Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Colorado Get together 4/16<<<The official thread!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2005, 02:01 PM   #1
R.I.P. Chip

Default Colorado Get together 4/16<<<The official thread!

To many other threads so here is the info.

When: Saturday April 16,2005 9am
Where: Flatirons, Boulder, CO
Why: So we can all beat Dirk Diggler

I will edit this first post as we get more info. Can one of the Boulder guys give us some good directions on how to get there? Maybe a map for those not famiular with the area.

Do we plan to meet somewhere else first?

Are we gonna have a comp, or just do some bashing?

Whose comp rules will we use?
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2005, 02:07 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

We can meet at my place and then go from there, desribing the area that we will be crawling would be rather difficult. To get my address and phone number shoot me a PM so I don't have it posted on the internet. If we are carpooling up there the guys who are not driving can park their cars in the nearby university parking lot, it is free on the weekends.
BigTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 02:22 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I may be thowing a HUGE wrench into this but:
Are we absolutely SURE that we want to hold this thing at the FlatIrons. I love that spot but I just know that the hippies will call the cops and our day will be ruined! I know that the worst they could do is give us all fines but I would be really ticked off if we had to cut our day short!!!......even if everyone is there to kick my ass!!!!!!
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 02:36 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

yeah, hippies are annoying. didnt someone say that people are allowed on the rocks? as long as we're not littering, setting things on fire, or being too loud and obnoxious then i dont think anyone will mind.
Vitamin_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 02:51 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin_J
yeah, hippies are annoying. didnt someone say that people are allowed on the rocks? as long as we're not littering, setting things on fire, or being too loud and obnoxious then i dont think anyone will mind.
and I didn't see any signs that said, "No RC RockCrawlers Allowed"
Old 04-12-2005, 02:54 PM   #6
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin_J
Hello!!!! Boulder!!!!
I have much concern about this, hippies are not open minded people.
Because of the size of the group I am sketchy but I will not say anything more, this is not my event. I think it is Jason and Digler's event so they should make the final call on where and what rules to run.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 02:55 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Just drove up there to check things out. The furthest we will ever be from the parking lot is about a 5-10 minute hike. Also the area that I am thinking about crawling in for the get together is not used by climbers and there is only one trail that leads to the area. Last weekend we had 5 trucks running up there and seems that most people are simply curious as to what we are doing. Most of these hikers are college kids so they all think it looks like fun. I believe as long as we are out of hikers' ways and stay away from the bouldering walls we will be ok. Busted and I have been going up the Irons for a long time now and we have never even recieved a nasty look from a hiker or climber nor have I seen any forest rangers or law enforcement up there.

The area is looking good as far as snow goes. All the snow is melted off the rocks but the trails are still covered and in parts muddy, so bring boots. In some areas there actual waterfall obsticles complete with running water, looked like a blast! Griz, there are areas on the trail that will give your little red wagon some trouble so you might want to assemble a small toolbox.

I personally think we would have more fun up there if we were just bashing and perhaps start a comp if someone finds some fun lines.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:01 PM   #8
R.I.P. Chip

The area sounds good to me except for the mud, I hate mud, but this weekend I'm not sure we'll find anywhere without mud.

I think our other 2 choices are Dirks place (which will be closer for the Utah guys coming from highlands ranch) or Rocks place which hasn't been seen by anyone, and is the farthest for just about everyone.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:03 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

I am certain the muddy will be mostly gone by saturday and most of the obsticles are already dry. Jason you are right, mud does suck but the mud limited to the flatter ground so our trucks should be safe.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:08 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
The area sounds good to me except for the mud, I hate mud, but this weekend I'm not sure we'll find anywhere without mud.

I think our other 2 choices are Dirks place (which will be closer for the Utah guys coming from highlands ranch) or Rocks place which hasn't been seen by anyone, and is the farthest for just about everyone.
I doubt that anything in my area will be without snow. We got TONS!!!
What about Bunce?
If not........FlatIrons it is. If we get nailed, we'll just have to pick up and go to a different area!
Old 04-12-2005, 03:23 PM   #11
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeDigler
What about Bunce?
Most likely too much snow, however Ace said he would check it out after werk today or tomorrow.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 04:03 PM   #12
RCC Addict

The big thing with the FlatIrons is not to take all the parking, and not to bring your shop with you. Every time I have been up there, and Big Tex and I have been going for a year now, most people are curious about the trucks and what we do with them. If you're prepared, and act like a responisble adult things will go great. Also, we can meet at the Einstien Bros Bagels at Basline and Broadway in Boulder. Plenty of parking for people to leave thier car and then carpool up to the rocks.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 04:15 PM   #13
Ace
Rock Crawler

[QUOTE=bustedcrawler]If you're prepared, and act like a responisble adult things will go great. QUOTE]

Sorry Pete, you best stay home!

I'm still planning on going to look at Bunce tomorrow.

Carpooling will be key, not many spots up there close.

Flatirons is way cool for terrain though, no problems there.

I found this link to an Allenspark cam (Allenspark is real close to Bunce). The snow there has melted a bunch today.

http://www.dickgilbert.com/colocam-allenspark1.htm
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 04:19 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

[QUOTE=Ace]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedcrawler
If you're prepared, and act like a responisble adult things will go great. QUOTE]

Sorry Pete, you best stay home!

I'm still planning on going to look at Bunce tomorrow.

Carpooling will be key, not many spots up there close.

Flatirons is way cool for terrain though, no problems there.

I found this link to an Allenspark cam (Allenspark is real close to Bunce). The snow there has melted a bunch today.

http://www.dickgilbert.com/colocam-allenspark1.htm
I was thinking the same thing. I guess I won't be attending.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:26 PM   #15
RCC Addict

How about meeting for breakfast!! Maybe the bagel joint on broadway and baseline first. Then we can pile into selected vehicals. Mines open for at least 5 and all there gear.
Sparky J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 05:45 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

let's just be clear on where we're meeting. bigtex said his place, someone else said mcdonald's, digler said einstein's.

and a time, i wanna meet early so we can get a good start on the day.

other than that i think we're set.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:48 PM   #17
R.I.P. Chip

einsteins bagels is the official meeting place
Old 04-12-2005, 05:57 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Sounds good einstien tech nine it is.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:31 PM   #19
R.I.P. Chip

OK folks here is a map of where we are meeting. From there we will carpool and go to the event site.

Take hwy 36 to baseline go left a couple of blocks and we'll be at einstein bros. bagels for some breakfast. We'll meet there at 9am and leave from there at 9:30
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2005, 07:20 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

sweet