Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Cell Phone Friendly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 10:09 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Cell Phone Friendly

I dont have a "I phone" or a Blackberry but would like to see a mobile friendly version so I can read and reply to posts when I'm on the road....Truck Driver is the occupation. My phone is a samsung exclaim and I can do facebook and you tube but no RcCrawler is this possible?
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2009, 10:27 PM   #2
www.team3sixrc.com

I have a verizon voyager and can do it all on mine. Most of thyese newer phones that are high tech can do most things. Depends on who you use for service that lines what is the best. One of my buddies has an iPhone and hates the things, while another of my friends has one and loves it.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:50 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

If you're on the road alot I highly recommend one of the smartphones available. I can count on two hands the times I've had to touch a computer in the 9 or so months since getting an iPhone. Obviously there are limitations but for web browsing it gets the job done
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:46 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

My cell phone makes calls!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:54 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Well I'm with sprunt and they told me the exclaim could do forum sites, what they didnt tell me was they had to be mobile forum sites so Now I'm stuck for 2 years I guess
Old 09-27-2009, 07:18 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I don't have a computer I do all of my computing with my verizon blackberry and have no problems. I can add picks to a thread or post using photobucket but I can only do 1 pick at a time.
rocksrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:17 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
My cell phone makes calls!
There's an indy cell store in my area with a glass case display that has various og phones like this one, bag phones and early flip motos. Funny stuff
Old 09-27-2009, 11:03 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Haha....I had one of those early Motorola Flip Phones.....with the black and orange screen and the battery on the flip up part.....they were crap.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Lol cmon guy you know back then it was the shiznitobam
Old 09-27-2009, 01:00 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I dont know if this will help but I have a htc titan 2 (at&t Tilt) and I use opera mini. Its a free full web browser that can also convert mobile views of sites. Im not familiar with your phone, but if its a smart phone you should be able to load the program. Check out this site for opera mini and other programs. http://www.ppcwarez.*rg

Last edited by Ripperfi; 09-28-2009 at 12:19 AM. Reason: exclude google search results EDIT: damn quotes
Ripperfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:09 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

yep, try the opera . i am using it right now on my samsung saga smartphone riding in the truck.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:09 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripperfi View Post
I dont know if this will help but I have a htc titan 2 (at&t Tilt) and I use opera mini. Its a free full web browser that can also convert mobile views of sites. Im not familiar with your phone, but if its a smart phone you should be able to load the program. Check out this site for opera mini and other programs. http://www.ppcwarez.org

Thanks for that info but could not find anything on my phone. It's a Samsung Exclaim M550 I tried to google software upgrades but no luck yet. I'm not the best computer guy so it may take me a while but thanks for all the help
Old 09-28-2009, 12:15 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Found this on the sprint forums. Been awhile since I was on other forums. Makes me appreciate RCC and its simplicity that much more. Anyways here ya go http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=193079

Now that discusses how to use opera and bolt web browsers. Have you been able to download either opera mini or bolt and install?

Here is the link to opera for a mobile download http://www.opera.com/mini/download/

Here is a link to bolt mobile download
http://boltbrowser.com/download.html

If your viewing this on your phone and are unable to click links, try typing the link into the address bar of your phones browser. I would try opera first as it seems to have better results with your model phone.

If you are still having trouble, and as a last resort, I could send you the install cab file. You would then need to download it to your phones mini-sd card and install from there. This would require a pc and a card reader.

Good luck~!
Old 09-28-2009, 04:04 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripperfi View Post
Found this on the sprint forums. Been awhile since I was on other forums. Makes me appreciate RCC and its simplicity that much more. Anyways here ya go http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=193079

Now that discusses how to use opera and bolt web browsers. Have you been able to download either opera mini or bolt and install?

Here is the link to opera for a mobile download http://www.opera.com/mini/download/

Here is a link to bolt mobile download
http://boltbrowser.com/download.html

If your viewing this on your phone and are unable to click links, try typing the link into the address bar of your phones browser. I would try opera first as it seems to have better results with your model phone.

If you are still having trouble, and as a last resort, I could send you the install cab file. You would then need to download it to your phones mini-sd card and install from there. This would require a pc and a card reader.

Good luck~!
First I would like to say thanks i can now post from my phone! like i am now!
Old 09-28-2009, 05:28 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Success. Glad I was able to help.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:04 PM   #16
RCC Addict

I really like this opera program but I do have 1 question. the program says I need a handler but it seems to work just fine. I googeled the handler and found it but was unable to download the free version. Is this something I need or not? again thanks for the help!
Old 09-28-2009, 06:23 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

No you dont need the handler. Its a small bug you might have to live with.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:37 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Cool thanks for everything I've fell in love with my phone again!
Old 09-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #19
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
There's an indy cell store in my area with a glass case display that has various og phones like this one, bag phones and early flip motos. Funny stuff
I've been trying to find a phone just like in that pict for about 10 years!!!!! If you have a store that would sell one let me know!!!!!!!
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:44 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
I've been trying to find a phone just like in that pict for about 10 years!!!!! If you have a store that would sell one let me know!!!!!!!
No dice, I've jokingly offered to buy but none are for sale