalo Creek site.

We hope some of you can still come out to play toy trucks. We deeply apologize for the last minute change and appreciate everyones understanding in the matter.

If you've never been to Buffalo Creek heres your chance to check out and explore a great site with tons of lines
Old 05-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #31
MODERHATER™

Default Re: Sunday, May 5th. Operation: Paradise Found Scale Challenge @ Buffalo Creek

Sad that someone had to bring it to attention of Colorado Springs...

Good news is it's in my neck of the woods!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

Weak.... Oh well, road trip it is. See you all there. Still.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

I'm still unclear as to why it was moved? We crawl at Palmer every weekend. Anywhere from 2-10 guys with no problems.

Funny how its so much closer to denver now........
Old 05-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #34
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulo747 View Post
I'm still unclear as to why it was moved? We crawl at Palmer every weekend. Anywhere from 2-10 guys with no problems.

Funny how its so much closer to denver now........
It's not really any closer for us east Denver metro guys. It's still 1+ hours.

Palmer with R/C still falls in the same category at Garden Of The Gods and Daniels Park.

Not really supposed to have "motorized vehicles" in that terrain, yet we still do in small groups (<15 people).

It's not really surprising that a lot of these comps are centered around Denver. After all, it is The Crawl Space hosting them. Doesn't make much sense to center the scene away from where the hosts are most effective.

Marcus
Draggermirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #35
Rock Crawler

I understand. I was just looking forward to having one in the backyard.

I understand who is putting it on and who most of the attendees will be, but to me it makes more sense to secure and confirm a location before saying "the comp will be HERE"... When it's not a sure thing. Why not make those calls prior to putting a thread up?

Just wait and post the location until its solid, that's all.

Don't mean to come off whiny at all, just bummed.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #36
Rock Crawler

Regardless, myself, my girl and my daughter a all going and gonna have a blast!
Old 05-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #37
MODERHATER™

Default Re: Sunday, May 5th. Operation: Paradise Found Scale Challenge @ Buffalo Creek

I would rather move the event on short notice than possiably never be able to crawl at Palmer again if you want my opinion! If attention has been drawn that we were going to be there and then we still go, how would you like it if at the entrance on the sign it said "No RCCrawling allowed"? I've been going to Palmer since 2006, it would really suck not be able to go back.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #38

We need to keep this in perspective guy's. crawl space has moved the location and with good reason. No one wants to be hassled while enjoying our sport. I have lived here since 78 and have seen this park go thru a lot of changes. Crawlers in the park do no more damage than all the dog crap off the sides of the trails. They have never banned any activities in the park unless warranted by fire dangers.They hold a yearly bike comp that tears up the park worse than the people do. The problem is the gray area between calling it an event or a pic nic? Next time someone goes crawling keep an eye out for the caretaker and talk to him. He is a very nice older gentlemen. I will call someone Monday at park and rec to clarify the gray area of our fabulous government. We will be throwing another BBQ and fun run at the end of this month and I will have all the answers we need with no hassles from the man.

Sent from space by aliens
Crawler/Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I would rather move the event on short notice than possiably never be able to crawl at Palmer again if you want my opinion! If attention has been drawn that we were going to be there and then we still go, how would you like it if at the entrance on the sign it said "No RCCrawling allowed"? I've been going to Palmer since 2006, it would really suck not be able to go back.
That would suck balls.........

In the interest of playing devils advocate (I want to have fun with everybody tomorrow, bringing the family, I intend to upset no one and thank you crawl space for this awesome event)......

Saying a location is set to go and not having made the necessary calls is poor planning no matter how you slice it. It has nothing to do with losing trail access somewhere. My ONLY point is that it should've been firmed up BEFORE it was posted.......

That's it! And in all honesty, I don't even really care! I go to Palmer so much it'll be nice to crawl a new spot and take a drive with family.......

Like I said before, I can't wait to meet you guys!
Old 05-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

I'm really looking forward to this! Very excited and I'm sorry if my comments came off as assholeish. Not my character, just expressing a thought. It's the Internet after all.

Sunday, May 5th. Operation: Paradise Found Scale Challenge @ Buffalo Creek - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buffalo Creek Pics Hoppa Colorado 1 05-09-2010 09:56 PM
thinkin of gtg at buffalo creek on sunday Fordx4Ranger Colorado 4 05-09-2010 07:56 AM
Tires for Buffalo Creek? rcdude3 Colorado 15 08-25-2009 07:20 PM
Mchugh Creek Scale GTG April 5th 2009 Pics/Video Thread akguanja Alaska 3 06-07-2009 01:58 PM
Buffalo Creek Carnage Sunday Sept 30th WheelChair Videos! 3 10-02-2007 10:33 PM