Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Consolidating forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2005, 10:36 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Consolidating forums

Awhile ago somebody mentioned they wanted to keep the number of forums small. Along those lines I was thinking of the classifieds sections. It'd be simpler to have a single classifieds forum and let the thread starter put WTB / FS / etc in the title.

I also don't think the Feedback forum needs to be there unless it can get re-worked. I can see it getting complicated after awhile. What would be better is a page where you can select the person's name from a list and either bring up all their feedback or submit new feedback. If that's too much to do then www.Heatware.com is widely used for feedback which would take the burden off the Mods here.

Thoughts?
Mazlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2005, 03:53 PM   #2
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Default Re: Consolidating forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazlem
Awhile ago somebody mentioned they wanted to keep the number of forums small. Along those lines I was thinking of the classifieds sections. It'd be simpler to have a single classifieds forum and let the thread starter put WTB / FS / etc in the title.

I also don't think the Feedback forum needs to be there unless it can get re-worked. I can see it getting complicated after awhile. What would be better is a page where you can select the person's name from a list and either bring up all their feedback or submit new feedback. If that's too much to do then www.Heatware.com is widely used for feedback which would take the burden off the Mods here.

Thoughts?
I pesonally like the cuurent For Sale/Wanted/Feedback sections. I think they work just fine.

I don't see any reason why we would need to use "www.heatware.com" software just to provide feedback. The main function of this site is not for "for sale/auction" so I think that would be overkill.

Thanks for the suggestions though.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 09:09 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Consolidating forums

The problem I see with the Feedback forum is that I think after awhile it'll be cumbersome to see if a given person would be good to deal with. Right now it's just one page, but with multiple pages you'd have to use the search and then read all the feedback for a given person.

What'd be nice is a way to A: Rate the deal and B: Have a search that at least provides totals for the ratings (IE Good: 5. Bad: 0.) As the user base grows I think that'll eventually be necessary. I know on the comp tech forums I visit it sure is.
Mazlem is offline   Reply With Quote