Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: What about the Tubers??????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2004, 04:34 PM   #1
20K Club

Default What about the Tubers??????

I was just wondering, this site is large enough and has enough tubers to support its own section dosn't it? I mean yeah they might use txt stuff or clod axels or maxx/txt/xfactor but dose it really matter? why not just make an area that is just for them.

I am having my chassis built now by a guy near me and it is hard to try and find all of the diffrent trucks that have experimented with tube chassis by searching though all the other forums.

Just tell me to shut the hell up if you guys think they should stay in there respective axle/gearbox group, but at lest say something about it (even if it is giberish).
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2004, 04:52 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: What about the Tubers??????

I think its a good idea to do
jeep_boy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:59 PM   #3
20K Club

well as long as atleast one person agrees i don't feel like an idiot.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:00 PM   #4
bendforthebone

I totaly agree
badtodabone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 05:09 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

We've gone over this dozens of times.

Its a bad idea. The idea is to keep the smart guys in with the newbies. Even then, just because they have a tube body doesn't mean they have anything else in common
SR5Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 05:20 PM   #6
PapaGriz Yo

This should be in the "Comments and Suggestions" section. But I will leave it here for a little while.

I would like to see a general readers rides section for pics, like has been suggested.
I can see where it would be nice to have a place to post questions and comments about tubers but it may not get much attention. But then again the good info would not get lost in "General Crawlers" like so much stuff does.

What I see is people post in "General Crawlers" cuz they want lots of replies. You might not get much activity in a Tuber section, like some of the other sections we have. Thats why people post radio, servo, motor questions in "General".
Thats prolly why this post is in "General Crawlers", to get more replies right? I'm not busting yer chops, just making an observation.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 05:39 PM   #7
20K Club

Yes that is definetly why I put it in here. I did not even think about the other section, my bad. But ok maybe not an entire section but something so that you would not have to search and search for stuff about tubers. and even a offical thread can get too long. I don't know just a thought but I think anything would be nice. Thanks guys
Old 10-08-2004, 05:49 PM   #8
PapaGriz Yo

I hear ya, there is good info on tubers in the General Crawlers, TXT, Clod, and Juggernaut sections. It's hard to find that stuff, especially in General Crawlers.
We'll have to see what Jason says.

BTW, if Jason makes a Tuber section and you know of a thread that should be moved there, let me know and I could move it after asking the originator.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 09:33 PM   #9
20K Club

ooooooooooooh JAAAAAYSON.........................WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUU.......

No I'm just kiddin, but I would like to know what you think. Even if it has been proposed so many times I am sure that there are more and more tubers every day or week or whatever. Just let us know what you think. I would just love to be able to search through all the different tubers without trying to filter through the forums to only find that someone said the word tuber or something along those lines.

Thanks man
Old 10-08-2004, 09:45 PM   #10
R.I.P. Chip

I am not opposed to having a section for tubers, although it will not happen until after the software upgrade.

Sometimes it is good having all the sections broke down a lot, other times it seems as though we already have too many sections.

I hate when forums have way too many sections, and have thought about closing a few sections here as well. Like the electronics section, and the tires and wheels section, and just moving all those posts into the general section.

If you want info on tubers, just type tuber into the search window and I'll bet you get every thread with a tuber in it.

Jason
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 09:49 PM   #11
06 Super National Champ

A tuber section would be cool, would have a single source of info for all the questions like:

Anyone have pics of a Boyer?

Post pics of your tuber!

How to contact Boyer?

What materials do I need?

Braze or weld?

blah, blah, blah.

If you create a tuber section, I think a FAQ should be pinned at the top to make it easy on the newbs that can't/won't use the search.

To keep the general BS out of General Crawlers, move the Chit Chat forum to the top. After all, people are lazy and don't feel like scrolling...it's kinda like using the search.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 09:50 PM   #12
bendforthebone

I still support a tuber section
badtodabone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 09:52 PM   #13
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
I am not opposed to having a section for tubers, although it will not happen until after the software upgrade.

Sometimes it is good having all the sections broke down a lot, other times it seems as though we already have too many sections.

I hate when forums have way too many sections, and have thought about closing a few sections here as well. Like the electronics section, and the tires and wheels section, and just moving all those posts into the general section.

If you want info on tubers, just type tuber into the search window and I'll bet you get every thread with a tuber in it.

Jason
ROFL...

You posted as I was typing.

The search works only if two things happen...

1. The person actually uses the search

2. The topic hasn't been pruned or dropped.

Just a thought.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 10:42 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Speaking of tubers...... Has anyone ever done any welding, without using a wire feed or tig, to aluminum?

I am thinking about making an aluminum tuber and was wondering if I could oxy/act weld, braze or solder the aluminum.

I know this may be stupid, but I don't want to pay the $500 for the spool gun for my Miller machines.
T-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 10:54 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

yes that can be done. - no I have not done it, but I got a weldors(not welder- cause a welder is the machne and a weldor is the operator!) - anyways I got a weldors handbook from sears and the guy that wrote it knows jis shite!(he was a wleding supervisor for NASA's laucnh pads!!!!)
in the braze section he showed how you could braze various metals together and he brazed a copper spacer to an aluminum can.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:22 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_boy02
yes that can be done. - no I have not done it, but I got a weldors(not welder- cause a welder is the machne and a weldor is the operator!) - anyways I got a weldors handbook from sears and the guy that wrote it knows jis shite!(he was a wleding supervisor for NASA's laucnh pads!!!!)
in the braze section he showed how you could braze various metals together and he brazed a copper spacer to an aluminum can.
I don't think he so much showed that " you could braze various metals together and he brazed a copper spacer to an aluminum can" so much as how HE could braze them Thats some skill!!

I've also seen two beer cans welded together butt-butt... that was pretty impressive but I think this guy takes the cake.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:02 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR5Dave
I've also seen two beer cans welded together butt-butt... that was pretty impressive but I think this guy takes the cake.

I got it, I got it.....

toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 09:16 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

I know what you mean Dave- I actually had "he" in there but then decided if I put "you" in, it would maybe give some people some confidence - but you ruined it all oh well
Old 10-09-2004, 11:00 AM   #19
20K Club

Back to what jason said, I know that if i search for tuber in the search bar I will get EVERYTHING with a tuber in it. The thing is I will also get EVERYTHING that anyone ever said the friggin word tuber, and that is a lot. I think it is a good idea to cut some sections as long as you make up for it by anding something more useful......................... ...............How about a tuber section
Old 10-09-2004, 11:54 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_boy02
I know what you mean Dave- I actually had "he" in there but then decided if I put "you" in, it would maybe give some people some confidence - but you ruined it all oh well
Sorry bud!! Thats some crazy skill though. Not that nobody else can do it.. Just takes a bit of practice. By a bit, I mean a lifetime, ;)