Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Is there any loyalty now days???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 10:09 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Is there any loyalty now days???

This week I have tried to purchase 3 items off here, I ask for the pay pal and tell them I want to buy the items and they reply that someone else has just bought it. Tell me that you are working with someone else or there is a deal pending or something. Its starting to irritate me ( if you can't tell)
washracer_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2009, 10:40 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

There is apparently some loyalty to the first person that responds, either here or if posted elsewhere then on there. I have the same policy.
If you were the first respondent you'd expect to get first crack at an item, right? What loyalty are you expecting exactly?
pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #3
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by washracer_11 View Post
This week I have tried to purchase 3 items off here, I ask for the pay pal and tell them I want to buy the items and they reply that someone else has just bought it. Tell me that you are working with someone else or there is a deal pending or something. Its starting to irritate me ( if you can't tell)
I don't understand? If they say that "Someone just bought it" what's the problem? First come first serve. Should they skip over the first person to respond and sell it to you before them? You have to be quick on here And I know a few things about buying stuff on here
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:55 PM   #4
RCC Addict

i have had great luck on this forum . everyone i have delt with is straight up. i have missed a few items i have wanted to buy .just not quick enough on the p.m.'s. you could post up in the wanted section. i usually get a good response from there.
BILLYGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:56 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

2 out of the 3 Times I was told they were mine and to send the pay pal and before I can get it off I get another message saying someone already sent the money? But whatever I guess I just have to send the money without talking to the seller If i want the Item and hopefully they don't have to refund the money.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:58 PM   #6
RCC Addict

I solely blame kenny if i go to buy something and its gone.
DiEzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiEzel View Post

me too, he is sneaky
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:14 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
2 out of the 3 Times I was told they were mine and to send the pay pal and before I can get it off I get another message saying someone already sent the money? But whatever I guess I just have to send the money without talking to the seller If i want the Item and hopefully they don't have to refund the money.

No, In that case the seller sold it from under you. Never just send money. No, it wasn't cool but what can you do. Just deal with respected buyers from now on. I check the seller's feedback before I even send a pm.
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:14 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiEzel View Post
Ha Ha ok now I know what's going on:-P
Old 01-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
2 out of the 3 Times I was told they were mine and to send the pay pal and before I can get it off I get another message saying someone already sent the money?
thats different. I wonder if maybe you arent communicating to seller how soon you'll send payment? If you are telling them you want to buy it and to send paypal info (I presume in same PM) are they responding with confirmation you're the buyer but not giving you paypal info? I'm confused.

You PM someone your interest to buy it. They respond saying its yours. Dont they also give paypal or payment info in that PM response? It all seems odd, and I'm sure I am missing something here...
pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #11
RCC Addict

I'm having the opposite problem. I notify the first person who PMed me give them paypal addy and then I hear nothing back. WTF, then I finally get a hold of them and there like oh I can't afford it right now.

Why would you even try to buy something you don't have the money for.
hitman46mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:51 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantablo View Post

Dont they also give paypal or payment info in that PM response?

You know as simple as that sounds, no. I'm not speaking for washracer but I have been told that an item was mine before without getting any info. As soon as I asked for info, I was told that the item just sold. LOL
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:14 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger View Post
me too, he is sneaky
I remeber when Unimoger was the RCC sniper. Everything I tired to buy back then was already sold to him. It was very frustrating.
polyophio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:23 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I have only great experiences buying or selling here on RCC everyone has been really fair in every aspect except for that sneaky Tattoo Kenny.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:00 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman46mod View Post
I'm having the opposite problem. I notify the first person who PMed me give them paypal addy and then I hear nothing back. WTF, then I finally get a hold of them and there like oh I can't afford it right now.

Why would you even try to buy something you don't have the money for.
First to pay gets it from me. I have bought and sold on forums for a long while. Been bit by the I'll get you the money thing.

I always tell them, the first to PayPal gets it, then I refund if another comes in second.

Of course, if I know the guy I will always wait.
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:10 PM   #16
Adilynsdad too!

Kenny did it...

I mean come on, someone with all that ink has to be guility
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:12 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by braceysdad View Post
Kenny did it...

I mean come on, someone with all that ink has to be guility
Says a guy who steals from Kids!
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #18
Adilynsdad too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer4Life View Post
Says a guy who steals from Kids!
I have tattoos so that makes it okay
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:26 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Well, what gets me is when someone says that they want it but need a few days to pay for it and then when the few days has gone by they back out. This has happened to me numerous times on here. I guess I need to quit being the nice guy and just sell to whoever instead of doing the favor and holding it.
curve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:24 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Its about comunication. If I really want to buy it and dont have the cash at the moment I will ask if I can pay later and give a set time and date I will pay. If they turn down the offer it is their choice. Heck I missed the winch today cuz I was trying tio figure out my tires rims issue. Heck I am waiting on response to buy from 2 different ppl as we speak. I will pay soon as they tell me it is still avail. Never send the cash till it is agreed apon. Yep Ive been beat to the pay/pal also... It happens deal with it. or find it in a store and pay full price. Its how the swapshop works here.
On my other forums we are able to post in the thread that we want to buy and others can see it.

Another issue I have seen here is when sellers do NOT update their post's and others will try and buy it long after it is sold. Sometimes you can go back and find things that never sold and you might get a better deal I have.............
Updateing posts in the classifieds should be attended to more closely by some sellers...
Its a dog eat dog world out there early bird gets the worm..... Stay sharp and watch the classifieds closely...Good deals will go in secinds somtimes.
Then there may be some less than honost sellers that will sell to a person of their chooseing and not in order that kinna stinks but what can ya do......
If ya feel you have been screwed dont deal with them anymore.....
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote