Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Deleting ads once items are sold

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Deleting ads once items are sold

I tried a search of this section using the keywords "classifieds, delete, sold" and didn't find the answer, so here's my question:

Would it make sense to have people simply remove their items from the classifieds section once they are sold? It's frustrating to see an ad for an item I want, click on it only to find out that the seller took the time to add the word "SOLD" at the very bottom of the ad. This behavior is especially frustrating when there are multiple items in the ad or the ad is photo-heavy.

So, "Sell it, Remove ad"? Make sense?
Pete from Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2009, 08:29 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

It can be beneficial for the seller to mark items as sold when there are mulitples in the ad...it shows that the items are moving, and may promote the sale of the rest of the items for the seller.

I understand your gripe though.
CreepyCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:43 PM   #3
www.team3sixrc.com

when I am selling multiples. I simply remove the one that sold from the listing, once everything has sold I delete the listing. I just keep one record of the transaction in my P.M. file so i can refer to it and keep the paypal record in my email until the transaction is complete.

No sence on keeping threads open on stuff already SOLD just to waste drive space
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete from Houston View Post
I tried a search of this section using the keywords "classifieds, delete, sold" and didn't find the answer, so here's my question:

Would it make sense to have people simply remove their items from the classifieds section once they are sold? It's frustrating to see an ad for an item I want, click on it only to find out that the seller took the time to add the word "SOLD" at the very bottom of the ad. This behavior is especially frustrating when there are multiple items in the ad or the ad is photo-heavy.

So, "Sell it, Remove ad"? Make sense?

NO!
jeepcj578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:04 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcj578 View Post
NO!

OK, now that the vodka has worn off (I assume), how about explaining why not?
Pete from Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:20 PM   #6
RCC Addict

because if it don't sell, and they delete it in 5 day after it was listed, people will try and re-list items before the 15 day rule.

this way it is less work for a mod, they are able to see if a person is trying to list the same item twice, they can see the orig post still.

i know what your saying thou you see the title and say hell ya thats what i need, (CLICK) ah crap its sold

some people will edit the whole post and put sold and some will put sold at the bottom, some people are to lazy to fully edit there post.
i try to remove pics and text most of the time for that reason, but i to forget some times
Old 08-04-2009, 01:29 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Leaving it all there and adding "Sold" where appropriate also leaves a bit of "documentation" and/or "traceability." Things can be edited after the fact, obviously, but in the event of a dispute amongst members, at least some documentation (descriptions/pictures of items) may be better than none.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinCA View Post
Leaving it all there and adding "Sold" where appropriate also leaves a bit of "documentation" and/or "traceability." Things can be edited after the fact, obviously, but in the event of a dispute amongst members, at least some documentation (descriptions/pictures of items) may be better than none.

good point
Old 08-05-2009, 06:28 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinCA View Post

well it also goes back to feedback if you think someone is shady dont buy from them, i just think its stupid to go thru the classified and be like oh wow i need that, oh crap it sold 3 damn days ago. you know what goes thru my head is why did the retard leave his ad up. "documentation" and/or "traceability goes back to the whole reason i us paypal for everything..... then you dont have to cover your arse they do it for you.
dragit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I like having the item left up, see below. Yeah it's dissapointing to open a thread looking for something you want and it's sold.

I would like to see them left up with the price still visible. Alot of people put SOLD where the price used to be. In a photography forum I visit they leave the price up to help give people a better idea of what that particular item goes for used. They still mark it SOLD with big red letters but it's next to the asking price for the item. Helps save alot of "how much do you think this is worth" threads OR thread bashing cuz someone is asking $20 more than it usually sells for.

I know that alot of time it sells for a few dollars less than asking but at least it gives a potential seller of the same item a ball park figure of what their item is going for.

Just my .02
RustlerHustler is offline   Reply With Quote