Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: for trade section

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default for trade section

Was wondering why its as big of a deal as it is to state what you feel is a fair value for what you have offered to trade in the publics eyes.???

Why is this a rule that you cant in a trade section?

To say something is fairly worth an x amount and looking for an equal amount in trade does not imply that an item is for sale in any way shape or or form.

To state an item will go up for sale in the 4 sale section should a fair trade not be reached also does not imply it is for sale at the time of being listed in the trade section.

So please help me understand the criteria for such a strict policy for that section.???????

Its my understanding however that you can use these tactics in the 4 sale section in a reverse fashion stating a possible trade or partial trades and cash.

Please explain why it is so one sided??????

Why not just one 4 sale/ wanted/ trade/ section and simplify the matter?

Thanks in advance.
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: for trade section

Simple answer is rules are rules. I do not lose sleep everynight because I cannot post up how much my "whatever thingy" is valued in the RCC wanted section.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
Scale Detail Engineering

mere mortals can not comprehend such things... admins work in mysterious ways.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #4
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post
I do not lose sleep everynight because I cannot post up how much my "whatever thingy" is valued in the RCC wanted section.
I'm guessing that it's valued more to you and your wife/gf then to us on RCC.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
MODERHATER™

Hmmmmm, good questions really....

Buuuut, it's been working fine and dandy for years, and your really the only one to complain in like forever.....
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Well; when more ads get deleted maybe more will wonder the same questions...Im good with it as ive been explained how I can do what I was after and have conformed; but it still doesn't explain the criteria of why it cant be done in a certain section...Were members fighting over prices??? or others going to peoples thread saying something isn't worth that not to buy it???..you know?; a simple how come type answer..Im aware of what a rule is but wasn't aware I had broken it when I apparently did...I read the rules and understood them and still broke it in some eyes...so that's my situation on wanting to know why it is like it is..i may never get a real down to earth answer and that's fine but it doesn't hurt to try..Oh and ive lost no sleep over it..lol..just curios is all.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
RCC Addict

At this point, I find better deals in the wanted section than the FS section.

If Im looking for something I search the wanted section first. Not a joke.

The whole classifieds section is a mess IMO
youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

(2x) there should be a trade section.
Androtaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I have successfully been selling, buying and trading on RCC for over five years. But I read and follow rules, so I may be the exception.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:18 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I've never had problems selling or buying or trading... I think the classifieds are just fine and dandy!
1r3land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

If someone sees a price then they will offer that. Those of us that want to trade only don't want the cash, if we would have, we would have posted an ad in the For Sale section. Even when I post a trade only ad (because I don't care to sell at the moment) I get multiple PM's asking for a price, so why would we want to encourage anyone to ask for a price.

Besides trade value and sale value are two different things.

jmz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #12
RCC Addict

I thought I followed them as well...It says you cant say an item is for sale meaning you want money for it in the trade section...My method of saying I valued an item at x amount and looking for a trade of equal value never implied it was for sale in any way shape or form..

Also I made a statement that if I couldn't find a reasonable trade I would put the item up for sale at a later date...This also does not imply it was for sale at the time of being in the trade section.

I guess what bothered me most is I was told I was reported by a member for having said what I said on my ads which did not break the rules..I didn't put any item for sale in the trade section.
Nor did I list a FOR SALE price on any item...and I clearly started the items were for trade...So ehhhhh..is what it is I guess

And another is the time it took to list everything and search out the pics through many many pages of pics to list them up.

But anyway...im over it although I would still like to know how I broke a rule and why it is like it is.

I have my items up in the 4 sale section now and can list whatever I want to sell or trade it as long as I put up a for sale price.....I suggest the same for those wanting to trade or possibly sell their item without risk of being reported by members who have nothing better to do or just simply don't like you on here.

So im over all this and moving on with it...made some trades and sales since and im happy.

Last edited by 6sharky9; 11-28-2013 at 04:34 PM.

for trade section - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do any noobs in the wanted section read the 4 sale section? Unimoger Chit Chat 11 01-24-2006 12:21 PM