Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: 50 post + Before Selling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2006, 04:42 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default 50 post + Before Selling

I don't now if this is a good thing or not. There is a lot of guys selling stuff with less then 50 post and have no Feedback. Having them have more then 50 post my help members from getting ripped off. I have seen some good deals from new members with 0-10 post. But that makes me wonder if they are a good seller or not. Just a thought. Wouldn't hurt to add that extra security.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2006, 04:47 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Or you could just not deal with someone with under 50 posts or no feedback, well we all had no feedback at once but everyone needs a chance, right?
trickedoutTLT06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 04:52 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I hear ya. It was just a thought.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:12 AM   #4
Colt Python/SR9c

That is true, but some people only come for the For sale section. I can't say what will be done about it, if anything. That is for the higher ups to decide. I have seen several threads that I would have jumped on, if they had more posts or feedback. But I mainly only deal with people I really know(Jason,JIA,Dirk,Griz,Dez,Badger,etc) and you get the idea. Myself and the other mods try to weed out the posts that seem "iffy" in the for sale sections, but we just can't catch everything all the time.

I can only suggest that you deal with people you know if you do not trust others that much. I also understand that I had 0 posts and such at one time also, but that was way back when the board was new and it was nowhere near as big as it is now.
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:23 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Generally if I deal with someone new to the board I usually offer to exchange cell numbers and go from there. It may seem weak at first but I have been in sales for years and I can tell by someones voice if it is someone I want to deal with.

I do like the 50 post minimum idea though.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:54 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyRizzo
Generally if I deal with someone new to the board I usually offer to exchange cell numbers and go from there. It may seem weak at first but I have been in sales for years and I can tell by someones voice if it is someone I want to deal with.

I do like the 50 post minimum idea though.
and from your voice? I gotta tell ya by voice alone I would not deal with you.

but you are right, get #'s, real address, where they work, any info you can get.

usually they have a trading rep elsewhere that can be confirmed, like ebay or another site.

but Like mafia Frankie says if the feelings aint right dont do it
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 08:41 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

That wouldn't be really fair to the guys with under 50 post that bought a star. Like he said get as much info on them as you can.
whalebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 08:54 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Screw 50 posts,you could do that in a week.What's to stop someone that has 600 posts to get over on somebody?I think to sale/trade items you need to register your personal info to the mods,50 posts or 0 posts does'nt matter.If you screw someone we know where your wife works,what school your kids go to,etc,etc.Just my .02 cents
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:44 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405
What's to stop someone that has 600 posts to get over on somebody?
Damn I was thinking of getting one over on you. You are just too smart.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:58 AM   #10
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by whalebone
That wouldn't be really fair to the guys with under 50 post that bought a star. Like he said get as much info on them as you can.
If someone has a star, I'd have no problem dealing with them. The losers that are looking to rip people off, usually don't have one.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:26 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyRizzo
Damn I was thinking of getting one over on you. You are just too smart.
What do you mean was, you did! Where's my chicken pot pie fool!
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:26 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Where's my chicken pot pie fool!
Miy Pot Pie!!!
Old 10-06-2006, 10:44 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

i would like to add that i have bought a whole bunch of stuff from a lot of you guys(vendors) and never had a problem, also have dealt with other forum members and had nothing but great deals, i did get in some trouble with a member with well over 600 posts to his name and contacted Badger and he helped me out, i only deal through paypal also, i do know that a person that only takes mo or cash and checks might have credit problems and will probably not take paypal(i also know there are some minors here that might not have access to c.c. or paypal), so i would definetly not deal that way because if they decide to screw me there isn't much i coud do about it down here. I did ask for feedback reminder in the suggestions thread ,after you had gone through a sale, it seems that you have to ask people for feedback or else people wont post about it:-( , i think this would go a long way in assuring members who they are going to deal with( although it's not 100% guarateed).
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:56 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I think to sale/trade items you need to register your personal info to the mods,50 posts or 0 posts does'nt matter.If you screw someone we know where your wife works,what school your kids go to,etc,etc.

Good point.
RodyRazorBackc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 12:55 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I also have dealed with many Vendors and others on here with no problems. Maybe if they don't have 50 post. They should have a Star before posting in the For Sale Section. Doing this may also help get more star holders on here.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:34 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn
I also have dealed with many Vendors and others on here with no problems. Maybe if they don't have 50 post. They should have a Star before posting in the For Sale Section. Doing this may also help get more star holders on here.
yup!
sleek6mt is offline   Reply With Quote