Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: "Toys for tots" extreme team challenge.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2014, 05:11 PM   #1

Default "Toys for tots" extreme team challenge.

SOCO RC Crawlers presents the first annual "Toys for Tots" extreme team adventure at Palmer park in Colorado Springs. This adventure will be on the west side of the park Sunday October 12th at 10:00 a.m. Entry fee will be one ( 10 dollar ) toy per rig. There will be a 2 man extreme team challenge course as well as a 100 gate family challenge course.. Registration 9-9:30. Drivers meeting 9:30-9:45. Family course will be a leisure start and is focused on family fun with no real winners but the kids. Extreme challenge starts at 10am.

The team extreme course will be comprised of a two man team working together to complete the course layout. At least one rig will need a working winch. You may pick any combination of rigs to compete in the team challenge as the name states IT WILL BE EXTREME to the point of fun, not carnage and will run along with the scale G6 adventure rules.

Rig requirements "Run what you brung"

All scale items/tools i.e. Tow strap,sand rails,super secret snatch blocks or trash-a-roo's must be attached to your rig at all times, unless you are using them. Real tools may be carried by the driver.

A min. of 5 scale points is mandatory.

A tow strap is recommended and can be used for self recovery on the family course only.

A winch is required in the team event but only recommended on the family course as there will be areas that you will have to winch through.

A spare tire is not required,but can be counted as a scale point.

Judging and rules will be covered more in detail at the drivers meeting for the extreme team challenge.

Anyone wishing to help set up courses. Please meet up at 8am

Dropped Pin
near Cheyenne Trail, Colorado Springs, CO 80909
http://goo.gl/maps/EJDJc

This event is focused on having fun and is for the children that are not fortunate enough to have a good Christmas. All toys will be donated to the "toy for tots" foundation in the name of all colorado scale crawlers. Please bring your children and/or a child that would otherwise not be fortunate enough to play with these expensive toys as we will have a couple tester vehicles for the little ones to give a try.
Crawler/Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2014, 08:17 PM   #2

Default Re: "Toys for tots" extreme team challenge.

About Toys for Tots

MISSION:
The mission of the U. S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program is to collect new, unwrapped toys during October, November and December each year, and distribute those toys as Christmas gifts to needy children in the community in which the campaign is conducted.

GOAL:
The primary goal of Toys for Tots is to deliver, through a new toy at Christmas, a message of hope to less fortunate youngsters that will assist them in becoming responsible, productive, patriotic citizens.

OBJECTIVES:
The objectives of Toys for Tots are to help less fortunate children throughout the United States experience the joy of Christmas; to play an active role in the development of one of our nation’s most valuable resources – our children; to unite all members of local communities in a common cause for three months each year during the annual toy collection and distribution campaign; and to contribute to better communities in the future.

ACTIVITIES:
The principal Toys for Tots activity which takes place each year is the collection and distribution of toys in the communities in which a Marine Corps Reserve Unit is located. In communities without a Reserve Unit, the campaign can be conducted by a Marine Corps League Detachment or group of men and women, generally veteran Marines, authorized by Marine Toys for Tots Foundation to conduct a local Toys for Tots campaign. Local Toys for Tots Campaign Coordinators conduct an array of activities throughout the year, which include golf tournaments, foot races, bicycle races and other voluntary events designed to increase interest in Toys for Tots, and concurrently generate toys and monetary donations.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:35 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Will there be "pre-signups" for the team challenge? Or do we just show up and say, "Hey, want to be on my team?"
redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:26 PM   #4

Just show up with a toy for each rig at the event
Old 10-08-2014, 12:57 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

If anybody is buddying up early, be aware, I'm running g my cheater body now �� (and I may nit be able to officially enter, or even be as capable as my old rig)
arbitris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #6

Run what you brung. Team extreme event has no limitations on what you can run as long as your not running cheater comp. tires.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:48 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Oh yeah, I found my class!
Old 10-11-2014, 03:07 PM   #8

Everything is a go for tomorrow. I think we can squeeze it in before we get any weather come through
Old 10-11-2014, 03:48 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Well I got my arm twisted to go out of town this weekend. ..So I won't be able to make tomorrow's event. Hope you guys have fun and collect a bunch of toys.

Telluride this time of year is epic. .
Crawlorado719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:10 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Did anybody happen to pick up a bag with a set of 2.2 beadlocks, ripsaws, and extra foams?
They didn't seem to make it into my truck.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:13 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Thanks George!
Old 10-12-2014, 08:13 PM   #12

Thank you to everyone that attended the toys for tots event at palmer park. We had a great turn out and collected 23 toys to donate. Which means 23 children will get a present for Christmas this year.( golf clap ) Thank you very much for all the volunteers that helped out today and to the pueblo crew for making the trip up. The name held on the extreme course, as I do not believe any teams finished the forty gate course in the allotted 45 mins. I will post the standings tomorrow on how we placed on the extreme course. But I believe the only winners today are the children. Thanks again and I hope everyone had a good time.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:57 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Thanks to everyone who helped set this up. We had a great time and the kids really loved it. Most of our time was spent messing around on the "family" course and just taking our time. Here are a few pics during our venture:

GATOROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:59 PM   #14

Default "Toys for tots" extreme team challenge.

Since no one finished the extreme team course in the allotted 45 minute time limit,everyone takes the max penalty points which is 400 for the course, minus gate progression completed at the 45 minute mark or if you dnf because of breakdown.
1. Tony/Steve 33 gates = 332
2.cy/David 32 gates = 334
3. Cody/tater 28 gates = 344
4. Rick/George 26 gates = 348
5. Mike/josh 25 gates = 350
6. Brandon/Joe 5 gates = 390

We got some great input for future extreme team events. Next one will have 2-3 courses with ten gates with a little more time to focus. Again thank you to all the volunteers that made the first "toys for tots" event such a huge success. We have over 250 dollars worth of toys to donate in the name of all crawlers in our state.

Last edited by Crawler/Madness; 10-14-2014 at 07:09 PM. Reason: typo

"Toys for tots" extreme team challenge. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FVRCRC '09-'10 Comp # 7 "Toys for Tots" JEracing Competitions 0 11-29-2009 07:53 AM
Toys for Tots/Team VALADEZ Hobbies teamvaladezhobb New Mexico 0 11-19-2009 11:17 AM
"Southern Wisconsin Extreme Rock Challenge" presented in part by SCRC rockextreme Competitions 4 05-09-2009 09:34 AM
svsc "toys for tots" sods Pennsylvania 12 12-05-2008 06:17 AM
Svsc "toys For Tots" sods Competitions 0 11-25-2008 12:25 PM