Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Can't post in forsale forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2006, 10:35 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Can't post in forsale forum

Just like the Title says i can't post in the forsale forum?

Dave
offroadjeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2006, 10:45 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Got banned from it,
Chit-chatting ETC is a ban, one warning ban and then permanent SP? ban after!
TLTCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:49 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Warning ban? I wasn't chit-chating i don't even post very much? I geuss im just confused. I just want to know why?

Dave
Old 05-01-2006, 10:51 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Here's some reading material for ya.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31808

Enjoy...
raytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:54 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

OH ok Sorry didn't see it i just thought i did some thing wrong.

Thanks...Dave
Old 05-01-2006, 11:00 PM   #6
RCC Addict

yeah, if you read that forum's rules sticky, you'll find out that that feature was taken away from there to end the idiots "bumping" their for sale threads (bumping is when the thread owner just post a reply of "bump" to move their thread to the top, even when no-one seems to be interested in their goods...)

if you want to reply to a for sale post, you'll have to mouse over the thread owner's name, and click a private message, send him an offer that way.

i was glad to see this thread started, because i wanted to thank the mods for doing that, because the amounting of "bumping" was starting to get out of hand. i really think the new rules are very fair. i just recently place a classified ad for a yard sale i'm doing in the pennysaver, and i can't "bump" that ad, and i PAID for it!! the way i see it, if no one shows any interest in your offering here within the 14 day limit, then it's time to move on and try elsewhere.

these are the new rules, and i'm tired of hearing everyone complaining about them, they are really quite fair...
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:52 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

You're welcome, it still amazes me how many people don't read the sticky posts at the top of the forums though.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:01 PM   #8
Built, not bought

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER
yeah, if you read that forum's rules sticky, you'll find out that that feature was taken away from there to end the idiots "bumping" their for sale threads (bumping is when the thread owner just post a reply of "bump" to move their thread to the top, even when no-one seems to be interested in their goods...)

if you want to reply to a for sale post, you'll have to mouse over the thread owner's name, and click a private message, send him an offer that way.

i was glad to see this thread started, because i wanted to thank the mods for doing that, because the amounting of "bumping" was starting to get out of hand. i really think the new rules are very fair. i just recently place a classified ad for a yard sale i'm doing in the pennysaver, and i can't "bump" that ad, and i PAID for it!! the way i see it, if no one shows any interest in your offering here within the 14 day limit, then it's time to move on and try elsewhere.

these are the new rules, and i'm tired of hearing everyone complaining about them, they are really quite fair...

I couldn't agree more.If they can't live by these rules then I say start charging like the classifieds do.
62PYRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 11:50 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

how hard is it to just email the person whos item you are interested in anyways? the only problem is you cant scroll down to see if it sold already. its a good change though.
aint scared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 06:34 PM   #10

Why is it you cant sell Nylint axles or chassis's here? Just new and curious and I just cant understand why you wouldnt be able to sell those.
RC_Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 07:32 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Because some dishonest people took advantage of the manufacturer and got free parts and then put them up for sale.
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:22 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aint scared
...the only problem is you cant scroll down to see if it sold already. its a good change though.
It's up to the seller to decide, if they want to recieve & answer a bunch of bogus P.M.'s, or... DELETE their thread, so it can no longer be viewed, by "potential buyers".

That's how it should be done...
raytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 12:12 PM   #13
Official Scale Nazi

I'm not usually one to rant but...I don't think that it's necessarily a "bad rule" but I don't think it works. I would rather see a rule such as "Only 1 bump per week". It would be pretty easy to moderate that too. It just sucks that you can't discuss items for sale considering this is a discussion board...seems pointless to me. Out of all the forums I visit, the for sale section here was/is the most under control. Other than a few small rules I don't think such a major change was needed.
pigeonfarmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 02:51 PM   #14
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonfarmboy
Out of all the forums I visit, the for sale section here was/is the most under control. Other than a few small rules I don't think such a major change was needed.
It was under such control because the mods and I spent a lot of time managing it. Now we don't have to spend any time on the for sale forum and we can concentrate on more important tasks at hand.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote