Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Newb sick of newbs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Newb sick of newbs.

I realize I'm still new to the crawling world and we are getting new members each day. But even as a newb myself, I get tired of seeing the same questions. We see the same thing everyday, "Which one should I get?" And then we see the same answers.

Would it be possible to sticky a topic about this? Maybe a topic that highlights the 3 most common crawler brands out there, Axial, Losi, and Venom. Include answers like initial costs, parts availability, capabilities, and pros and cons of each one. Atleast then new members can find some of the answers without having to ask again and again.

Just a thought. I'll even buy a star if it happens!
Sydwaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2009, 02:57 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

great idea i bet i see 2-10 of these threads a week, "what should i get" "this or that"
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
MODERATOR™

Look at the post count difference between you two and it shows you signed up pretty close to each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s View Post
great idea i bet i see 2-10 of these threads a week, "what should i get" "this or that"
So instead of posting the same thing 800 more times than the other guy, get cracking on making something worth sticking.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Even if it was stickied, it wouldnt get read. Hell, the rules are stickied at the top of the forum in BRIGHT GREEN LETTERS and nobody reads them....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:07 PM   #5

I still don't know which one to get.I read way too much about these crawlers gizmos.I have have a lot of Associated cars ,losi cars and even a low end 1/8 scale .These cars never had any issues about things that brake, melt, or disintegrate.And,. I can slam one into a wall at 30 mph and come out with hardly a scratch.I think that's why us newbies ask our dumb^%& questions.And,on top of all that, the economy sucks right now.I don't have the money to throw away anymore.So I'm taking a different approach to buying things these days.Its called asking questions.They may be repetitive but that's my prerogative.So try and have some patience with us poor old newbie people, we just go about things a little slower that we used too jimmy.p. this is an awsome website
timeout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:15 PM   #6
www.team3sixrc.com

Theres rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Even if it was stickied, it wouldnt get read. Hell, the rules are stickied at the top of the forum in BRIGHT GREEN LETTERS and nobody reads them....
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:00 PM   #7
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeout View Post
I still don't know which one to get.I read way too much about these crawlers gizmos.I have have a lot of Associated cars ,losi cars and even a low end 1/8 scale .These cars never had any issues about things that brake, melt, or disintegrate.And,. I can slam one into a wall at 30 mph and come out with hardly a scratch.I think that's why us newbies ask our dumb^%& questions.And,on top of all that, the economy sucks right now.I don't have the money to throw away anymore.So I'm taking a different approach to buying things these days.Its called asking questions.They may be repetitive but that's my prerogative.So try and have some patience with us poor old newbie people, we just go about things a little slower that we used too jimmy.p. this is an awsome website

There is a wealth of knowledge here on this forum.
No one asks that people don't ask questions.
But when you can simply find the answer in the tread just below the thread posted with the question, it does get old.
Read, use the search feature, then if the answer can't be found, ask away.

I hear you on the "not throwing money away" thats why my best advise would be to spend the time reading/researching before spending any hard earned cash.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:19 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Don't get me wrong timeout. I just feel that there could be a sticky post that would alleviate the redundancy of the same questions and answers being posted time after time. I know there will always be some though. I do try and answer newb posts when I can if I feel I have something valuable to add. In fact, I'm sort of guilty myself. I just looked at one of my first post but I asked how other people decided on their first and not which one to get. I know if there was a sticky post comparing the 3, I definately would have read it.

team3six, yeah I think there are rules! But since they are stickied at the top, I generally skip them too! I think a newb post should be stickied at the bottom next to the newest topic that way it looks like a normal post and more people would read it.
Sydwaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:41 PM   #9
Suck it up!

Stickies won't change anything other than having something to reference when someone asks one of those questions.

Maybe it should go like this....

"What should I get?" sticky is created with in depth info about different brands/models.

30 seconds later, noob starts thread titled "What should I get"?

Link to sticky and gentle reminder to search and read stickies is given, then thread is locked. Noob reads linked thread. Meanwhile, noobs thread goes away in rapid fashion as other threads get posted. Forum is kept clean and tidy, Mod takes pride in a job well done, everyone moves on with thier lives.

Another option is to have a default (and unchangable) sig for 30 days that says "Still learning to use "search" and read the stickies before asking questions". That'll keep those two ideas in their heads.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:14 AM   #10
Who's your Daddy-0!

Talking Please show us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeout View Post
These cars never had any issues about things that brake, melt, or disintegrate.And,. I can slam one into a wall at 30 mph and come out with hardly a scratch.
Well here is some info that you won't have to search for

(1) Our brakes don't wear out or need new pads, and they don't need a servo to work them!

(2) Our crawlers don't usually melt

(3) I have yet to see a crawler "Disintegrate"! (Kamikaze came close once!)

And in closing I, no we would love to see some video of your RC "Slamming into a wall at 30mph and come out with hardly a scratch"! And if you post the video of this I will even search for it when you say you have posted it
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:48 PM   #11
Relaxed !

X2, well put!!!!!!!!
i searched and found nuthin on car slammin!!!!!
sococrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:00 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Don't bother searching, just start a thread asking where the video is
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:28 PM   #13
WOOPOOW!!

I personally like helping people out in any way I can, so I started this thread:
Adopt a newbie todaayy!!!

I just wish more noobs would look at it? Hell Ive even learned stuff from that thread..
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

there just need to be a rule same as using the classified section.
have been on so long or have so many posts before you are able to start a new thread
Nish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:06 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Forgot what I was searching for while reading this.
Ripperfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:03 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Funny thing Not long ago I started my own thread such as this.....

It is simply about taking the time to search out and find the info, believe me its there many times over.... Funny thing is finding an already exsisting thread is actually faster and easier than starting and waiting for ppl to answer your thread and they tell you to search...
So for those reading the search will be your best freind and if you decide to repost a question at least try to use a different approach....
Just a thought......Dave
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

So which crawler should I buy?
the_ghetto_rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

All threads should be stickies, then newb questions would be 20-some pages down.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #19
Hateraide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
Funny thing Not long ago I started my own thread such as this.....

It is simply about taking the time to search out and find the info, believe me its there many times over.... Funny thing is finding an already exsisting thread is actually faster and easier than starting and waiting for ppl to answer your thread and they tell you to search...
So for those reading the search will be your best freind and if you decide to repost a question at least try to use a different approach....
Just a thought......Dave

i constantly think the same thing, Why the hell do people start a thread when they can just search, its because they to god damn lazy to actually read they want other people to do the work, well you know what i say to that piss off and read something you losers....That is all
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:24 PM   #20
Old guy

I started this thread a while back and got jumped and beat up. And told what an ass I was.

I titiled it lasy ass people. The Mod changed it for me so it would die .

lets make it easier for the newbie
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote